+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Keith Urban AI 12 Judge

Re: Keith Urban AI 12 Judge

Quote Originally Posted by biggbaddgirl View Post
    I knew of him and just recently finally listened to some of his music which makes me like him even more.
    I know there aren't many Country music fans on this site, & I'm not sure why, Country music has so many great people involved making so much incredible music. I think if folks would just give it a chance they would find a lot to like about the genre. Keith is one of many that are making music that is much more accessible that anything going on in the pop world. And I agree with LittleSew&Sew, if you get a chance to see him live, definitely take the opportunity.
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.

Meh, he's boring as a judge.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
    Meh, he's boring as a judge.
    I think so as well -nice guy, but I could hardly hear him above the cackle from um ladies.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Seems this season is all about Mariah and Niki. I haven't watched all the shows fully, but from what I did watch I rather liked Keith. Really hard to tell until we get down to the nitty gritty and get thru the auditions.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    I know there aren't many Country music fans on this site, & I'm not sure why, Country music has so many great people involved making so much incredible music. I think if folks would just give it a chance they would find a lot to like about the genre. Keith is one of many that are making music that is much more accessible that anything going on in the pop world. And I agree with LittleSew&Sew, if you get a chance to see him live, definitely take the opportunity.

I completely agree with you. Thing is, I do listen to some country music artist. I love Rascal Flatts, Carrie Underwood. Used to listen to the Dixie Chicks, Shania Twain and quite a few other artist. I think I like the ones who have that crossover pop feel to them for some reason though. I even just recently listened to a Blake Shelton song and really liked it and for some reason thought I wouldn't like his music.

Keith had to leave the second day of the Charlotte audition to support his wife as she received an award. He said he needed to hold her hand. Ahh. Through the rough start to their marriage (his drug rehab) they seem to have come out a strong, supportive couple.
    NCLurker likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I'd heard his name but had no idea what he sang. When I found out he was a country artist, I was like no wonder I'm not familiar with any of his stuff. I don't listen to country. I didn't know he was married to Nicole Kidman.
    Current Pools: Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7: TBA

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Keith had to leave the second day of the Charlotte audition to support his wife as she received an award. He said he needed to hold her hand. Ahh. Through the rough start to their marriage (his drug rehab) they seem to have come out a strong, supportive couple.
    Keith's issue was alcohol, not drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    I agree. There's a lot I don't care for about modern country, but there is still more to like than anything else I've heard out there lately.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Didn't know he had a substance abuse problem.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast