+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 22232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast
Like Tree387Likes

Thread: 5/23 AI 11 FINALE Part 2: Results and Hoopla **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 5/23 AI 11 FINALE Part 2: Results and Hoopla **West Coast Spoilers**

I am so happy the ratings tanked. I hope it causes them to make some changes. I am personally tired of the same tired winner every year. A entire overhaul needs to be made to the whole show from voting,judges,format. If not it is going to continue to lose quality contestants,viewers to shows that have more diversity in contestants and you don't have the feeling its been rigged since day one.

As it stands right now If you are toting a guitar you may as well find another show to audition for. I mean really what is the point?
    'American Idol' finale posts all-time low ratings, preliminary figures show | Fox News
    Last edited by MsDiva2007; 05-24-2012 at 10:41 PM.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    I am so happy the ratings tanked. I hope it causes them to make some changes. I am personally tired of the same tired winner every year. A entire overhaul needs to be made to the whole show from voting,judges,format...
    Actually, I think it's time to cancel.
    This show, and the rest of the so-called reality genre, is tired.
    Shark vittles.
    Uncle David likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Actually, I think it's time to cancel.
    This show, and the rest of the so-called reality genre, is tired.
    Shark vittles.
    I agree I think Idol has worn out its welcome. Its predictable.
    Debb70 and JohnnyK like this.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I just don't get the desire for a show to be cancelled when you don't like it. I simply don't watch when I don't like a show.

Okay, there have been one or two that I wanted cancelled but that was only because they were nothing but bashing folks like myself shows but other than that, I don't get it. I've kind of gotten over the whole, let's boycott the advertiser thing and figure if someone else is enjoying something, it's none of my business if I don't as long as it's not harming anyone.
    mesachick likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    I just don't get the desire for a show to be cancelled when you don't like it. I simply don't watch when I don't like a show.

Okay, there have been one or two that I wanted cancelled but that was only because they were nothing but bashing folks like myself shows but other than that, I don't get it. I've kind of gotten over the whole, let's boycott the advertiser thing and figure if someone else is enjoying something, it's none of my business if I don't as long as it's not harming anyone.
    I continue to watch Idol because each year I am promised the show is going to change. I am still waiting for it. I like the concept the execution of it though leaves alot to be desired. Its funny that other shows have found a way to keep control of the voting process. there should be no more than 5 votes per phone line and fraud needs to be addressed and the votes not counted. I hope they continue to lose viewers to other show who manage to do it better.
    Debb70 and JohnnyK like this.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    I continue to watch Idol because each year I am promised the show is going to change. I am still waiting for it. I like the concept the execution of it though leaves alot to be desired. Its funny that other shows have found a way to keep control of the voting process. there should be no more than 5 votes per phone line and fraud needs to be addressed and the votes not counted. I hope they continue to lose viewers to other show who manage to do it better.
    Okay, you make a good point on the voting messes.

I guess I just don't want the ratings to go down too low because I've only started really getting into this show recently. I expect there to be a certain amount of lower ratings for any show that has been on as long as AI. I personally don't want it to end as I'm enjoying it so much . . . usually. Okay, okay, it would not kill me but still I want it available for now.

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    Okay, you make a good point on the voting messes.

I guess I just don't want the ratings to go down too low because I've only started really getting into this show recently. I expect there to be a certain amount of lower ratings for any show that has been on as long as AI. I personally don't want it to end as I'm enjoying it so much . . . usually. Okay, okay, it would not kill me but still I want it available for now.
    They said on ET tonight it was the lowest watched finale of AI
    Debb70 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    They said on ET tonight it was the lowest watched finale of AI
    Not surprised at all. Its the same thing rinse,wash repeat. There was so much better stuff on the night of the performance show. No suspense whatsoever. I mean why watch people perform knowing it means nothing because its already been determined by a bunch of teens with too much time on their hands to text and dial all evening, some worsters and cheaters with skype,and auto dialers. Nah. I watched for the Celebrities lastnight. We have had the same result for the last 5 years same guy different guitar.
    JohnnyK likes this.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Yes, and my question as to why they keep on winning if it isn't a WGWG bias hasn't been answered.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Yes, and my question as to why they keep on winning if it isn't a WGWG bias hasn't been answered.
    Because there was no guy on the grassy knoll. In other words, most of the time, the answer really is the simplest answer. The reason the last few winners have been who they have is because they are the performers who got the most votes.

+ Reply to Thread