+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Nicki Minaj AI 12 Judge

Re: Nicki Minaj AI 12 Judge

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    They need three judges not 4. They need to cut the shows down, who needs it to be this long. They don't need some teeny bopper to judge even if they can sing. Because once they are there, they have a) little to offer, b) they didn't think it would be this much work, and they all become full of their own importance. We never used to have to see videos and performances, it was all about the contestants, now its all about the frigging Judges.
    Okay, so they never asked me , but that's the reason I quit watching the show, and will others if the judges get stupid.
    It was never about the judges that's why we had Simon Cowell who was really not known in the US all that much until the show. Randy who most people never heard of unless they are fans of Journey. And Paula who hasn't been relevant at the time the show started. Later they included Kara who was a virtual unknown to most people. Then they started putting celebrities with huge egos on the panel and so it became about the judges. Think outside the box producers! Get rid of Nigel and hire someone younger who actually knows something about being current. Make American Idol alumni as judges like Kelly Clarkson, Adam Lambert, Klay Aiken, and Melinda Dolittle.
    Misty8723 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    It was never about the judges that's why we had Simon Cowell who was really not known in the US all that much until the show. Randy who most people never heard of unless they are fans of Journey. And Paula who hasn't been relevant at the time the show started. Later they included Kara who was a virtual unknown to most people. Then they started putting celebrities with huge egos on the panel and so it became about the judges. Think outside the box producers! Get rid of Nigel and hire someone younger who actually knows something about being current. Make American Idol alumni as judges like Kelly Clarkson, Adam Lambert, Klay Aiken, and Melinda Dolittle.
    There is a thread dedicated too the new look and revamping of American Idol. Many of these suggestions and similar have been posted there. People who don't give a hoot about NJ might not see your suggestions here.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    I have never listened to Nicki's music, but she won one of the awards last night. That deserves acknowledgement. Congratulations to Nicki!
    Nicki is a rapper and extremely fast. My young granddaughter loves her and knows all her songs by heart. The problem was every time she sang one of her songs I couldn't understand a word as it was so fast. I asked her to slow down so I could understand what she was saying. She tried and couldn't. Yet, knew each and every word as long as she was saying it super fast. I was not impressed and admit I am not a fan of rap music. I love all music, but need to understand the words to enjoy it. The other thing I was not impressed with was some of the lyrics of some rap songs. Not that familiar with Nicki, but a lot of rappers use bad language which has to be bleeped out. How can you enjoy a song if the words need to be bleeped out by the station when these rappers are performing live? If I remember correctly AI had Nicki on the season before and when she performed she was bleeped out. Other subject matters that were covered in some of these rap songs imo are rather violent and not age appropriate for young kids that love and look up to some of these artists. I am talking about really young kids. I did not watch AI this season because of Nicki being on. It was just my own personal decision and I can't speak to the comments of those that watched and say that she gave good comments.

Nicki did win an award on Billboard which was best rapper of the year or something like that. I guess in her field she is considered very good. I know some people really like rap and I can respect that and congratulate Nicki for the award even if it is not my favorite type of music. I know we all have different taste in music and why there is something for everyone.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789