+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Mariah Carey AI 12 Judge

Re: Mariah Carey AI 12 Judge

All I know about Mariah Carey is that I hit the mute button when she starts giving her critique.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

SHE'S UTTERLY BORING! And to make it worse, they make her critique last so by the time Randy does his inane blah blah blah...the people didn't care anymore what she has to say. She also only interacts with the person next to her (Randy) if ever and both she and Nikki never acknowledge each other.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I posted the same thing Shoepie -isn't that annoying Its almost like she is very unsure of what she is going to say!! I FF when it came to her. I found her annoying and boring
    I missed your post or I would have quoted you. Yes, it is VERY annoying. She must feel awkward looking someone straight in the eye for a period of time. When someone avoids eye contact with me I sense they are uncomfortable or maybe lying.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I missed your post or I would have quoted you. Yes, it is VERY annoying. She must feel awkward looking someone straight in the eye for a period of time. When someone avoids eye contact with me I sense they are uncomfortable or maybe lying.
    But others watching(TPTB) must have noticed this, you and I have. Strange
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I'm not sure if I'm remembering this correctly but this conversation made me think of an article I read quite awhile ago. It said that Mariah thinks that her right profile is more attractive or something so she likes to be photographed with her head facing left. I did a google image search and many of her pictures are of her facing slightly to the left.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit View Post
    I'm not sure if I'm remembering this correctly but this conversation made me think of an article I read quite awhile ago. It said that Mariah thinks that her right profile is more attractive or something so she likes to be photographed with her head facing left. I did a google image search and many of her pictures are of her facing slightly to the left.
    How incredibly vain. Or insecure.
    NCLurker and Shoepie like this.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Instead of lying, I suspect that Mariah is trying to not crush the dreams of someone who has a long way to go in the voice dept. Not everyone is going to be as blunt as Simon was, though, I think the show could use it.
    Shoepie and Fanny Mare like this.

Anyone read the rumor that AI is trying to replace Mariah with Jennifer Lopez? It's rather bizarre, IMO. Why would AI think that viewers want her over Mariah? Do they consider Niki a success? I've read much more negative about Nicki than Mariah. IF they do bring Jennifer back, I"M DONE. I will not watch that woman again. I even like Nicki better than Jennifer. lol
    Shoepie likes this.

FORT Fogey

The whole story made no sense. If they got rid of JLo, they already know there had been some backlash about her presence on AI last year...so bring her back???

The least likable judge this year is Niki, so that part was ridiculous. The worst was mention of replacing all the judge including Keith who is super popular and an excellent judge. LIke I said, I thought the whole story was just blather

Ah, but Mariah had the audacity to mention TPTB when she said they chided her for her over-long critiques. Maybe it isn't the public, but the producers who want a change. Though..hopefully...please...p lease...not to JLo.

Besides the season is almost over. They probably won't make any changes until contract negotiations come up.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast