+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Keith Urban AI 12 Judge

Re: Keith Urban AI 12 Judge

Sorry I was wrong about it being drugs. I only remember they went through a rough patch.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    I agree. There's a lot I don't care for about modern country, but there is still more to like than anything else I've heard out there lately.
    Back during the 60's & 70's there were bands such as Pure Prairie League, Ozark Mountain Daredevils, Elvin Bishop. Charley Daniels Band, Poco, and many others that were considered rock bands, but if they were just coming of age today, they would fit pretty comfortably into the new Country genre. That's one of the reasons I don't understand why so many folks say they don't listen to Country or don't like country. It's certainly not the old timey whining & crying country that I didn't like.

Oh, & don't tell Keith that you " did the country thing"! Hey was not impressed.
    Debb70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Back during the 60's & 70's there were bands such as Pure Prairie League, Ozark Mountain Daredevils, Elvin Bishop. Charley Daniels Band, Poco, and many others that were considered rock bands, but if they were just coming of age today, they would fit pretty comfortably into the new Country genre. That's one of the reasons I don't understand why so many folks say they don't listen to Country or don't like country. It's certainly not the old timey whining & crying country that I didn't like.

Oh, & don't tell Keith that you " did the country thing"! Hey was not impressed.
    I still listen to my albums / CDs by Pure Prairie League, Poco, Marshall Tucker Band, etc... these groups made some really great music! I like the 'Southern Rock' genre, or whatever they labeled these country rock groups back then. Their music style started me on my love for country music.

He needs to lighten up, she was too young to be put in the country box. I agree with NM.
    RealVoyeur likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I loved Keith's reaction/response to Charlie Askew. I've been watching his audition over and over - my absolute favorite so far and the only one whose name I've learned. Keith seemed sincerely taken by him and gave him two yesses (had to google the plural of "yes" - can also be "yeses").
    Count your blessings!

What I don't care for about "modern" country is stuff like Jason Aldean and that style. It's not that I don't like country rock - I do - but I prefer the story songs (like Carrie Underwood or Martina McBride for example) to the you make my speakers go boom boom style, or I wanna role down my window and cruise, etc. I've also never been a fan of the flag waving stuff (with a couple exceptions). There was more to the old timey country than whining and crying, and I think there's just as much whining and crying now as well.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Keith's issue was alcohol, not drugs.

If you agree with the following definition, alcohol IS a drug.

Any substance, which when absorbed into a living organism, may modify one or more of its functions.

That being said, if you go back far enough into his past, he also used cocaine . . . and by his own accounts, he used it "quite frequently".

As a fan, I am eternally grateful that he found the strength and determination to get rid of both demons. He's quite happy now, a beautiful wife, two beautiful girls and a successful career. It shows in his attitude on the show. If he weren't on the panel, I would NOT be watching.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Last night when Keith said to Kree something along the lines of..." That song was in the key of B & you were able to hit an F Major above High C"....that was one of the most impressive things I have ever heard any of the judges say in any season yet. Now I know it's his job as a singer songwriter musician to know these things, but for laymen like me I had no idea. I know what I like, but I know nothing about what I'm hearing, notes or key wise.
    NCLurker likes this.

Last night when Keith said to Kree something along the lines of..." That song was in the key of B & you were able to hit an F Major above High C"....that was one of the most impressive things I have ever heard any of the judges say in any season yet. Now I know it's his job as a singer songwriter musician to know these things, but for laymen like me I had no idea. I know what I like, but I know nothing about what I'm hearing, notes or key wise.
    Same here, and I can't couldn't cary a tune if you put handles on it. Sometimes I think it sounds off, sour, whatever and they praise it to the skys. Whereas sometimes I think it sounds good and they say it's pitchy. All I know is I like what I like and I don't care what key it is or how many vocal gymnastics they can do or what their range is. Some of my all time favorites have very limited range or wouldn't make it past the auditions, but I would rather listen to them than all of the Whitney wannabes and that style. But that's just me.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123