+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 40 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Season 12 Prediction Game

Re: Season 12 Prediction Game

First safe: Angie
    Second Safe: Amber
    Going Home: Janelle

(Phew, in before the threads lock!)

Quote Originally Posted by I<3JAY View Post
    I don't think anyone is going home. This is the last week for save card and why not use it...all top 5 deserve to be there, and it's entertaining to have all 5 of them sing next week. But just in case I'm wrong, here are my predictions...
    Even if the judges use the save, our predictions are on the vote, so it's good that you predicted.
    I<3JAY likes this.

Week Seven Results!

I feel like we're on Survivor: now that the boys' tribe has been Pagonged it's time for the girls to fall one by one. Who falls this week?

The Results

Safe: Kree Harrison
    Going home: Janelle Arthur

As expected, no third was revealed so only our "second safe" and "going home" guesses count. The best possible score is therefore 15 points.

On to the entries!

Arielflies: Amber Holcomb, Janelle Arthur = 8
    ech0226: Janelle Arthur, Amber Holcomb = 5
    Gutmutter: Amber Holcomb, Janelle Arthur = 8
    I<3JAY: Amber Holcomb, Janelle Arthur = 8
    jammyjoe: Amber Holcomb, Janelle Arthur = 8
    JLuvs: Janelle Arthur, Amber Holcomb = 5
    jsciv: Amber Holcomb, Janelle Arthur = 8
    NFL1: Amber Holcomb, Janelle Arthur = 8
    norm: Candice Glover, Janelle Arthur = 8
    r2maybs: Janelle Arthur, Amber Holcomb = 5
    razorbacker:: Amber Holcomb, Janelle Arthur = 8
    TeacherLady: Angela Miller, Janelle Arthur = 5
    Tigerusty: Amber Holcomb, Janelle Arthur = 8
    TNKY: Amber Holcomb, Janelle Arthur = 8
    VAgirl79: Candice Glover, Janelle Arthur = 8
    Vote4Makar: Amber Holcomb, Janelle Arthur = 8
    xmaskat: Amber Holcomb, Janelle Arthur = 8
    zanthia: Amber Holcomb, Janelle Arthur = 8

Well razorbacker is still pretty good on the prognisticating: as stated, pretty much we all sort of stuck together (though we neither sank nor particularly sailed for the most part. I am at a loss for interesting things to say about this other than "Yo dawg, how about Paula Abdul???"

Leaderboard

1 - NFL1 84
    2 - jammyjoe 82
    3 - VAGirl79 79
    3 - xmaskat 79
    3 - zanthia 79
    6 - razorbacker 78
    7 - I<3JAY 74
    7 - TeacherLady 74
    7 - Vote4Makar 74
    10 - Arielflies 72
    10 - jsciv 72
    12 - echo226 71
    13 - Gutmutter 69
    14 - TNKY 68
    15 - norm 67
    16 - Misty8723 65
    17 - Tigerusty 61
    18 - Magnum 57
    19 - r2maybs 56
    20 - Orchardgirl 48
    21 - Jluvs 39
    22 - DezBelle 27
    23 - Helenmaco2 15
    24 - LalahLand 8

Only one change of note this week was a drop from the top 10 that pushed two of us back into a tie for that last seat on the bus.

As we've pretty solidly moved into Bottom 2 territory, it's safe to say that congratulations are in order to the only person to score a full perfect guess all season!

Congratulations razorbacker !!!!!

The Mulligan Week

This is one of the most participatory games on FORT, and it can be tough with a busy life to keep up: so many times someone misses a single week and feels like they're out of it, and that can make the game less fun. Therefore this year I'll be trying out a new rule for scoring, the mulligan week.

The way this works is that if you participate in more than 3 weeks over the life of the game, your lowest week's score will not count. If you miss a week, don't worry you're still in it. And if you don't miss a week, you can even have a disastrous week where you're unable to guess the bottom three, and it'll be wiped clean! It's an experiment, but I hope that this will take a bit of the pressure off and allow more people to participate, and everyone to have more fun!

Perfect scores

Many of us (probably myself included) might end up middle of the pack. But no matter how many or few times you guess, if you make a perfect score you go onto the season long honor roll of perfect guessers!

Congratulations to this season's only perfect guess, razorbacker.

Next guesses

Traditionally they reveal only the bottom two from here on out, so next week we will drop to that format. You'll be guessing the bottom two vote-getters. The unique thing about Idol versus many other prediction games is that you will get to predict after seeing the performances for that week if you want! Guesses must be received here or via PM to me before the start of the live result show Thursday at 5pm PDT in the following format:

First safe: TeacherLady
    Going home: jsciv

Good luck to everyone!!!

Oops. I have a mistake and TeacherLady should be at 77 points in 7th place alone, with I<3JAY and Vote4Makar tied for 8th place. So sorry!!!!

Darn! I was counting on Amber being sent back last before bottom two as counting (it has before). I would have had the bottom 3 right (but wrong order) and moved up.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by jsciv View Post
    Oops. I have a mistake and TeacherLady should be at 77 points in 7th place alone, with I<3JAY and Vote4Makar tied for 8th place. So sorry!!!!
    Thanks! Trying to stay on that bus...

I am now behind on that hippie bus. Now everyone knows I'm hippie!
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Darn! I was counting on Amber being sent back last before bottom two as counting (it has before). I would have had the bottom 3 right (but wrong order) and moved up.
    I did think this through: Ryan would have had to say "bottom 3" or otherwise indicate that they were leaving three people in jeopardy. But Amber was the third in the "no particular order" group and we went to break with two on the block, so bottom 2 was the result.

Well, it was flounder around in the dark week & somehow I found the light switch to remain on the bus. Only because so many others had the same bottom two as I did & no one had Kree there. By the way, I don't buy for a minute that Kree was actually a bottom 2 vote getter, just ain't buying it.

I know I'm not doing very good this season, but I did post my guess (See post #265). But I don't see it on the list of points. Not that it matters, I'm definitely enjoying my seat on the hippie bus

Edit add-in just for you:

from Ariel currently sitting on half a seat on the tour bus.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 04-20-2013 at 03:52 PM.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

+ Reply to Thread