1st safe: Janelle
    2nd safe: Paul
    leaving & taking that hideous jacket with him: Curtis

Re: Season 12 Prediction Game

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherLady View Post
    Paul - first safe
    Lazaro - second safe
    Curtis - going home
    Not so good... Who knew Lazaro would come in 4th, and Paul would come out above Burnell? Evidently not me. I had Devin in there, then replaced him with Paul. So much for #1...

Congratulations to everyone who got it right with Curtis leaving! I've never been happier to be wrong.
    Count your blessings!

Originally Posted by TeacherLady
    Paul - first safe
    Lazaro - second safe
    Curtis - going home
    Quote Originally Posted by TeacherLady View Post
    Not so good... Who knew Lazaro would come in 4th, and Paul would come out above Burnell? Evidently not me. I had Devin in there, then replaced him with Paul. So much for #1...
    Maybe I wrote it down wrong ... but I don't think Paul was above Burnell. I think Burnell was Number 7 and the last one NOT in the bottom 3. Paul, I think was Number 8 ... and also in the Bottom 3 and the first safe .. so basically you got 2 out of three correct and in the right position .. so extra points. .
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    Maybe I wrote it down wrong ... but I don't think Paul was above Burnell. I think Burnell was Number 7 and the last one NOT in the bottom 3. Paul, I think was Number 8 ... and also in the Bottom 3 and the first safe .. so basically you got 2 out of three correct and in the right position .. so extra points. .
    Oh, I think you're right... I'm mainly just relieved that it wasn't Devin who went home. Even though this week wasn't his best, he didn't deserve second to last, IMO. And no more Curtis... Yay!

Well. I wasn't expecting that much info out of the results show... still we got a good bottom 3 so our guesses are valid for the week, and it looks like guessing bottom 3 every week will continue.

Results tomorrow!

I really liked the new format & the extra info they provided. And I loved Curtis getting the boot & the judges not using the save. I have to believe they will wait on that for one of the top 3 women, if it ever becomes necessary.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by NFL1 View Post
    My friend has tried to register for FORT all day...and filled out the forms, but did not yet get a confirmation email...and she's not allowed to post yet - can I give you her guesses to join the game (so she won't miss 2 weeks?)? Her username will be Round Top Retreat...here are her guesses if she's allowed to count:

First safe: Janelle
    Second safe: Lazaro
    Going Home: Curtis
    Hello - happy to join the game, but my registration with FORT still has not come in my gmail account. I confirm these choices, eventhough I only got one right. Thanks, Karen (Round Top Retreat)

Week Two Results!

Well well, these aren't the same old Idol results, are they? It's a new direction for the results, but we still know who the bottom three are!

I didn't realize that I didn't specify how the scoring works earlier in the thread (though if you've played before, it's the same as usual). For each member of the bottom three you correctly name, you get five points. For each one you have put in the correct position you get bonus points: 1, 2, and 3 points for first, second, and eliminated. So a perfect score is 21 points. How did you do this week?

The Results

1: Angie Miller, Candice Glover, Kree Harrison
    4: Lazaro Arbos
    5: Amber Holcomb
    6: Janelle Arthur
    7: Burnell Taylor

8: Paul Jolley
    9: Devin Velez
    Eliminated: Curtis Finch, Jr.

With much more of the voting exposed (because it was important, after all, to know that Devin won Puerto Rico and Candace won South Carolina), we have a much better lineup of where the contestants are. That should make us all better informed as the season progresses and help us in our guesses, right? So how did we do this week anyway?

