+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Who Will Be the New Judges in Season 12?

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Re: Who Will Be the New Judges in Season 12?

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    I could see will.i.am being interested. How many times has he been on the show already as a mentor? I don't have an opinion about whether he'd be good or not.

Jimmy would probably have some good connections. His critiques were a welcome addition last season - hopefully he'd have smart ideas about who would make insightful (and entertaining) judges.

Hey, I heard that The Sing-Off was canceled. But that would mean that Ben Folds would be available. I really liked him as a judge. He takes a little while to warm up to, but he is quirky, smart and honest.
    Everything has an end. Only the sausage has two. - Monroe, from Grimm

I keep seeing articles that Mariah Carey is close to a deal. I can honestly say that if she is one of the next judges I will NOT watch AI. I can't stand her.
    norealityhere and Debb70 like this.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post
    I keep seeing articles that Mariah Carey is close to a deal. I can honestly say that if she is one of the next judges I will NOT watch AI. I can't stand her.
    HLN just reported the deal is done. I'm not sure how I feel about it. She is such a diva, that I wonder if the show will be more about her than the contestants. I'm tired of that with Jennifer.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post
    I cant either.( shudder)
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Seems like it's "official" now. Another hole in the bottom of what was once a great ship. AI is sinking fast.

Mariah Carey joins 'American Idol' | Inside TV | EW.com
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

I really think Mariah is a bad choice for an AI judge. They need to go a new direction to get some ratings, not just get a Jennifer Lopez replacement. And from all reports, J-Lo is a whole lot easier to work with than Mariah, so production is probably not going to be happy with this choice either.

Blech...I am so done with AI. I can't stomach Mariah. Why do they think we need a diva to be a judge?
    Shoepie likes this.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

FORT Fogey

I don't understand this choice at all. I love Mariah, I really do...as a singer. Her interviews are so painful to watch because she doesn't communicate effectively. How is she supposed to provide performance feedback for an entire season? Knowing how to sing, and coaching a singer, are two very different things.
    NFL1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SpringMaiden27 View Post
    I don't understand this choice at all. I love Mariah, I really do...as a singer. Her interviews are so painful to watch because she doesn't communicate effectively. How is she supposed to provide performance feedback for an entire season? Knowing how to sing, and coaching a singer, are two very different things.
    If you don't understand I think you'd need to look no further than the connection between Mariah & Randy Jackson. Look for Randy to step away from judging & move more into mentoring. Just my prediction.

+ Reply to Thread