+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2728293031323334353637
Like Tree387Likes

Thread: 5/23 AI 11 FINALE Part 2: Results and Hoopla **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 5/23 AI 11 FINALE Part 2: Results and Hoopla **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by mslady View Post
    According to the judges, didn't she always?
    I refuse to be negative. Decoration Day is an important day for our country and undoubtedly holds a lot of meaning to her family. She did them proud, as they say, and I, for one, enjoyed seeing her outside of the competition.
    Lil Bit likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    Jessica just sang at this year's National Memorial Day Concert in Washington. She was wearing a white lace dress and she sang beautifully.
    I think they sound much better outside of the AI competition. I am glad you enjoyed it!
    Baby's Breath likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I'm glad she got to honor the veterans such as those in her family by using her voice and doing it well. I was negative about her invitation in the beginning, but now it makes more sense. I hope her passion for singing carries her throughout her life in whatever form it takes.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    I refuse to be negative. Decoration Day is an important day for our country and undoubtedly holds a lot of meaning to her family. She did them proud, as they say, and I, for one, enjoyed seeing her outside of the competition.

I am a person who approaches any military personnel I see in uniform to thank them
    personally for their service to our country-not just on memorial day. My comment was not about Memorial Day but about Jessica and how the judges always
    promoted her ad nauseum. I'm aware that many people like to hear Jessica sing. I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    And yet, of all the other contestants from all the other shows, we can really look to only 2 that have had Idol level success...Miranda Lambert & Chris Young, both from the now defunct Nashville Star.

Everyone wants to hold Taylor Hicks as an example, but are there any other contestants that have secured a 3 month gig in Las Vegas? If this is failure, I reckon many would love to have a dose of it.
    No offense to Hicks, but I think most AI contestants are looking for success selling cd's & a sold out concert tour, not a 3 mth Vegas gig with the audience being a bunch of senior citizens.

I know someone who went to a Tayor Hicks concert a year or so ago and they said it was one of the best concerts they have ever been to. Taylor went non stop for almost 2 hours singing and dancing, they said it was very high energy (and this was not in Las Vegas).
    Debb70 likes this.
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

I just finished watching the finale performance show and the results show. I have to admit, Jessica sang beautifully... each and every time. She does have an impressive voice IMO. Phillip is certainly not that great of a singer. Based purely on singing ability, it's a wonder he made it to the top 5. He seems to be a nice kid and the win will certainly help him. Jessica, IMO, didn't need to be "the winner". With her voice, Jessica will have a very impressive career.

Glad the season is over and hopefully next year we'll have a winner who is not another WGWG

Have a great summer everyone!

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by lorac7 View Post
    No offense to Hicks, but I think most AI contestants are looking for success selling cd's & a sold out concert tour, not a 3 mth Vegas gig with the audience being a bunch of senior citizens.
    The clubs in LV do not attract senior citizens

Quote Originally Posted by lorac7 View Post
    I think most of them are looking for fame and fortune, but if they are lucky they will end up with a nice career so they don't have to go back to their day jobs. That is all any of us can hope for - being able to do something you love and making enough money that you don't have to do something else as well to pay the bills.
    ibot2much likes this.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

FORT Fan

Personally, I don't think the producers of AI really care that much if the chosen one is a recording success. Sure, it's would be nice to find another Kelly Clarkson or Carrie Underwood, but at the end of the day, they make a ton of money from the show itself and from the tour that follows. Yes, the overall viewership was down this year, but they still won their timeslot every week including the finale. That translates into advertising dollars, so even if the winner ends up being a dud, I think they are doing okay.

+ Reply to Thread