+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Nicki Minaj AI 12 Judge

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Re: Nicki Minaj AI 12 Judge

I'm coming to appreciate Nikki. Yes, she brings perhaps too much color to the panel, but when she does critique, it is with kindness. So far I have agreed with her YES and NO choices.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    I'm coming to appreciate Nikki. Yes, she brings perhaps too much color to the panel, but when she does critique, it is with kindness. So far I have agreed with her YES and NO choices.
    She does. I haven't seen her be mean to anyone. albeit I haven't seen them all

Why does she always give them a nickname, is that to remember them ?
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I'm not willing to give her credit for being nice to people she should be. I am sure she is aware most of them are way more talented than she will ever be. I would be livid if I had to prove my singing to someone who is extremely lacking in her singing skills. No I think I am done until the top 10 and then I will just turn the volume down everytime she opens her mouth on the live shows.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    I'm not willing to give her credit for being nice to people she should be. I am sure she is aware most of them are way more talented than she will ever be. I would be livid if I had to prove my singing to someone who is extremely lacking in her singing skills. No I think I am done until the top 10 and then I will just turn the volume down everytime she opens her mouth on the live shows.

You are obviously referring to, although you probably didn't know it, Simon Cowell.

Simon Cowell is not a singer but he has put plenty of them on the map. Nicki Minaj is nothing more than smoke and mirrors and she knows it. The look on her face when one of the contestants say how much they admire Mariah or Keith is the proof. Nicki is nothing to offer this show other than to help speed its death up.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    I've watched every season of Idol. It is, IMO, still the best signing competition show out there. It worked for many years with Simon, Paula, and Randy. When Paula and Simon left, I was ok with the idea of Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler coming on board because they are true legends in the music world and they brought credibility to the show. The chemistry wasn't quite right for me though, and I was wary about tuning in to see Mariah, Keith, and Nicky as a result.

I have really enjoyed Mariah and Keith. Mariah's career and respect as singer is unparalleled and she gives the show continued credibility. Keith is surprisingly articulate and funny, and he injects a little bit of both country AND rock into the judging panel which is nice.

So far, Nicky is annoying. She talks over everyone and speaks to the contestants as if her word is the be-all/end-all. The others just share their opinions. There is a difference. I get why she is on the show, and she is probably a necessary addition to keep it a bit entertaining, but she has made it the Nicky Manoj show and I find it offensive - and disrespectful to the other judges and to the contestants.

If she tones it down and recognizes the fact that of all the judges, she is the least accomplished - if not the least talented and demonstrates some manners and respect, then it will work for me. If the show continues as it has gone thus far, I don't think I can stomach a whole season.

Sidenote...I know there are Randy haters out there, but I've always liked him. I don't think he is articulate as others, but I've always felt as if he and Paula had the best instincts in identifying talent. The moment he and/or Ryan go is the moment the show should end. For my tastes anyway.

The sooner Nikki Manoj realizes that a) this is NOT the Nikki Manoj show and that b) she isn't remotely as accomplished or talented as Mariah and c) has yet to demonstrate a career with longevity such as Mariah, Keith, and Randy ... the better.

I think she is surprisingly bright and articulate and has made good judging decisions thus far (Keith and Mariah too!), but her over-the-top domineering stye is disrespectful, offensive, and egotistical. She is not doing herself any PR favors.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 01-28-2013 at 12:05 AM.
    ibot2much and MsDiva2007 like this.

Nicki's wig maker was on a show( I didn't see it all) and he had copies of her wigs on the show. He has a room in his house of her wigs, he seemed lovely.I guess he loves her, she treats him well.Maybe who the NM we are seeing is an act
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Nicki Minaj AI 12 Judge

I've realized I'm a Nikki Minaj fan. Going into American Idol knowing she'd be a judge this season I immediately dismissed her even though I know nothing about her music or her as a person. I was basing my dislike of her on hearsay and this silly contrived feud between she and Mariah that the producers conveniently "leaked" to the press months ago. But low and behold I actually like what she brings to the show.

I do appreciate her style of critiquing and feel it is coming from a very genuine place. I also appreciate her colourful personality and silly craziness. Honestly, during those auditions where she wasn't present I found the show to be lacking and was glad when she finally reappeared on the panel for the remainder of the auditions.

I'm looking forward to this season with her. I guess you really can't judge a book by its cover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bee stung lips; 01-31-2013 at 12:33 PM.
    RealVoyeur, Arielflies and Monte71 like this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

To the Point

Those first few shows I did find her nearly unbearable. I do think she has toned it down a bit. She still has her moments, but I do feel that at the core of her "judging" is a genuine care for the contestants.

I think she had a talking to and had to tone it down. She is less annoying now. Somewhat.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

+ Reply to Thread