+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2122232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast
Like Tree387Likes

Thread: 5/23 AI 11 FINALE Part 2: Results and Hoopla **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 5/23 AI 11 FINALE Part 2: Results and Hoopla **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post

The highlight for me and the best performance of the night was Hollie and Jordan Sparks! OMG. They sounded great together. I hope someone will give the girl a chance.

Sorry to the Joshua fans, but I totally did not enjoy him last night. His screeching is way out of control. It sounded like he had a cold or some static in his voice. The focus on him, when he was not a finalist was rude and insulting to the other contestants IMO.

The judges didn't even try to hide their disappointment that Jessica lost. Did you see Jennifer put her hands in a point over her lips as if she is trying to hold back from saying something or hide her expression? I looked back twice to make sure that's what she was doing. Even when they went over to hug Phillip, they didn't act happy. In fact Phillip was not even smiling at them. Total disrespect in their body language IMO.

I love the unpretentious nature of Phillip. So refreshing to see. I pray for his health and continued groweth in his music.
    Loved Hollie and Jordin too! Those two should work together in the future. I didn't mind the Joshua time because I thought he was performing in the place of Phillip because he was so sick. Thanks for your comment on the judges reactions. I couldn't figure out why the seemed off, and you nailed it...they weren't happy with the result.

Wishing Phillip the best in his health!

FORT Fogey

I read this on another board in regards to Idol.

Being a great singer is overrated.... being a musician is a lost art.
    I'm all for Phillip winning despite the fact his voice wasn't as strong as that of others....although, it is a fine line. For Idol, I think performance counts for a ton, too. Joshua had all three, Phillip two (voice and muscianship...is that a word?!), and Jessica one (voice)

The moment:

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Hollie showed us she could really sing.I dont know if she( or many of them) have a BIG career ahead of them .That all remains to be seen. I really loved Skylar and Reba, those two were so comfortable with each other. Skylar shone.
    I thought Hollie showed she could sing all during the series. I never understood the criticism of her. She was much more entertaining (in my opinion) than Jessica.
    Debb70 likes this.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    I thought Hollie showed she could sing all during the series. I never understood the criticism of her. She was much more entertaining (in my opinion) than Jessica.
    I really liked Hollie too and voted for her but obviously it wasn't enough.
    Debb70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Ok so Jessica got called out so much for not singing youthful music. So I take it this mess Rhianna is lip syncing is youthful and musical?
    I didn't watch that mess with Rhianna, but she is 24 and Jessica is 16.

Jessica reminds me of a copy cat singer. When she sing Whitney, she sings like Whitney. When she sings Michael Jackson, she sings like Michael Jackson. She needs a little bit of time to come into her own, in my opinion.
    BuckeyeAddict and Debb70 like this.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

FORT Fanatic

I agree with your opinion.

I never did either. I think she was confused by the end of it all.Last night she just let go
    Debb70 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Yup I am sure. I did manage to find one little tidbit about the line up for last night's star performances... its a youtube link, not sure I can post it? But anyway it states... Jennifer Lopez - "Going In" and "Follow The Leader" ft. Lil Jon and more, for her song. I am sure there will be more posted about it later in the day.
    Ok, I'm wrong. God, it hurts to say that!

I guess because it was Jennifer performing, I wasn't paying that much attention.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    Ok, I'm wrong. God, it hurts to say that!

I guess because it was Jennifer performing, I wasn't paying that much attention.
    Lol I love little Jon so I could tell his voice anywhere.lol
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread