+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast
Like Tree387Likes

Thread: 5/23 AI 11 FINALE Part 2: Results and Hoopla **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 5/23 AI 11 FINALE Part 2: Results and Hoopla **West Coast Spoilers**

Maybe the day change had something to do with the ratings decline for the finale. Otherwise, the show is either 1 or 2 in ratings all season...so Fox isn't going to cancel it. If you don't like it, speak with your remote and don't watch
    Lil Bit, BuckeyeAddict and ilja like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Yes, and my question as to why they keep on winning if it isn't a WGWG bias hasn't been answered.
    Because a lot of people actually like the type of music the WGWG plays. John Mayers success wasn't a fluke. People LIKE the music. And it doesn't help when the judges heap tons of praise on a little girl with a great voice but no originality. One whom America voted off in the first place. It turns the voters off.

I still don't understand why they ripped Pia over and over for singing ballads but never said a word to Jessica. She did one upbeat song (by Gloria Estefan) early in the season and it was her worst performance. It was dreadful. After that, they pretty much left her alone.
    Critical, mesachick, ilja and 1 others like this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    I didn't watch that mess with Rhianna, but she is 24 and Jessica is 16.

Jessica reminds me of a copy cat singer. When she sing Whitney, she sings like Whitney. When she sings Michael Jackson, she sings like Michael Jackson. She needs a little bit of time to come into her own, in my opinion.

I had noticed that when she sang with Jennifer H....she adopted Jennifer's style. She is a derivative singer....not original
    BerryCrazy, mesachick and Debb70 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Not surprised at all. Its the same thing rinse,wash repeat. There was so much better stuff on the night of the performance show. No suspense whatsoever. I mean why watch people perform knowing it means nothing because its already been determined by a bunch of teens with too much time on their hands to text and dial all evening, some worsters and cheaters with skype,and auto dialers. Nah. I watched for the Celebrities last night. We have had the same result for the last 5 years same guy different guitar.
    No, I wasn't surprised either. I didn't watch it as much as most people did in this thread. If I don't like a show, I don't watch the show. That's why I muted the judges most of the time.I think it appeals to the young( and the young at heart). AI gave me Adam Lambert Kelly Clarkson, Daughtry and a few others I really like. I think P2 may have a good career, its a starting point for him, and that's always a bonus.

I saw part of Duets last night, and I liked what I saw. So there is something for everyone.
    ilja likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I agree with those upthread who suggests the show needs revamping...big time. IMO they need to limit the votes, though their big numbers on votes would be destroyed if they did that. But, there should be away that a caller can get through at least one vote when calling constantly for 4 hours. If not, there is a problem. That should be addressed. It's insulting to viewers to encourage them to vote when they cannot get through.

Then there are the judges that should be replaced. The rules and set up need to be changed to refresh the show. I'm sure a little time and creative thinking could help on those issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I agree with those upthread who suggests the show needs revamping...big time. IMO they need to limit the votes, though their big numbers on votes would be destroyed if they did that. But, there should be away that a caller can get through at least one vote when calling constantly for 4 hours. If not, there is a problem. That should be addressed. It's insulting to viewers to encourage them to vote when they cannot get through.

Then there are the judges that should be replaced. The rules and set up need to be changed to refresh the show. I'm sure a little time and creative thinking could help on those issues.
    It has gotten rather stale.... after so many seasons of "after the break..." it gets kind of blah. I think that's why I didn't watch it this season. I'm tired of the judges and the format. Time to change it up a bit.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    I am so happy the ratings tanked. I hope it causes them to make some changes. I am personally tired of the same tired winner every year. A entire overhaul needs to be made to the whole show from voting,judges,format. If not it is going to continue to lose quality contestants,viewers to shows that have more diversity in contestants and you don't have the feeling its been rigged since day one.

As it stands right now If you are toting a guitar you may as well find another show to audition for. I mean really what is the point?
    'American Idol' finale posts all-time low ratings, preliminary figures show | Fox News
    I really think it's the voting that needs to be overhauled. Who cares if they got the highest number of votes on finale night? It's viewership that's important. And I think a lot of people (like me) are tired of having their favorites eliminated in favor of the WGWG, who is getting tons of text votes from the young girls who have lots of time and energy to vote all night. I had 3 favorites, and Joshua was the last of them. I had no desire to watch Tuesday, and I didn't. Can't resist the finale results night, though.

I don't see the show being canceled anytime soon. The finale may have been the least watched of all the AI finales, and I don't know how it stacked up to other shows this week, but every other AI show this season has been among the top 5 watched each week. FOX would be complete idiots to cancel it. But they should take note of the decline in viewers.
    Everything has an end. Only the sausage has two. - Monroe, from Grimm

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    I really think it's the voting that needs to be overhauled. Who cares if they got the highest number of votes on finale night? It's viewership that's important. And I think a lot of people (like me) are tired of having their favorites eliminated in favor of the WGWG, who is getting tons of text votes from the young girls who have lots of time and energy to vote all night. I had 3 favorites, and Joshua was the last of them. I had no desire to watch Tuesday, and I didn't. Can't resist the finale results night, though.

I don't see the show being canceled anytime soon. The finale may have been the least watched of all the AI finales, and I don't know how it stacked up to other shows this week, but every other AI show this season has been among the top 5 watched each week. FOX would be complete idiots to cancel it. But they should take note of the decline in viewers.
    Exactly Idol is hung up on how many votes they have. What the fail to see is as their vote total goes up their ratings go down. why most of those votes are not legit. They are done by autodialer, people using skype to vote in other timezones,etc. The voting is what is killing this show. All these fangirls cooing over these little guys with guitars and getting a kick out of jacking the vote with texts,emails etc.
    BuckeyeAddict likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Well the judges could always do more than show favoritism to anyone besides the WGWG by making sure none of them made it to the final 12. Or they could make their votes only count for 1 fifth of a real vote. Or they could ban teenage girls from voting. cute happy shrug.gif

Oh wait. I'm not a teenage girl and I would have voted for Phillip so that might not work. Hmmmm, I got it. They could simply give out fake phone #s for any WGWG.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    Well the judges could always do more than show favoritism to anyone besides the WGWG by making sure none of them made it to the final 12. Or they could make their votes only count for 1 fifth of a real vote. Or they could ban teenage girls from voting. Attachment 28397

Oh wait. I'm not a teenage girl and I would have voted for Phillip so that might not work. Hmmmm, I got it. They could simply give out fake phone #s for any WGWG.
    I'm surely not saying that only teenagers liked P2. There are several people on here who like him, and that's fine. I've voted for the WGWG in the past - Cookie, for one (although the ironic thing is the teenagers liked Archie that year). But I think the teenagers have gotten too much control of the vote now. It's almost like VFTW, except now it's VFTWGWG - and they're a lot more powerful than VFTW ever dreamed to be.
    MsDiva2007 likes this.
    Everything has an end. Only the sausage has two. - Monroe, from Grimm

+ Reply to Thread