+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree153Likes

Thread: 5/17 AI 11 Results Show Top Three **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 5/17 AI 11 Results Show Top Three **West Coast Spoilers**

I do not understand why the judges have not called Jessica on her enunciation. She drops sounds and her endings are incomplete....yet NEVER a word has been said about it. I actually banged the sofa last night when she was called first.......I do not see her as any kind of success. These kids that have done really well like Taylor Swift has a huge personality , dresses beautifully and is very attractive.

Jessica has not much of a personality, looks very good from a distance because she has a great figure and dresses well, but up close, she is very plain...maybe a crooked tooth on the right side that looks like it is missing. I am surprised that with all the money the family spent on her, this was not fixed.
    Monte71, Debb70 and Erinn_123 like this.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    I do not understand why the judges have not called Jessica on her enunciation. She drops sounds and her endings are incomplete....yet NEVER a word has been said about it. I actually banged the sofa last night when she was called first.......I do not see her as any kind of success. These kids that have done really well like Taylor Swift has a huge personality , dresses beautifully and is very attractive.

Jessica has not much of a personality, looks very good from a distance because she has a great figure and dresses well, but up close, she is very plain...maybe a crooked tooth on the right side that looks like it is missing. I am surprised that with all the money the family spent on her, this was not fixed.
    I am sorry but I think this is an inappropriate comment. Criticize the singing but not how the
    person looks. She's blessed with two legs that can walk, two eyes that can see, two hands that can touch, a voice that can sing. Many people are not blessed with these.
    Last edited by WalaLang; 05-18-2012 at 01:13 PM.
    BTW, RealVoyeur, Lil Bit and 5 others like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by WalaLang View Post
    I am sorry but I think this is an inappropriate comment. Criticize the singing but not how the
    person looks. She has two legs that can walk, two eyes that can see, two hands that can touch, a voice that can sing.
    And she is in the public eye and the expectation is the complete package.....voice but also appearance and personality. She does not have that. Sorry that your interpretation of my comment is such.
    Last edited by ibot2much; 05-18-2012 at 01:29 PM.

I don't agree with criticizing appearance of anyone. However, Jessica in my opinion cannot sing like Josh at all. I'm SO HAPPY Phillip is in the finale though. I don't think Jessica has much of a personality either. I will not buy her music or support her if she wins.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    Your definition of worst finale is different. The level of talent during Taylor Hicks' season was much better compared to at least last year's or the year before. This year's talent is probably the best ever so you can't say that they are the worst finale because anyone could be in the finale and most people will be ok with it (except probably HeeJun and Jermaine). In the list I made, most will agree that Lee, Blake, Justin, etc. shouldn't be even nowhere close to F2 and if you compare their talent to this year's crop, they probably would have been out a long time ago. Taylor and Katherine did well after Idol, in fact Kat was in Smash and she was really good. P2 is another version of Taylor. You should rewatch that season, it was among the best and the top 5 was heavy on talent but it just didn't come out the way you wanted.
    We just have different tastes, I think. Taylor's season was among my least favorite, and I know that's an unpopular opinion. No one resonated with me that year. I recognized the talent, but I wasn't fan of any of singers. Just sitting back and looking at that season objectively, for me, Katherine & Taylor were not the two most talented. Every finale has been great and filled with talent, otherwise those singers wouldn't be there I'm happy for the singers who've found continued success after AI!

I hope Phillip, Jessica, and Joshua find success, as well

Originally Posted by MsDiva2007
    this is even going on outside the us Vote for Jessica Sanchez for American Idol tonight | Global Balita
    Pinoys worldwide can vote for Jessica Sanchez through Facebook? | GMA News Online | The Go-To Site for Filipinos Everywhere
    I had to call my cable customer service this am and the girl who answered my questions was in the Phillipines. She said they are not allowed to vote directly but I guess through family ... and she thanked me and asked me if I would vote a lot for Jessica. She really was sweet and sounded young ... but I guess there are a lot of ways to skin a cat.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Erinn_123 View Post
    I don't agree with criticizing appearance of anyone. However, Jessica in my opinion cannot sing like Josh at all. I'm SO HAPPY Phillip is in the finale though. I don't think Jessica has much of a personality either. I will not buy her music or support her if she wins.
    Jessica is just a little early to the stage. She can sing, but she's such a young girl with no life experience. In a few years, she will find her own voice and be phenomenal!

And she is in the public eye and the expectation is the complete package.....voice but also appearance and personality. She does not have that. Sorry that your interpretation of my comment is such.
    I guess for me it's her age. She is only 16.I don't know if she has a personality or not - she is so very young in my eyes. I didn't notice her teeth- I just heard her voice. I don't like either of them in terms of their music. I think Jessica can sing, but for me she is boring. I don't care who wins. I hope those who voted for either P2 or Jessica are happy .It's so nice when you have a horse in the race.

May the best one win!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    Your definition of worst finale is different. The level of talent during Taylor Hicks' season was much better compared to at least last year's or the year before. This year's talent is probably the best ever so you can't say that they are the worst finale because anyone could be in the finale and most people will be ok with it (except probably HeeJun and Jermaine). In the list I made, most will agree that Lee, Blake, Justin, etc. shouldn't be even nowhere close to F2 and if you compare their talent to this year's crop, they probably would have been out a long time ago. Taylor and Katherine did well after Idol, in fact Kat was in Smash and she was really good. P2 is another version of Taylor. You should rewatch that season, it was among the best and the top 5 was heavy on talent but it just didn't come out the way you wanted.
    Ah how we bash Lee DeWyze. I have a confession ... I voted for him. ... but do you want to know why? In reality, kept wondering why he was still there and waiting for him to have "a moment" so I could understand. But ... he was from my "neck of the woods" .. I didn't and don't know him personally but have friends and acquaintances who do. They were thrilled to attend his home town visit ... and his concert(s) during that visit were packed. Frankly, I was thrilled to have this all so close to home ... so I voted for him !

So there, I've said it. I guess it is similar to the way that people turn out to see visiting candidates, and wait outside of concert venues for an "up close and personal" glimpse. I was listening to some folks call in to a radio station yesterday and talking about having seen Donna Sommer ... and one man called in and had seen The Beatles years ago because his sister won 2 tickets. It was a rush he has never forgotten.

So this might explain some cultural and geographical biases ... and why they are putting up billboards in California. Poor Phillip, they just try to jump him when he rides by.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

Am sure there are other "imperfect" performers who have made it big, regardless of appearance. In fact, I think it's refreshing to see some imperfections. Makes them more human.

+ Reply to Thread