+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Mariah Carey AI 12 Judge

Re: Mariah Carey AI 12 Judge

Did anyone read about the tweets Nicki sent out yesterday insulting Mariah? This woman is so childish. For her to continue to insult Mariah is just pathetic. I hope AI producers have dealt with her. Is she just that bold or plain stupid?

FORT Fogey

I would go with the two you list and add ignorant. Since she has NO talent, she is sounding like the bitter one.

Mariah has more class in her pinky finger than Nicki has in her entire body. It's so sad to see Mariah have to deal with her.
    Lil Bit and ilja like this.

I must be on the outs because I don't see the upside to Mariah either. I don't see where she has comported herself all that well.

I think that Mariah has paid her dues in the entertainment industry and that just being there is enough. She's not the best judge. That's true, but I don't think that Nicki is in any place to treat music royality so disrespectfully.

I would feel the same way if Keith Urban was talking junk to George Strait, if he were on the panel.
    ilja likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Did anyone read about the tweets Nicki sent out yesterday insulting Mariah? This woman is so childish. For her to continue to insult Mariah is just pathetic. I hope AI producers have dealt with her. Is she just that bold or plain stupid?
    Yes ... I read one article.

IMariah is 43 years old and Nicki is 30. Mariah is just unable to do the duck water thing and she lets Nicki somewhat intimidate her.

They should keep Mariah and dump Nicki. How about Keith, Mariah and Harry C? Let Randy be the sidelines Chief Judge and he and Jimmy can do little asides.

Mariah is really no worse than Paula was ... but she doesn't have an adequate foil like Simon.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I guess I never figured that Mariah would want to do this thing for more than one season. I just don't think she ever considered it other than a one time experience. She doesn't need the money and it really looks like it stresses her out. And not just the Nicki part. I think that having to give criticism and to say good-bye to the singers weighs on her. I will shocked if she came back. So, I'm trying to figure out who they will replace for her and Nicki.

I know I'm in the minority here on Keith, but I don't care for his opinions. I think he's off a lot. He's likable enough, but I hope he declines to come back next season. I wish Randy would decline too. I would like THREE new judges.
    Misty8723 likes this.

It would be fun to have someone like Clay as a judge. Perhaps with Harry and a female who has been there done that. How about Tamyra?

I still think that Randy ought to be "Chief Judge" and maybe he can give comments on performance nights and Jimmy can do the results night comments.
    Debb70 likes this.

Mohandas Gandhi

I'm happy to say I actually read that there are stories that ALL of the judges will be replaced! I really hope it's true! The reason is low ratings.

I have another theory on the low ratings. The theatre they have been filming is too small! It's much smaller than ever before. It just doesn't cut it, IMO. I think the previous places that were much larger, with larger crowds and a bigger look, are good for ratings for this particular kind of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I'm happy to say I actually read that there are stories that ALL of the judges will be replaced! I really hope it's true! The reason is low ratings.

I have another theory on the low ratings. The theatre they have been filming is too small! It's much smaller than ever before. It just doesn't cut it, IMO. I think the previous place that were much larger, with larger crowds and a bigger look, are good for ratings for this particular kind of thing.
    What I have read is that NONE of the judges will be returning including Randy ... and that Producer Nigel Lithgoe is also being booted.

They are also planning to just totally re-vamp the show ... look and feel ... in order to draw younger audiences. Younger? It looked to me ... especially on the home town visits like much of the audience is barely out of diapers The audition shows however, will continue.

To me ... the biggest problem is the manipulation which is insulting to the contestants as well as the viewers. When it was Randy/Paula/Simon ... there was some influence ... but the manipulation wasn't so overt.

Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast