+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree153Likes

Thread: 5/17 AI 11 Results Show Top Three **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 5/17 AI 11 Results Show Top Three **West Coast Spoilers**

Well, I couldn't be more disappointed. Even though I know all the contestants will be back next week, I won't be watching either.
    I'm happy for all you PP fans. I don't get him, but that's just me.
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    This is actually one of the best Finals even without Joshua.

Worst finale..
    1. Lee/Crystal (should have been Crystal/Siobhan)
    2. Scotty/Lauren (should have been Pia/James)
    3. Jordin/Blake (should have been Melinda/Lakisha)
    4. Fantasia/Diana (should have been Latoya/Jennifer)
    5. Kelly/Justin (should have been Kelly/Tamyra)
    Joshua and Phillip would have been an engaging & entertaining finale. IMO, the worst finale was Taylor & Katherine. That year, it should have been Chris & Elliott.

I find it really amazing how each person sees the contestant in their own special way. Some love Joshua, but totally dislike Jessica and vice versa. It's a matter of taste I suppose. It's tough to have your favorite go home before the finale OR to have them lose in the finale. That sucks! It's happened to me a couple of times.

I was pleased to see Phillip go on to the finale. I pray his health holds up.

Are any of you planning on attending their tour concert?
    WalaLang likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SpringMaiden27 View Post
    Joshua and Phillip would have been an engaging & entertaining finale. IMO, the worst finale was Taylor & Katherine. That year, it should have been Chris & Elliott.
    Your definition of worst finale is different. The level of talent during Taylor Hicks' season was much better compared to at least last year's or the year before. This year's talent is probably the best ever so you can't say that they are the worst finale because anyone could be in the finale and most people will be ok with it (except probably HeeJun and Jermaine). In the list I made, most will agree that Lee, Blake, Justin, etc. shouldn't be even nowhere close to F2 and if you compare their talent to this year's crop, they probably would have been out a long time ago. Taylor and Katherine did well after Idol, in fact Kat was in Smash and she was really good. P2 is another version of Taylor. You should rewatch that season, it was among the best and the top 5 was heavy on talent but it just didn't come out the way you wanted.
    luvlady345 and WalaLang like this.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I find it really amazing how each person sees the contestant in their own special way. Some love Joshua, but totally dislike Jessica and vice versa. It's a matter of taste I suppose. It's tough to have your favorite go home before the finale OR to have them lose in the finale. That sucks! It's happened to me a couple of times.

I was pleased to see Phillip go on to the finale. I pray his health holds up.

Are any of you planning on attending their tour concert?
    I am with you. It is always hard when your favorite goes home. The top 3 are all awesome in their own right, they each have something unique that makes him or her different from the other. While I was expecting a Joshua and P2 finale, I am quite thrilled to see Jessica and P2 in the finals. I am always a fan of P2, and like you said I hope his health holds up,actually both of them as I read that Jessica is nursing a sore throat. These kids work so hard which is why sometimes it upsets me when either one of these kids in the show is bashed. They are chasing a dream. Joshua will be fine. These 3 will land a record deal for sure and it is up to their fans to see them succeed past Idol.

As for the voting controversy, this has been going on forever and Idol can't do anything about it because there's no proof. It is the most popular that wins, not the best singer. I thought P2 has it in the bag but I am not sure now. It will be close, P2 has about 301k Twitter followers with Jessica's 360k. She may have a bit of advantage with the support of Asian-Americans, the Mexica-Americans and the US Naval in San Diego. I would've happy with either of them winning. I think it is going to be a great finale to watch, two awesome singers with different style of music.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by WalaLang View Post
    I am with you. It is always hard when your favorite goes home. The top 3 are all awesome in their own right, they each have something unique that makes him or her different from the other. While I was expecting a Joshua and P2 finale, I am quite thrilled to see Jessica and P2 in the finals. I am always a fan of P2, and like you said I hope his health holds up,actually both of them as I read that Jessica is nursing a sore throat. These kids work so hard which is why sometimes it upsets me when either one of these kids in the show is bashed. They are chasing a dream. Joshua will be fine. These 3 will land a record deal for sure and it is up to their fans to see them succeed past Idol.

As for the voting controversy, this has been going on forever and Idol can't do anything about it because there's no proof. It is the most popular that wins, not the best singer. I thought P2 has it in the bag but I am not sure now. It will be close, P2 has about 301k Twitter followers with Jessica's 360k. She may have a bit of advantage with the support of Asian-Americans, the Mexica-Americans and the US Naval in San Diego. I would've happy with either of them winning. I think it is going to be a great finale to watch, two awesome singers with different style of music.
    Great logical and intelligent post..Thanks
    BTW likes this.

I know everybody says, don't worry they will do fine and get a record deal, etc., however, if we look at what has happened with previous top contenders and even winners, it's not that likely IMO. Sometimes, it's not as much about the talent as it is personality and motivation. Those with lots of drive and luck have done pretty well. I mean they make a living in music. Kelly Pickler comes to mind. She hooked up with Taylor Swift and that connection really helped her. She has done quite well, which I would have never anticipated based on her talent on AI.

Then you have people like Pia, who are obviously very talented, but I'm not sure what she has done since AI. I thought she was going to be a HUGE hit according to Jimmie and others on the show. I guess not.

Then there runner ups that seem to have disappeared. I just think that it's not a likely that these top contenders are going to make it as people seem to think.

I really hope these guys do well in finding their dreams. They seem to be great kids, but as heartbreaking as it sounds, IMO it's not likely that they all will go on to be a top recording artist. I think that even ONE of them going on to do that will be surprising. I wish it was different. I guess it makes eveybody feel better by saying otherwise. I just don't buy it. I hope I'm wrong.
    ilja and Jaceegirl like this.

FORT Fan

Do you think the judges know the actual vote count each week? If they do, considering Steven's comment that Jessica will be the last one standing, along with Jessica being in the (fake) bottom 3 only once, makes me wonder if she's never been close to the bottom in votes. Maybe she's been way out in the lead the whole time and saving her was to make for better TV, both that night and in the long run. If she ended up in the finals without ever being declared in the bottom, it might have made for a too predictable outcome. That said, I'm hoping for a Phillip win...just not sure if it's possible hearing about the Skype voting, etc.

FORT Fogey

And if they are not successful in music...as so many people are not in the entertainment industry, they will go on live normal lives like 99.9% of us.

I am thinking that sometimes life in music/entertainment may be a curse. You are well known and often well compensated, but there are some serious downsides.

I love that Soctty M went back to school, played ball on his HS team, went to his prom and is now going to college. He has had a taste of the big life, but his family is intelligent enough to prepare him for the regular world.
    Debb70 and Jaceegirl like this.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I usually don't want my favourites to win, so I'm glad Joshua left.

Jessica is my least favourite (she can sing but I don't like her tone) so I'm hoping she takes it. I'd hate to see Phillip under the control of the Idol franchise anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70
    I really hope these guys do well in finding their dreams. They seem to be great kids, but as heartbreaking as it sounds, IMO it's not likely that they all will go on to be a top recording artist. I think that even ONE of them going on to do that will be surprising. I wish it was different. I guess it makes eveybody feel better by saying otherwise. I just don't buy it. I hope I'm wrong.
    I don't know. Being a recording artist with people who love your music is fantastic, but being a TOP recording artist? It takes a rare person to not have that kind of fame lead them to ruin. I have a friend who owns his own music store, plays gigs on weekends, teaches, and records cds and sells but not at a high level. He's got a fantastic life. You don't have to have a huge record label to continue doing what you love and were meant to do. I guess it's just my opinion, but doing what you love for a living and staying OUT of the public eye on the most part seems like a good thing to me. At the very least, having a that Idol experience will help a lot of these people get good venues and shows so they can make a decent start.

+ Reply to Thread