Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Season 12 Prediction Game

FORT Fogey

Re: Season 12 Prediction Game

My pick for the 5 girls:
    Candice
    Amber
    Kree
    Angie (not my fav, but people seem to like her)
    Janelle (though I like Aubrey too)

Can I say I hate hate hate this new format going from 10 to 5 rather than losing 2 per week?? Randy was right...need a wildcard OR BETTER YET, they take the top 10 vote winners regardless of guys and girls!! THAT would be a monumental improvement!

May we wait until next week to make our picks, or at least until after Thursday when the top ten is finalized?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

am i allowed to pick zoanette?

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    May we wait until next week to make our picks, or at least until after Thursday when the top ten is finalized?
    We make weekly picks for this game, not season-wide ones like some of the other contests up on these forums. We've been doing this longer than that format has been around. Each week after this we'll be guessing bottom 3 for points. Perhaps in future years we might switch to the pool/team format that TAR or Survivor are using now, but this year we're still using the old format.

That said, you CAN wait until any time up until right before the results show to make your guesses.

It is a little different this season (I think), because there is no bottom 3 this week ...or maybe there will be on Thursday? It is also possible that as someone suggested, they will just put the Top 10 (or 12) vote getters in as finalists ... or maybe 10 and then a couple of Wild Cards.

My only thought would be to put our results for this week in a vault until we know what they are doing ... and use them at the end as a bonus or tie-breaker.

I rarely watch ALL of the auditions, so I only know who maybe 5 or 6 of them are. I'll just flip a coin and save the coin to help pay my fare on public transportation!

As always ... jsciv ..thank you for doing this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

The past three years we've started this game with the live votes, and the semifinal to final rounds (where they narrow from 20+ to 10+) have been sort of "roll your own" as far as the rules go. The way I've got it, though, this week is up to 22 points and the rest of the weeks will be up to 21 points, so this is weighted essentially the same as one normal week.

Edit to add: BTW, I noticed that Keith specifically said that America was narrowing it to 5 girls so I think the gender balance has been confirmed.

Nikki also mentioned 5 girls. So unless they throw in a wild card which I hope they don't, it'll be 5 & 5. I also hope they ditch the judges save.

Quote Originally Posted by jsciv View Post
    The past three years we've started this game with the live votes, and the semifinal to final rounds (where they narrow from 20+ to 10+) have been sort of "roll your own" as far as the rules go. The way I've got it, though, this week is up to 22 points and the rest of the weeks will be up to 21 points, so this is weighted essentially the same as one normal week.

Edit to add: BTW, I noticed that Keith specifically said that America was narrowing it to 5 girls so I think the gender balance has been confirmed.
    I also didn't realize that the live girls sing was on last night. I definitely have sometimers disease. I am, at least watching it on ON DEMAND so at least I can figure out what their names are. ( Lots of ladies with "A" names ) I did notice that Keith mentioned 5 and I think Ryan said half of the girls which should equal 5. So ... unless they do wildcards, it appears there will be a Top 10.

I think I get it now ... thanks again jsciv.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Here are my picks. Most are also my favorites; a few are who I think will get enough votes even if I like someone else. For example, Curtis is not my style at all, but I picked him anyhow.

GUYS

Lazaro, Devin, Burnell, Paul, Curtis - last one called, LAZARO

GIRLS

Angela, Kree, Amber, Candice, Janelle - last one called, CANDICE

5 girls:
    Candace
    Amber
    Angie
    Kree
    Adriana

+ Reply to Thread