+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Who Will Be the New Judges in Season 12?

Re: Who Will Be the New Judges in Season 12?

I just saw a clip this morning of some big hissy fit that Nicki Minaj threw over something. I don't know exactly what it was about but it was apparently aimed at Mariah and it was filled with beeps to cover the swear words. So, that made the final decision for me. I'm done with American Idol. A short 1 minute clip of that kind of garbage was enough for me. I couldn't stomach an entire season.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit View Post
    I just saw a clip this morning of some big hissy fit that Nicki Minaj threw over something. I don't know exactly what it was about but it was apparently aimed at Mariah and it was filled with beeps to cover the swear words. So, that made the final decision for me. I'm done with American Idol. A short 1 minute clip of that kind of garbage was enough for me. I couldn't stomach an entire season.
    Unfortunately I think many others will share your opinion. It was a decision that was repeatedly fought against by fans of the show prior to the official announcement, yet the powers in charge didn't listen.
    Debb70 likes this.

FORT Fogey

I saw the clip and the funniest thing was Keith Urban throwing his hands up like to protect himself in case it got physical.. NM was really vile and out of control.....maybe ( like Simon with Brittany), the PTB are hoping we will get some live drama to boost ratings.

I think its all about publicity.

It will be all about the judges if they are not careful. The x factor has settled into a nice rhythm, I am sure this show will as well.
    Shoepie likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Oh well, with one less show to take up my time I'll have more time to read the tons of books I have on my Kindle.
    libgirl2 and Debb70 like this.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    I saw the clip and the funniest thing was Keith Urban throwing his hands up like to protect himself in case it got physical.. NM was really vile and out of control.....maybe ( like Simon with Brittany), the PTB are hoping we will get some live drama to boost ratings.
    Notice, though, they didn't show Mariah's response. Don't know what started it but M is a diva, too. I am sure she is not blameless.

The video cracked me up. Poor Keith. It's like he was trying to make himself as small as possible in case the fur started to fly.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I've been discussing the issue of the verbal attack by Nicki on Mariah. IMO Nicki should just take her place and realize that Mariah should be the queen of the panel due to her body of work and talent. Hasn't she earned it? Nicki needs to wait for her day to be royalty like Mariah. (And hey, I know Mariah is a diva and I don't care for her attitude either, but still......)

The argument is that Nicki is more current and will bring in more viewers. Really? She seems very low class and cheap IMO. If Mariah isn't all that, then why do so many girls perform her songs on competition shows? She sets the standard for vocal excellence, along with Whitney. I like many current artists, but IMO Nicki is not all that and certainly not one to put Mariah in a corner.
    NCLurker and Shoepie like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I've been discussing the issue of the verbal attack by Nicki on Mariah. IMO Nicki should just take her place and realize that Mariah should be the queen of the panel due to her body of work and talent. Hasn't she earned it? Nicki needs to wait for her day to be royalty like Mariah. (And hey, I know Mariah is a diva and I don't care for her attitude either, but still......)

The argument is that Nicki is more current and will bring in more viewers. Really? She seems very low class and cheap IMO. If Mariah isn't all that, then why do so many girls perform her songs on competition shows? She sets the standard for vocal excellence, along with Whitney. I like many current artists, but IMO Nicki is not all that and certainly not one to put Mariah in a corner.
    I totally agree. Nicki is revealing herself to be no better than the low rent contestants on ANTM. She is a nobody and if it were not for her outrageous costumes I doubt she would have as much public recognition.

Apparently she is a number of different personalities when she performs and her costumes reflect them. She is a judge here, not a performer.

Another thing that baffles me is Joan Rivers praising her on Fashion Police and even voted her best dressed when she wore a leopard print from head to toe. We love Nicki she exclaims! Why would Joan love a wrapper? It cannot be her clothes.

But I will add that this makes me anxious to watch and I have been wearing thin on this show for years now and usually skip the auditions.

Joan must be trying to appeal to the younger crowd. I see no other reason for it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I think its all about publicity.

It will be all about the judges if they are not careful. The x factor has settled into a nice rhythm, I am sure this show will as well.
    Personally, I like the judges to play a big part.

+ Reply to Thread