+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Season 12 Prediction Game

Re: Season 12 Prediction Game

Thanks, jsciv! So much fun!

I had to use some sharp elbows, but I retained a seat on the bus, only because Curtis was required by law to go back to the Bunny Ranch & give them back the drapes he used to make his jacket.

Thanks for keeping up with this & fair warning to all you contenders for a seat, my elbows are only going to get sharper...haha!

I can't believe I'm still on the bus after blowing my guesses this week. Thanks jsciv!
    Count your blessings!

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

The bus is pulling out on the highway trying to keep the tour bus in sight. Song of the Week - Margaritaville - who has the salt?
    Last edited by Arielflies; 03-28-2013 at 01:42 AM.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Okay ... I am confused.

Am I correct in that according to this week's leaderboard ... guesses/scores from last week didn't count?

In other words shouldn't the 2 weeks be added together and we keep our Mulligan week in reserve for when we choose to use it?

Sorry to be a pain but I forgot some of how this works.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

"The way this works is that if you participate in more than 3 weeks over the life of the game, your lowest week's score will not count. If you miss a week, don't worry you're still in it." - so the way I understand it, mulligans don't kick in for a couple of weeks.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    "The way this works is that if you participate in more than 3 weeks over the life of the game, your lowest week's score will not count. If you miss a week, don't worry you're still in it." - so the way I understand it, mulligans don't kick in for a couple of weeks.
    Yeah, I decided to kick the mulligan in this week just to make the weird jump happen now rather than later. If you don't make 4 weeks then I'll pull the mulligan out, but no matter when I did it the scores would be wonky for that week, so I figured I'd just get it out of the way now. I'm sorry if I confused anyone by doing that: first time with this and like I said it's a work in progress!

OK, that explains why I'm still on the bus. Thanks for clearing things up.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by jsciv View Post
    Yeah, I decided to kick the mulligan in this week just to make the weird jump happen now rather than later. If you don't make 4 weeks then I'll pull the mulligan out, but no matter when I did it the scores would be wonky for that week, so I figured I'd just get it out of the way now. I'm sorry if I confused anyone by doing that: first time with this and like I said it's a work in progress!
    Sorry ... I am still confused because the question I asked wasn't answered.. That is .

Am I correct in that according to this week's leaderboard ... guesses/scores from last week didn't count? In other words shouldn't the 2 weeks be added together?
    Maybe I asked the question wrong ... because obviously it didn't count in this week's score but ... I understand how the Mulligan works ... but are our scores from the first "live week" (which was predicting the top 10 out of 20) ... ever going to count ?
    Or is it that the score from week one can/will replace a lower score later Are the scores from week 1 "in the bank" so to speak?

Sorry ... I know this is the first time with the Mulligan system
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Your lowest week (whatever it is) won't count. So right now your score is whichever of the two is lowest doesn't count. After this week's results, whichever score is the lowest of the three won't count. And so on. So to answer the question I think you're answering, your week 1 score is indeed "in the bank."

It's perhaps confusing because of how I implemented it. I have a spreadsheet that will automatically pull out the lowest score from the grid for each player. When I put it together I realized that there was going to be one week where practically nobody's scores would move because the mulligan would kick in, which was going to look weird no matter when it happened. Rather than put that off, I just went ahead and let it happen this week. If someone doesn't make four weeks' worth of guesses I'll go manually reset their formula to take the mulligan off, but in the meantime we can look forward to the rest of the season without something wonky happening.

Does that help?

+ Reply to Thread