Arielflies: Janelle Arthur, Paul Jolley, Curtis Finch, Jr. = 13
    DezBelle: Devin Velez, Lazaro Arbos, Curtis Finch, Jr. = 13
    echo226: Devin Velez, Janelle Arthur, Curtis Finch, Jr. = 13
    Gutmutter: Burnell Taylor, Lazaro Arbos, Devin Velez = 5
    Helenmaco2: Lazaro Arbos, Devin Velez, Curtis Finch, Jr. = 15
    I<3JAY: Devin Velez, Paul Jolley, Curtis Finch, Jr. = 18
    jsciv: Paul Jolley, Burnell Taylor, Curtis Finch, Jr. = 14
    Magnum: Devin Velez, Lazaro Arbos, Curtis Finch, Jr. = 13
    Misty8723: Devin Velez, Janelle Arthur, Curtis Finch, Jr. = 13
    NFL1: Devin Velez, Curtis Finch, Jr., Paul Jolley = 15
    norm: Burnell Taylor, Devin Velez, Curtis Finch, Jr. = 15
    r2maybs: Burnell Taylor, Lazaro Arbos, Curtis Finch, Jr. = 8
    razorbacker: Janelle Arthur, Burnell Tayler, Curtis Finch, Jr. = 8
    RoundTopRetreat: Janelle Arthur, Lazaro Arbos, Curtis Finch, Jr. = 8
    TeacherLady: Paul Jolley, Lazaro Arbos, Curtis Finch, Jr. = 14
    Tigerusty: Janelle Arthur, Lazaro Arbos, Curtis Finch, Jr. = 8
    TNKY: Burnell, Taylor, Devin Velez, Curtis Finch, Jr. = 15
    VAgirl79: Burnell Taylor, Devin Velez, Curtis Finch, Jr. = 15
    Vote4Makar: Devin Velez, Lazaro Arbos, Curtis Finch, Jr. = 13
    xmaskat: Janelle Arthur, Paul Jolley, Curtis Finch, Jr. = 13
    zanthia: Janelle Arthur, Devin Velez, Curtis Finch, Jr. = 15

Looks like most of us knew that Curtis would be turning the carpet-jacket into a flying carpet to ride home. A lot of people correctly saw that Devin's muted song translated to muted votes as well. Burnell, Janelle, and Lazaro should all be grateful that ours aren't the votes that count, though!

No perfect guesses this week, but kudos to I<3JAY for getting it this close, just barely putting Paul and Devin in the wrong order! NFL1 was the only other one to get all three people, but was tied with Helenmaco2, norm, TKNY, and VAgirl79 who were all able to place the final two correctly!

With the mulligan week taken into account this week's scores were static and our leaderboard didn't move too much. Most folks who participated in both weeks did about the same, and those who participated in only one are right in the thick of it. But with more entrants, a few of us did slide down a bit! Next week we'll begin to see the scores separate out who will be going on our tour bus this year from the rest!

Leaderboard

1 - TeacherLady 21
    2 - jammyjoe 20
    2 - xmaskat 20
    4 - i<3JAY 18
    4 - NFL1 18
    4 - VAGirl79 18
    4 - zanthia 18
    8 - echo226 16
    8 - Gutmutter 16
    8 - jsciv 16
    8 - razorbacker 16
    12 - Helenmaco2 15
    12 - norm 15
    12 - TNKY 15
    15 - Arielflies 14
    15 - Magnum 14
    15 - r2maybs 14
    15 - Tigerusty 14
    15 - Vote4Makar 14
    20 - DezBelle 13
    20 - Misty8723 13
    22 - LalahLand 8
    22 - RoundTop 8

The Mulligan Week

This is one of the most participatory games on FORT, and it can be tough with a busy life to keep up: so many times someone misses a single week and feels like they're out of it, and that can make the game less fun. Therefore this year I'll be trying out a new rule for scoring, the mulligan week.

The way this works is that if you participate in more than 3 weeks over the life of the game, your lowest week's score will not count. If you miss a week, don't worry you're still in it. And if you don't miss a week, you can even have a disastrous week where you're unable to guess the bottom three, and it'll be wiped clean! It's an experiment, but I hope that this will take a bit of the pressure off and allow more people to participate, and everyone to have more fun!

Perfect scores

Many of us (probably myself included) might end up middle of the pack. But no matter how many or few times you guess, if you make a perfect score you go onto the season long honor roll of perfect guessers!

We almost had one, but a perfect score still eluded us this week. Who will be first on the honor roll??

Next guesses

Next week we continue our usual format. You'll be guessing the bottom three vote-getters. The unique thing about Idol versus many other prediction games is that you will get to predict after seeing the performances for that week if you want! Guesses must be received here or via PM to me before the start of the live result show Thursday at 5pm PDT in the following format:

Seventh: TeacherLady
    Eighth: Tigerusty
    Ninth: jsciv

I've offered bonus points in the past for the use of the Judges' Save, but I'm kind of over that this year. So we'll just guess the places, and if the judges use the save we'll adjust the next week's predictions accordingly.

Good luck to everyone!!!

+ Reply to Thread