+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast
Like Tree387Likes

Thread: 5/23 AI 11 FINALE Part 2: Results and Hoopla **West Coast Spoilers**

To the Point

Re: 5/23 AI 11 FINALE Part 2: Results and Hoopla **West Coast Spoilers**

Well, glad that it was a call in rather than an appearance. In years past they have immediately flown to the east coast and made the rounds. I hope this is an indication that they will be taking care of the health issues immediately. Poor guy, I can't even fathom how bad he must be feeling by now.

I had to DVR and watch the show later ... but it was great to be able to FF through JLo, Fantasia, Rhianna as well as comercials and some other stuff. For me it was about a half-hour show!

OK ... is it just me or did it seem like the show had no real ... I don't know ... spunk I guess is a serviceable enough word for it.

The judges looked pretty grim and Ryan seemed off too. When he announced the winner there was no real drama ... he just said "Phillip Phillips" kind of matter-of-factually. The judges didn't even act excited or pleased. Runner-up Jessica just wandered off the stage ... and when Phillip left the stage and went to his family ... the judges, especially Randy looked like they didn't know what was going on or what to do. Nobody acted happy.

Did anyone notice that Phillip got some of that paper confetti in his mouth?

That was one of the most touching, moving and genuine reactions I have seen. Phillip being Phillip just doing histhing and the heck with the cameras and what others think he's supposed to do. Phillip, his family and his town are just a sweet bunch of Georgia peaches.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Yup I am sure. I did manage to find one little tidbit about the line up for last night's star performances... its a youtube link, not sure I can post it? But anyway it states... Jennifer Lopez - "Going In" and "Follow The Leader" ft. Lil Jon and more, for her song. I am sure there will be more posted about it later in the day.
    Thank you as I thought it was Lil Jon last night. Have to admit that I became more familiar with him when he was on CA. It looked like him to me, but I was not confident enough to say it was for sure.

I just want to add my congratulations to P2 and I don't know how he was able to perform each and every week with the pain he had to be experiencing. He may have not been my favorite from the start, but I grew to like him and was happy that he won.

The night was different for me than the usual final show. Some of the performers were nice to see, but IMO I had seen plenty of Jlo already and did not need to see her twice again. I would have preferred to see her perform with the final 12 - same with Steven. Rihanna has never been a favorite of mine. I just think AI has become to much about the judges and less about the contestants. I don't expect everyone to agree, but that is the way I see it.

The ending with P2 with tears running down his face and going to his family was the best part for me.
    ilja and Debb70 like this.

I'm thrilled at Phillip's win. I enjoyed portions of the show. I saw a few moments of Jennifer, then switced over until she was gone. I'm sure she's an okay singer and dancer, but nearly as good as she thinks she is.

I watched some of Steven. i used to like him, but have trouble getting past his conduct this year to care to hear him anymore.

The highlight for me and the best performance of the night was Hollie and Jordan Sparks! OMG. They sounded great together. I hope someone will give the girl a chance.

Sorry to the Joshua fans, but I totally did not enjoy him last night. His screeching is way out of control. It sounded like he had a cold or some static in his voice. The focus on him, when he was not a finalist was rude and insulting to the other contestants IMO.

The judges didn't even try to hide their disappointment that Jessica lost. Did you see Jennifer put her hands in a point over her lips as if she is trying to hold back from saying something or hide her expression? I looked back twice to make sure that's what she was doing. Even when they went over to hug Phillip, they didn't act happy. In fact Phillip was not even smiling at them. Total disrespect in their body language IMO.

I love the unpretentious nature of Phillip. So refreshing to see. I pray for his health and continued groweth in his music.
    Lil Bit and Jaceegirl like this.

The highlight for me and the best performance of the night was Hollie and Jordan Sparks! OMG. They sounded great together. I hope someone will give the girl a chance

She was super! she lost her way through this process, but she came back and sang like the Hollie I knew.!

I also wish P2 all the very very best of health.
    ilja and Jaceegirl like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    Glad to see Reba.....and she looked wonderful for her age.
    For her age?? She's only 57.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    A girl won X-Factor. Melanie Amaro.
    Oh right. The set up. How's she doing these days?

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Well *that's* no shock. America goes with the boring Wonder-Bread guy. Again. Ho. Hum.
    I did not find Phillip boring, but I did find Jessica extremely boring. It's all a matter of taste. People might think the same guy is winning every year, but every one of them is different. Whether any of them ever become a superstar - who cares? Hopefully Phillip will be able to leave the pawn shop behind and make his living making music on whatever level that might end up being.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Lol I was just watching the opening with the dancers. I asked Mr.Diva what does dancing have to do with AI. Lol He said they are more intune that Phillip and they don't have to open their mouths to sing.
    I suspect the dancers were a lead in for So You Think You Can Dance.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 05-24-2012 at 10:58 PM.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    I suspect the dancers were a lead in for So You Think You Can Dance.
    OMG. Did you see Joshua fall down in the opening number? That floor must have been slick as glass, cause he could not get up. My heart went out to him. He seemed to recover though.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    OMG. Did you see Joshua fall down in the opening number? That floor must have been slick as glass, cause he could not get up. My heart went out to him. He seemed to recover though.
    Couldn't have been to slick, all those other dancers handled it pretty well doing much more intense stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post

She was super! she lost her way through this process, but she came back and sang like the Hollie I knew.!

I also wish P2 all the very very best of health.
    How could I forget to mention Hollie - she was wonderful and sure showed a lot of emotion with her beautiful voice to me. I think the judges may have mixed her up with some of their comments. Without them to criticize her she did it her way. I loved Skylar with Reba as well. Skylar looked like she could be Reba's daughter.

I agree with Misty that I did not find P2 boring at all. It takes talent to be able to change things up each and every week to make it his own. He had his own style and did it his way which for me made him enjoyable. Especially in the amount of pain that guy had to deal with.

We all have different tastes in music and that is why we may have been cheering for different contestants. In the end they all have incredible talent and have gained a lot of exposure. I am sure they will all be fine and if not, I don't think they would have changed this experience for the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    How could I forget to mention Hollie - she was wonderful and sure showed a lot of emotion with her beautiful voice to me. I think the judges may have mixed her up with some of their comments. Without them to criticize her she did it her way. I loved Skylar with Reba as well. Skylar looked like she could be Reba's daughter.

I agree with Misty that I did not find P2 boring at all. It takes talent to be able to change things up each and every week to make it his own. He had his own style and did it his way which for me made him enjoyable. Especially in the amount of pain that guy had to deal with.

We all have different tastes in music and that is why we may have been cheering for different contestants. In the end they all have incredible talent and have gained a lot of exposure. I am sure they will all be fine and if not, I don't think they would have changed this experience for the world.
    Hollie showed us she could really sing.I dont know if she( or many of them) have a BIG career ahead of them .That all remains to be seen. I really loved Skylar and Reba, those two were so comfortable with each other. Skylar shone.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread