+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1819202122232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast
Like Tree387Likes

Thread: 5/23 AI 11 FINALE Part 2: Results and Hoopla **West Coast Spoilers**

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Re: 5/23 AI 11 FINALE Part 2: Results and Hoopla **West Coast Spoilers**

I hate to admit that I found much more to smile and laugh about during last year's finale. This year, the only cute bit was the "singing the phone book." Last year had more personalities and a wide range of genres. This year was either divas or ancient pop idols. Last year had Casey and Paul and Haley, this year had Joshua as the only one showing an ounce of showmanship.

I find it funny that Scotty was mentioned in the TV listing along with Rihanna, but he was there as a presenter, not a performer. He presented the phone book to Randy and the trophy to Phillip. Lauren was also in the audience, shown in a quick shot.

Again I apologize, but did they lack star power music filler that they had to include a five minute marriage proposal between two almost forgotten Idol contestants? Hey, I'm a sucker for romance, but that was just lame - awkward all around.

While I'm happy with Phillip's win (my brother isn't - we argued on the phone today) I really hope they find at least a few entertainers next year and not concentrate on voices like they did this year.
    NFL1 likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

I just read on USA Today that it was Jessica who chose that rubbish that was her coronation song. She said she picked it because it was the type song that idol contestants sing. Apparently they played her 5 or so songs and she chose that one. It shows me she's not ready for this business. She does not know who she is and what she needs to do musically. Phil does. If you'd played him that rubbish, he'd have gotten up and left the room.
    LuckyMom and JavaJo like this.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yourefired View Post
    I just read on USA Today that it was Jessica who chose that rubbish that was her coronation song. She said she picked it because it was the type song that idol contestants sing. Apparently they played her 5 or so songs and she chose that one. It shows me she's not ready for this business. She does not know who she is and what she needs to do musically. Phil does. If you'd played him that rubbish, he'd have gotten up and left the room.
    Wow...my post up thread was all wrong from the song being chosen for Jessica to Phillip writing his. **sigh** I guess I should just stick with my opinions expressed in my next post and forget about treading near the facts.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    Yesssss!!!!!!!

I wonder why the judges never made Jessica sing upbeat songs like they harped at Pia?
    Jessica did sing a couple of upbeat songs but unlike Pia, she didn't get the lowest votes on an upbeat song but on an obscure ballad.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    How many of the last five runner-ups were better than those that ended up winning? Adam I can say is a definite.
    The only legit WGWG winner is David Cook
    Jezebella likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Wow, Jessica (and everyone else!) got schooled by Jennifer Holliday! I'd forgotten that Jennifer had lost so much weight after being on Broadway. She looks terrific.
    She looks terrific? I can't help but laugh when she was singing. With the faces she was making, she looked like a ventriloquist's dummy from a horror picture show. Poor Jessica, she probably tried her best controlling herself from laughing.
    NFL1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    She looks terrific? I can't help but laugh when she was singing. With the faces she was making, she looked like a ventriloquist's dummy from a horror picture show. Poor Jessica, she probably tried her best controlling herself from laughing.
    Yes. She does. As someone who remembers Jennifer from her days on Broadway over 30 years ago when she was in Dreamgirls and significantly heavier than she is now, I think she looks terrific. For many singers - on Broadway and not - Jennifer Holliday is an icon.
    Lil Bit, bee stung lips and Debb70 like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    The only legit WGWG winner is David Cook
    Yes. That season the young girls were swooning over Archie, weren't they? Ever since then, this isn't even a singing competition anymore. If this isn't a a southern young WGWG bias then what is this. Disgusting and no wonder I don't ever want to watch.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Wow, Jessica (and everyone else!) got schooled by Jennifer Holliday! I'd forgotten that Jennifer had lost so much weight after being on Broadway. She looks terrific.
    And it should be. She is an icon and 3x older. To sing with Jennifer Halliday had to be quite an experience for Jessica. Despite the facial antics, the duet was the highlight of the night for me.
    MsDiva2007 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    Fantasia remains one of my all time fav's. I know I'm in the minority

Joshua is right up there - and for the same reasons. Beyond perfect performers AND unique and strong performers. Kelly C. is next.
    I think that you could now fill the Grand Canyon with folks that just don't like Fantasia. What an awful thing that was last night. She ruined it for Joshua. I reckon eveen he might be rethinking his "fave" list.

+ Reply to Thread