+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2425262728293031323334353637 LastLast
Like Tree387Likes

Thread: 5/23 AI 11 FINALE Part 2: Results and Hoopla **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 5/23 AI 11 FINALE Part 2: Results and Hoopla **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Exactly Idol is hung up on how many votes they have. What the fail to see is as their vote total goes up their ratings go down. why most of those votes are not legit. They are done by autodialer, people using skype to vote in other timezones,etc. The voting is what is killing this show. All these fangirls cooing over these little guys with guitars and getting a kick out of jacking the vote with texts,emails etc.
    And how about judges that actually are involved in the decision... and I'm not talking these 3. I want new judges that will give constructive criticism and not just ramble on and on or just p--- a contestant ad nauseum.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    And how about judges that actually are involved in the decision... and I'm not talking these 3. I want new judges that will give constructive criticism and not just ramble on and on or just p--- a contestant ad nauseum.
    Nigel does such a god job with SYTYCD. I don't know why he cant change things on this show.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Well, we know Randy has no other gigs, so it ain't going anywhere & Steven in the past few days was asked about JLo leaving & he commented something along the lines of wondering who he would be sitting next to next season, so sounds like he's back for another year as well.

FORT Fogey
    While I love SYTYCD I would not want the AI judges to be in charge of the "going home" decisions after the top 12...BUT would love to have the voting limited a la Dancing with the Stars and a few other shows. This would bring it closer to "normal" legitimate people voting...and not take us hours to try to get through.

ANOTHER thing I wish they'd do...allow the youngsters to audition if they want, to limit the # of the 16-17 year olds...given another year or two they will be SO much more ready to really get to the top and win!

There is alot of anger out there about how predictable the show has come. I think that, and the freefalling ratings will put pressure on them to change. I even saw a website advise to teach Idol a lesson only WGWG should show up for the auditions in protest. lol. Imagine the faces of the judges.lol
    JohnnyK likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    I'm surely not saying that only teenagers liked P2. There are several people on here who like him, and that's fine. I've voted for the WGWG in the past - Cookie, for one (although the ironic thing is the teenagers liked Archie that year). But I think the teenagers have gotten too much control of the vote now. It's almost like VFTW, except now it's VFTWGWG - and they're a lot more powerful than VFTW ever dreamed to be.
    Has anyone ever analyzed which demographic is watching this show and voting? I'm just curious. Every year I see complaints that it's the tweens, the young people, etc. who are skewing the vote. But then I hear that the average age watching the show is 45. I also thought I read somewhere that the teens were voting for Jessica.

What they could do is limit the number of votes. It can be done because other shows have done it (Nashville Star, Dancing with the Stars). Limit how you can vote, telephone only, no texting, no facebook, etc.

But then we say things like this every season and they don't listen to us, do they
    Debb70 likes this.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

I'm far from being a teenage girl and I threw some votes toward Phillip after the finale. Not sure how many times I voted. I just sat here watching TV and submitting votes for a little while. Maybe 20 or 30?

I don't care what ANY contestant looks like. If I don't think they're talented, I won't vote for them. I do think Phillip's cute as a button, but that wasn't why I voted for him. I think Jessica is adorable too, but I don't like her singing. As someone said above, she's derivative and doesn't have her own sound. Maybe when she matures a bit, she'll develop her own sound. For now, she's not ready.

I'm impressed by originality and talent on this show, not by the person with the most vocal range. I voted for Adam and Crystal because I thought they were originals. The BIG stars don't sound like anyone else.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I'm far from being a teenage girl and I threw some votes toward Phillip after the finale. Not sure how many times I voted. I just sat here watching TV and submitting votes for a little while. Maybe 20 or 30?

I don't care what ANY contestant looks like. If I don't think they're talented, I won't vote for them. I do think Phillip's cute as a button, but that wasn't why I voted for him. I think Jessica is adorable too, but I don't like her singing. As someone said above, she's derivative and doesn't have her own sound. Maybe when she matures a bit, she'll develop her own sound. For now, she's not ready.

I'm impressed by originality and talent on this show, not by the person with the most vocal range. I voted for Adam and Crystal because I thought they were originals. The BIG stars don't sound like anyone else.
    I am not a a teenager far from it and like you I vote for someone original... not because of how they look. Though I will admit David Cook is easy to look at....
    Jezebella and ilja like this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

It really doesn't matter what they do. People will complain whenever their favorite does not win. It's human nature. And some people just complain period.

We all think we know best. It's easy to try and find another reason besides the obvious of why our favorite did not win. They simply did not get the most votes.

What happens if they make all the suggested changes and the WGWG still wins? Should they make a rule stating white guys need not apply?
    Lil Bit and mesachick like this.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

I just had an ironic thought. With the exception of Cookie, when I wanted the WGWG to win, he didn't. That was on X-Factor - I was voting for Josh.
    Everything has an end. Only the sausage has two. - Monroe, from Grimm

+ Reply to Thread