+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Who Will Be the New Judges in Season 12?

Re: Who Will Be the New Judges in Season 12?

TMZ posted this almost 2 hours ago: 'American Idol' -- Randy Jackson OUT AS A JUDGE | TMZ.com

Randy's out as a judge, but will stay on as a mentor, according to their sources.

Signing Nikki Minaj is "99% done" and apparently part of the reason they are so keen on her is because Mariah doesn't like it and they think there will be drama. *gag* I can't stand NM! Ugh.

Also says Kanye West and Sean Combs, Puff Daddy, P. Diddy, or whatever the heck he's calling himself these days, are not going to be a judge, and AI execs are in fact looking for a country star as a judge.

FORT Fogey

Randy as a mentor will work for me. It is funny that there was such a huge negative talk about all three of the judges last year.....and all three are gone

I get that they want to create drama amongst the judges, so they don't have the same favorites like this this past season, but do they have to chose Nikki Minaj? I don't know if I can handle watching her for a whole season.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grapenuts View Post
    I read an article today that is is almost finalized that Nikki Minaj and Keith Urban will be new judges. It also said there may be a new 4th judge or Randy may remain as a judge. If he doesn't remain a judge he will still play a prominent role on the show. I think I read it on tvguide's facebook page.
    Keith Urban would make it worthwhile to put up with Mariah, but I still don't think I could stomach Nikki Minaj.

Randy as a mentor? If he couldn't give constructive advice/criticism as a judge what use could he be as a mentor?

"Sing it like you're reading a phone book"
    "For me, for you for me that won't work"
    "Dude, that's off the hook"

Besides the fact that he name dropped Mariah as many times as he could, what material does he have now?

Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Randy has been in talks with Mariah & anyone else that is being considered as a judge & he has passed along all the fun things they need to do. For instance they need to get the facts wrong about a song or the previous singer of that song ( especially Country...something I think Nikki will probably excel at). Then they have to be able to say " For me, for you, for me, that was the wrong choice dog." and do so with a straight face ( I just don't see Keith Urban taking that role to seriously). But, the one thing that they do have covered...Mariah can tell all them Diva wannabes to never cover Mariah, when she has sung it, it has already been sung.

FORT Fogey

The lastest story out is that they will be calling Randy a mentor as they don't want him as a judge. He certainly would not have the cred that Jimmy had as a mentor. Supposedly Diddy and West are out as judges....but now with Nigel finally signing his contract, this 3-4 judge panel should be complete soon

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    Keith Urban would make it worthwhile to put up with Mariah, but I still don't think I could stomach Nikki Minaj.

Randy as a mentor? If he couldn't give constructive advice/criticism as a judge what use could he be as a mentor?

"Sing it like you're reading a phone book"
    "For me, for you for me that won't work"
    "Dude, that's off the hook"

Besides the fact that he name dropped Mariah as many times as he could, what material does he have now?

LOL- good post. What about his infamous "you are in it to win it" that line is so dumb!! dawg
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I loved Jimmy - he's the only one with any chops to tell the truth and really help these kids! Please don't tell me Jimmy is out as mentor?
    BuckeyeAddict likes this.

I thought Jimmy gave strange advice. He was GREAT after they sang But he said that the songs were too old for one contestant, and promptly they chose one too old for her the following week. He didn't agree much with the judges, but then neither did anyone watching.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

So the newest rumor is that Enrique Iglesias will be the 4th judge. According to article on tvguide.com, the judges will be Mariah Carey, Keith Urban, Nicki Minaj and Enrique Iglesias.

+ Reply to Thread