+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: 1/16 AI 12 Audition Round #1 **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: AI 12 Audition Round #1 **West Coast Spoilers**

My biggest problem is that I don't listen to pop music other than Karmin (love them) and I hate country music. An old hippie has little wiggle room in current music.
    YellowRose and JohnnyK like this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Overall I still find American Idol boring. But I'll join the fun for now, I suppose.

I like Turbanator but he won't go far.
    Shoepie likes this.

I am not sure how Nicki Minaj can judge talent when she is so obviously lacking it? Smh
    JLuvs, waywyrd, pikachu and 4 others like this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Nicki with the eye-rolling, faces, and catty remarks is going to get old fast... wait - it's already old! It was old 3 minutes into the show. I felt sorry for the people trying to audition while she was making it about herself.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by WinkyD View Post
    Blueberry Sarah was better as Nicki than as Carrie! (Of course, nobody sings "Super Bass" better than Sophia Grace [and Rosie]! Sophia Grace's Show Stopping Performance! - YouTube )
    It's a bit easier to outsing someone that doesn't actually sing than it is a vocalist who sings a song she wrote.

I reckon I'm in the minority cause I found, surprisingly enough, Nikki to be more palatable than Mariah.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

The guy with the ridiculous wig, in the red "fart suit" (as in everytime he moved there was a fart sound from the plastic the suit was made from) was beyond belief!

Even though I like the auditions, I'm not too sure how long this stale, tired show is going to be able to hold me.

I've also never understood people calling rap "music" when it's non-stop talking and the only music is the background. My son and I don't agree on this mess, at all. I need melodic words in my "music".....not just talking!

I am also not a poetry fan.....never have been.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 01-17-2013 at 08:22 AM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I miss Simon. He would have told Nicki and Mariah to shut their pie holes. Poor Keith. I hope he comes out of it unscathed, sitting between those two.
    waywyrd likes this.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Fort Member

I can not stand JLo and I stopped watching last season as I just could not take all the nicey nicey anymore I missed Simons honesty
    So when I heard Mariah and Nicki were the judges, I do not like either of them and I thought thats it I have officially stopped watching not even the announcement of Keith who I like was enough, until the reports of the fights between the two Divas came out then I thought maybe this season they would be honest and it might be interesting after all. So I started to look forward to it. Ten minutes in and I was over it, I stuck it out until the really bad English accents appeared and that was it for me, I can't do it.
    Uncle David and YellowRose like this.

FORT Fogey

I will skip the rest of the auditions and when the show actually starts I will do what I did through the Simon-Paula drivel and the Tyler-Jennifer self aggrandizement....mute the sound when they come on.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast