+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
Like Tree387Likes

Thread: 5/23 AI 11 FINALE Part 2: Results and Hoopla **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 5/23 AI 11 FINALE Part 2: Results and Hoopla **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Well *that's* no shock. America goes with the boring Wonder-Bread guy. Again. Ho. Hum.
    I don't think he's Wonder Bread at all. We've had several recent winners who fit into that category though. Not PP. I think, actually, that Jessica is in that mold of bland singers. Yes, she can hit the notes, but so what?I don't feel anything when I hear her sing. She's just too young right now. She still needs time to cook. Maybe when she's 20 or so, she'll be ready.

PP won just like Crystal should have.

IMO, big stars aren't the ones who sound like everyone else. If I close my eyes, I know it's Phillip singing. For me, Jessica sounds like any number of young singers. She can hit the notes, but I just don't find that interesting. There has to be more than that.

I'm just now watching and I got choked up watching PP play with John Fogerty. Sort of like when Bo sang with Skynard. I can't imagine how exciting that must be. And talk about a singer who doesn't have a traditionally great voice - Fogerty's done pretty well for himself

Oh, and I could have gone the rest of my life without seeing Fantasia again. UGH. Never liked her voice. So screechy.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I think someone needs to wash my eyes out with soap! What in the heck was Fantasia wearing??
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

Yeah, I could have gone my entire life without seeing that outfit too! YIKES
    bee stung lips likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Honestly, listening to Jessica sing tonight, if she's not playing with the notes and is just singing straight out, she really doesn't sound very good. That's likely one reason she can't sing anything but ballads.
    Jexter, Uncle David and BerryCrazy like this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by taracran View Post
    I think someone needs to wash my eyes out with soap! What in the heck was Fantasia wearing??
    that would be a Cat suit. Chaka had one on also. lol just because they make it in your size.....
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

For the record, my first acknowledgement of this obvious win dates back to March 16. I don't even know how many people were left in the competition back then.

AGT in 4/6 seasons has had solo male singer winners as well. But at least they were somewhat different from eachother.

Ok so Jessica got called out so much for not singing youthful music. So I take it this mess Rhianna is lip syncing is youthful and musical?
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I dont watch AI throught out the season but I always watch the finale just to follow the posts on here! Best part of the show, lol
    SpringMaiden27 and MsDiva2007 like this.
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

Love Skylar and Reba!
    NFL1, ilja and Jaceegirl like this.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

The wardrobe consultant for the women needs to be taken out back and shot. Not every woman (and, frankly, less than one woman in a thousand) can wear spandex leggings or, God forbid, a spandex bodysuit. I'm all for feeling good about your body, but good grief. At least wear something that's flattering.

+ Reply to Thread