+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: 1/17 AI 12 Audition Round #2 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 1/17 AI 12 Audition Round #2 **West Coast Spoilers**

I fell asleep before stuttering boy. Oh well, it doesn't really start for me until Hollywood. I like that they're not showing as many fools and tone deaf contestants. I get that that's what makes it entertaining for some folks, but I'd rather get an early look at everyone who makes it through. And I don't care how much NM and Mariah claw each other - they don't have to edit so much of it into the show!
    Count your blessings!

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Griffin = potential winner

FORT Regular

Wow, without having watched the actual show, I'm already tired reading of all the cattiness between the two divas here on FORT. A pity, since I rather like Keith Urban, what little I saw of him in between switching channels. At the risk of offending all my dear fellow female FORTers, the producers should have just stuck with an all male judging panel, as the female judgers/mentors on such shows tend to bring more melodrama/outrageous fashion than actual judging (Nikki, Paula, Demi, Christina, Britney, the list goes on). I wish Adam Lambert had been brought in as the third judge as earlier speculated, and I would have been a truly happy camper (Throw in Adam Levine as a fourth and I would be totally over the moon). That said, I'll probably give this season a pass if the two divas continue their act into the Hollywood rounds, where I normally start my serious AI watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    I remember and Lazaro has a lovely voice. Chicago was more encouraging than New York, but it looks like the cat fight goes viral next Wed in Charlotte.
    The Charlotte catfight was the one that was leaked over the internet & the producers never did find out who leaked it. Evidently it was recorded off of a monitor to the side of the stage.

By the way, for those that care, there is a really good article about the show & the new judges in the Hollywood Reporter issue from 2 weeks back. And, for those of you that are Nicki detractors, this reporter was at the Hollywood Round when they cut down to 40. He or she, said that Nicki made such an incredible off the cuff speech to the remaining contestants that everybody was blown away with how good & how inspirational it was. I have a subscription to the mag, so I can quote it for you:

When addressing the remaining contestants Nicki said.

You've seen the heartbreak of the kids who have been turned away today...I've put it into perspective of how much this meant to them. You are the lucky ones. You are the ones who are here. Don't throw it away. Don't treat it like it's not important. This is a rocketship to stardom if you can ride the rocket.

Personally, I am quite surprised at how I have changed my mind about the girl. Yes, she is abrasive, but she has also offered up some of the more intriguing insights & compassionate comments & I for one am shocked that I am saying this, but I find her much more tolerable than Mariah.

By the way, there was some really fine talent on display last night. And just as a bit of info...279 kids make it to Hollywood.
    RealVoyeur and Shoepie like this.

My husband watched last night and he was completely turned off by Nicki. He noted that every time Mariah tried to speak, Nicki interrupted her or made a sassy comment.
    Lizard and MsDiva2007 like this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post

I am not shocked his stuttering goes away when singing? Mel tillis anyone? Am I the only one old enough to remember ?

That's where my mind went, too. He does have a great voice.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

FORT Fogey

Nicki gives a good critique. I like her judging comments and her kindness to some who took the rejection to heart. It ends there.

Mariah has little to offer in the judging, so far. What is up with her soft baby voice and coy behavior?

I will enjoy the cat fighting; they are both silly and immature in that department.

This is a serious competition for the singers but not for me. Give me all the drama you can to help me negotiate the many hours of this tired show.

Randy is much better this season. He has dropped his slang or cut back, at least. He is giving straight forward comments and, so far, seems more articulate. It is early still.
    RealVoyeur likes this.

I think the panel would be awesome without Nikki Minaj. You would have three people who really know what true talent is musically gifted at that. Nikki is like side show bob. Nikki may well be popular for her antics but a majority of these contestants are awed either by Keith Urban or Mariah Carey. They are there to be singers not sideshow acts.

Anyone have an idea what our WGWG count is so far? I am hoping its Zero.
    JavaJo likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Mariah s just so over the top music wise. I think she was just showing she is a normal person with nothing to prove. I was turned off by Nicki saying no to the girl with the matching eye shadow verbalizing that she saw her as a competitor. She is talented. NIcky dies not appear confident enough to be a judge....liking Keith as a judge....Congratulations to all the singers making it through...great job!
    You can do it!

To the Point

Having Nicki on the panel is like having a middle school girl up there. That's a tough age. Wish she'd hurry up and grow out of it. And I apologize to any middle school girls reading. She just reminds me of the "worst" of that age.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast