+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Nicki Minaj AI 12 Judge

Re: Nicki Minaj AI 12 Judge

I think there is something missing with Nicki. Something is just not there. I'm not sure what it is, but she is just so below what you should expect from a thinking person. But, AI knew this when they hired her. What does that say about them?
    ibot2much likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I think there is something missing with Nicki. Something is just not there. I'm not sure what it is, but she is just so below what you should expect from a thinking person. But, AI knew this when they hired her. What does that say about them?
    I think it says a lot about what they think of US ... the audience.
    CupidGuest likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Isn't she a successful artist or whatever it is that she does? What does that say about us as a society.

Hopefully this is my last edit.

FORT Fogey

I have come to love this woman. Okay, black women gather round. I need some education. I use the word black because I live in Florida and my black friends brisle at the term African American. My bestie says, " I am an island girl and no way do I want to trace my roots back to Africa because I think their research is dead wrong." Her language is stronger. Really she can go nuts on this and does.

Okay, my question is weave vs wig. Nicki seems to me that she wears wigs as Mariah does. Mariah is swirlish so could have straigher hair. Educate me on what the frick is going on here. Also Shirkira it is said she wears lace wigs. Beestunglips come hither and speak to this please!

My Jamacian darling woman is of no use. She is gifted wtih the most beautiful hair ever on the planet. It it is long, thick and with some product here and there she can create anything and everything, it stuns the crowd. I love this woman inside and out. Her out is stunning!!!

I actually liked Nicki this year and found her quirkiness somewhat humerous. And sometimes she gave pretty good advice. The problem is that all of the Judges seem to gravitate to trying to sway and manipulate the outcome to their choices. American Idol is advertised as "Who do you want in the final?" more popular choice than "Who do the Judges think will be most commericial." Yes, they have the big stakes in the outcome, but surprisingly, ordinary people when coming together can make out their own minds about what they like, and their instincts are often better than the experts. Idol has a surprisingly large number of successes to show for that, dispite blatant Judges manipulation every season.

Yes, but they try to manipulate every year, it's always blatant, and usually doesn't work. I just think there were too many judges and they talked too much.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

They need three judges not 4. They need to cut the shows down, who needs it to be this long. They don't need some teeny bopper to judge even if they can sing. Because once they are there, they have a) little to offer, b) they didn't think it would be this much work, and they all become full of their own importance. We never used to have to see videos and performances, it was all about the contestants, now its all about the frigging Judges.
    Okay, so they never asked me , but that's the reason I quit watching the show, and will others if the judges get stupid.
    Misty8723 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I have come to love this woman. Okay, black women gather round. I need some education. I use the word black because I live in Florida and my black friends brisle at the term African American. My bestie says, " I am an island girl and no way do I want to trace my roots back to Africa because I think their research is dead wrong." Her language is stronger. Really she can go nuts on this and does.

Okay, my question is weave vs wig. Nicki seems to me that she wears wigs as Mariah does. Mariah is swirlish so could have straigher hair. Educate me on what the frick is going on here.

Thank you for the "black woman moniker" I'll try to answer as best I can. Both Mariah and Nikk,Beyonce ,Rihanna wear weaves aka extensions when worn by my Caucasian sisters. Wigs in my opinion are easily detectable because the always texture seems a little inauthentic when worn by black women because the shaft of our hair is thicker even when chemically straightened. However, many women opt for them because it gives them diversity in hair styles without the hard work i:e Sherry from the View wears wigs 90% of the time .Tina Turner always wore wigs and Oprah alternated between weaves and her real hair which by the way was just as luxurious. Me I prefer "au naturel" but that's a personal thing as I think the variety women of colour demonstrate is very intriguing.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 05-11-2013 at 05:53 PM.

FORT Fogey

Nikki is missing something for sure. I'm not sure exactly what it is either, but what I'm sensing is that she speaks and acts in a way which she thinks demonstrates strength and lack of kiss-assiness. But there is a fine line between these things and the ability to interrelate successfully with others, and Nikki has not yet found the right balance. Hopefully she figures it out from her experience on AI and grows into a truly matured adult.

As to her judging, I think her critiques (and Keith Urban's) have been spot on and hopefully helpful. I did not, however, like it when she showed up late for an episode and when she told the boys to get off the stage after their group numbers. Going back to the point above, I think she is forgetting that peoples' careers are at stake and comments like hers have the capacity to make or break these kids' futures.

FORT Fogey

I have never listened to Nicki's music, but she won one of the awards last night. That deserves acknowledgement. Congratulations to Nicki!
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

+ Reply to Thread