+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: 5/22 AI 11 Finale Part 1: Performance **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 5/22 AI 11 Finale Part 1: Performance **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Wow this finale must have been a winner. I mean only 43 post for a Idol finale. Wow
    Boringest final performance show EVER. (The Glee finale afterward woke me back up.). And I did not vote, when I had been all season. No more Skylar and Joshua -- just think how exciting that finale would have been!
    NFL1, xmaskat and MsDiva2007 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherLady View Post
    The stooges (oops, I mean judges) made a huge deal out of Phillip's boring coronation song, standing O and all, and inexplicably there was a marching band in the middle of it. Now Jessica's fans will be mobilized to vote like crazy, so I predict a win for her.
    I really liked Philip's last song. That is the kind of music I would buy. And I thought the marching band was kind of cool.

I actually voted for the first time this season - for Phillip. At least I enjoy him.
    mesachick and Debb70 like this.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

I didn't vote, and sadly, I don't care who wins. The show has become so contrived and biased, really.
    NFL1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    I really liked Philip's last song. That is the kind of music I would buy. And I thought the marching band was kind of cool.

I actually voted for the first time this season - for Phillip. At least I enjoy him.
    I'll give Phillip's song another listen without the distraction of the marching band. I admit it suited Phillip's style and voice very well - better than most "coronation" songs.

FORT Fogey

I thought the whole show was very mechanical....even Ryan seemed robotic. I had two baseball games on that I was switching to. I was kind of concerned about the integrity of the voting last week when Ryan commented on unbelievable 90,000,000 votes. That sort of led me to wonder if there are a tremendous number of votes coming in somehow from out of the country. If that is technologically possible, then I figure Jessica is the winner...just like she has stayed out of the bottom vote getters since she should have been sent home

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    LOL on JLo saying that Phillip sounded like nobody else in the last song when Randy just said that he sounded like Mumford & Sons. Then later Steven says that it reminded him of Paul Simon.
    I thought the exact same thing. He sounded very much like Mumford and Sons.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I agree that last night was quite boring, but I have always felt that way about Jessica. At least Phillip is entertaining and makes me laugh. I thought he set himself ahead of her last night.

My biggest negative impressions this season have been to the judges. I give them a D- . Please get new ones for next season, expecially clueless Jennifer.
    Jaceegirl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    I thought the whole show was very mechanical....even Ryan seemed robotic. I had two baseball games on that I was switching to. I was kind of concerned about the integrity of the voting last week when Ryan commented on unbelievable 90,000,000 votes. That sort of led me to wonder if there are a tremendous number of votes coming in somehow from out of the country. If that is technologically possible, then I figure Jessica is the winner...just like she has stayed out of the bottom vote getters since she should have been sent home
    People in other country's are skirting the rules by voting on skype. The Phillipines have been showing people how to change their skype setting to vote for Jessica. Its also going on here with people changing skype settings to vote in other time zones. Idol does nothing about this either.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I voted on my cell 6 0r 7 times for Phillip, but only got One (1) acknowledgement/confirmation. Is that common?

I don't know because if I vote, I usually do it via land line. I figured Phillip was worth the text,

I thought the show was boring except for Phillip's last song.
    Did they say or did they indicate that the finalists chose their own final song? It sounded like Jessica did but I didn't quite catch it and will not go back and watch it again.

The judges made me want to with their cautiously non-committal comments trying to make it add up to a tie.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I did not get to watch until DWTS and Glee were over. Just my opinion, but Jessica still did not impress me. I have always felt she has a beautiful voice for ballads, but is a imitator. I do not understand why these shows cover the same songs. Chris Mann and Christina sang the "Prayer" together on one night of The Voice, although as a performance, not as a final song for votes. She sang it very well, but I can't say she was the best I have ever heard. I have heard others that I liked better. I understand that she sang it previously as well. When it came time for her to sing the song that I guess was written for her to release as a recording - my thought was that was something I would never buy. I think that is Jessica's problem - if she hears a song done by someone else then she can sing it beautifully, but if it is original she does not know how to make it her own. I still think that you have to sing more than ballads and I still feel no connection to her.

For me Phillip won the night. Even if he was not my original pick I think he is very talented in his own right. He does have the ability to take a song and make it his own. I really liked his last song even with the marching band in part of it. It was original - it was different - he made it his own. Even his other songs - he made them his own. Not everyone has the ability to do that.

I did miss Skylar as I have always found her a true performer and think she would have really added a lot to the night. Since she is gone I can only give my opinion of these F2 and for me I would call P2 the winner.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast