+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Mariah Carey AI 12 Judge

Re: Mariah Carey AI 12 Judge

I think she is dull as dishwater.

I think it takes a lot to impress her, which is why when she is moved by an audition I sit up and take notice.
    Debb70 likes this.
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey

She has an annoying habit of looking up and off to her left as she talks to the contestant. Seems she can only give them eye contact for short bursts of time. I wonder if anyone will call her attention to this. Nigel, her husband, someone please. She must watch herself do it and probably likes it.

I've noticed that too Shoepie. I think I read somewhere that looking left when talking to someone is an indication that the person is lying.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    She has an annoying habit of looking up and off to her left as she talks to the contestant. Seems she can only give them eye contact for short bursts of time. I wonder if anyone will call her attention to this. Nigel, her husband, someone please. She must watch herself do it and probably likes it.
    Her freaking manager is sitting right next to her,perhaps he has some thoughts. Nah, the Dawg has no thoughts.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Her freaking manager is sitting right next to her,perhaps he has some thoughts. Nah, the Dawg has no thoughts.
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I posted the same thing Shoepie -isn't that annoying Its almost like she is very unsure of what she is going to say!! I FF when it came to her. I found her annoying and boring
    Shoepie likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Anyone else watch her facial expressions when Nikki talks? She really gets mad when Nikki gets a laugh or says she loves a singer.

Ha I just thought of this. Mariah has 3 facial expressions: The tearful-I'm so touched by your song. The vacuous look whenever anyone talks. Or the venom shooting out of her eyes when Nikki gets some attention.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality View Post
    Anyone else watch her facial expressions when Nikki talks? She really gets mad when Nikki gets a laugh or says she loves a singer.

Ha I just thought of this. Mariah has 3 facial expressions: The tearful-I'm so touched by your song. The vacuous look whenever anyone talks. Or the venom shooting out of her eyes when Nikki gets some attention.
    Yes. yes and yes! She really doesn't like NM. I can see why. NM is such a colourful soul, Mariah is not
    Monte71 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Mariah is a highly skilled and talented vocalist, who has very high standards, IMO. I have limited formal training in music, though much experience in church, school, college, etc., HOWEVER, even I can hear the extreme challenges many of these contestants face. It would be difficult even for me to sit though it with a straight face and positive word. Granted, she's getting paid, but I can't help but think how she must really being using all of her patience and diplomacy to not appear overly critical.

Although, you don't want people to have their feelings hurt or their dreams dashed, I would really like to know what Mariah REALLY thinks of the vocals. I doubt that will happen though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast