+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: 1/16 AI 12 Audition Round #1 **West Coast Spoilers**

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: AI 12 Audition Round #1 **West Coast Spoilers**

The worst thing about Mariah Carey being an American Idol judge is now we have more contestants than ever butchering songs with extended runs. I hate that crap!!!!!!!!!!

I don't like either Mariah or Nicki. I don't think I'll be watching much of American Idol this season. I didn't watch much of the last season, either. There are other better shows on at the same time as Idol.

The one-legged guy did himself no favors starting with the Jason Mraz song. He was horrible at that! I don't like that song anyway but then his singing was choppy. I was wondering why he brought his guitar to the audition if he wasn't going to use so I was glad when Randy asked him to do another song. I really thought he would go through to the next round based on the strength of that performance. I think if he had started with that song, he would have gone to Hollywood.

I didn't think the judges were fair to the girl who did the original song (the one nominated by her mother). Her song stunk but her voice was good. They should have had her do another song, one not her own. Or maybe they did and didn't show that part of the audition.
    Last edited by pikachu; 01-17-2013 at 09:56 AM.
    Shoepie likes this.

Nikki is so silly she tries hard to insult Mariah. Mariah though is the queen of throwing shade. Nikki is so clueless she probably has no idea Mariah through enough shade her way to cause a total blackout,lol. Nikki needs to stick to the rivers and streams that she is used to. I mean really what was with the Ronald McDonald hair in the second hour she had?
    Shoepie likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Nikki is so silly she tries hard to insult Mariah. Mariah though is the queen of throwing shade. Nikki is so clueless she probably has no idea Mariah through enough shade her way to cause a total blackout,lol. Nikki needs to stick to the rivers and streams that she is used to. I mean really what was with the Ronald McDonald hair in the second hour she had?
    I love this expression! This is the first I heard it.
    MsDiva2007 likes this.

FORT Fogey

Randy said that Mariah was the loving, nurturing mother with her judging.

I miss Simon, that is for sure. This show is not interesting, for me, without him.

I didn't watch last night after all. I had posted that I'm trying to stay away. I came here due to being curious on what happened. lol
    I do like Mariah and Keith, but IMO, placing Nicki as a judge is just insulting. No offense to her fans, but I don't get it.
    waywyrd, libgirl2, Shoepie and 1 others like this.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Yawn. I'm over the outrageous in the auditions. I think The Voice spoiled me in that all auditioners were serious and had good voices whether they made it through or not. Now, not only are those who audition outrageous, but the judges are too.

I had to force my eyelids to stay open to make it through both hours. In the spirit of hope for a show I used to love, maybe the Chicago audition tonight will be better now that the judges have opening night out of their systems.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I've watched every season of AI and I will watch this season, but I can tell it will be a challenge with Nicki and Mariah. I adore Keith Urban and I think he will add a much-needed country influence to the panel. The majority of the AI contestants that have had success after this show have been in the country genre, so his opinion will certainly be beneficial. You could tell he was getting irritated at what was going on between the two women, though, and I hope he finally tells them to shut the F up and remember why they are even there!

I am not into Mariah's music at all, but I think she has had enough success that she could be a good judge. Nicki on the other hand, not so much. I can't see where she brings anything to the show. The only surprise to me was how nurturing she seemed to be with the ones that didn't do well. She'd make a point with me then lose that point with her next eye roll or interruption of whomever was trying to talk. So far the one thing I am happy with is that these judges aren't afraid to critique and say no. Steven and JLo got so complacent with loving everything and everyone, what with Steven and his "just beautiful" and JLo with her "goosies". I'm not sorry to see either one go.

I will watch the show for Keith. The man is a brilliant musician and singer and if he can get a word in edgewise this season I think he will make a huge difference in how this show turns out.

Nicki Minaj just replaced Kara DioGuardi as the worst AI judge ever

I forgot it was on. Not really planning on watching, but I might have popped in to check it out. Apparently, I'm not alone, according to what I have read they had a 19% ratings drop from last seasons premiere. I hate to say this, but I think AI is in its death throes.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I wasn't wowed by any of the talent last night and Nikki sitting there with a sour look on her face every time Mariah spoke grated on my nerves. Weird thing is, most of the time Mariah was agreeing with her and she still looked bothered by it. I think Nikki might be a little jealous of the Diva.
    MsDiva2007 likes this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast