+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree153Likes

Thread: 5/17 AI 11 Results Show Top Three **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 5/17 AI 11 Results Show Top Three **West Coast Spoilers**

Yea...there are some classical performers and character actors, but I would be curious to see if you can think of any popular music people or leading actors/actresses whom one would regard as plain and personality-less. Streisand had the nose but she evolved into a woman with a distinctive look and style.

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    Ah how we bash Lee DeWyze. I have a confession ... I voted for him. ... but do you want to know why? In reality, kept wondering why he was still there and waiting for him to have "a moment" so I could understand. But ... he was from my "neck of the woods" .. I didn't and don't know him personally but have friends and acquaintances who do. They were thrilled to attend his home town visit ... and his concert(s) during that visit were packed. Frankly, I was thrilled to have this all so close to home ... so I voted for him !
    I voted for him because I liked him. I thought Crystal was talented, but I don't enjoy her style of music, personally. When Lee did the Sinatra song with Harry on the piano...I absolutely loved that performance. Watched it over and over more times than I care to count.
    Babycakee likes this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    ...up close, she is very plain...maybe a crooked tooth on the right side that looks like it is missing.
    Yes, because you can't be a successful singer without perfect teeth.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sheesh View Post
    Yes, because you can't be a successful singer without perfect teeth.

You are right...not in America... in 2012.

I do not understand why the judges have not called Jessica on her enunciation. She drops sounds and her endings are incomplete....yet NEVER a word has been said about it. I actually banged the sofa last night when she was called first.......I do not see her as any kind of success. These kids that have done really well like Taylor Swift has a huge personality , dresses beautifully and is very attractive.

Jessica has not much of a personality, looks very good from a distance because she has a great figure and dresses well, but up close, she is very plain...maybe a crooked tooth on the right side that looks like it is missing. I am surprised that with all the money the family spent on her, this was not fixed.

Jessica's dad is fighting for our country, securing our freedoms, and he's encouraging his daughter to fulfill her dream. Do you have any idea how much that smile must mean to him every time he gets home from being deployed? What he has given her through example will carry her further than any trip to the dentist ever could.

I have no problem with Jessica's appearance or teeth. She has a great voice, but I just don't see anything unique in her. It takes more than a great voice to make it big. It all comes down to personal preference. Of the top 3, I could only see myself purchasing P2's album. I know other's disagree, but his style is what I would listen to.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post

Jessica's dad is fighting for our country, securing our freedoms, and he's encouraging his daughter to fulfill her dream. Do you have any idea how much that smile must mean to him every time he gets home from being deployed? What he has given her through example will carry her further than any trip to the dentist ever could.
    Well said Baby's Breath
    Baby's Breath and JohnnyK like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post

I agree with your post so much, Baby's Breath. I'm sure Jessica's father thinks her smile is the most beautiful smile on earth whenever he sees her. It's probably that very smile that has gotten him through all he has done for our country.
    Baby's Breath likes this.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Yea...there are some classical performers and character actors, but I would be curious to see if you can think of any popular music people or leading actors/actresses whom one would regard as plain and personality-less. Streisand had the nose but she evolved into a woman with a distinctive look and style.

Susan Boyle is raking in the money why don't we ask her? I hope Jessica wins. I would rather have a singer that can hold a note. Phillip is nothing more than a young lounge lizard.
    luvlady345 and Jezebella like this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Susan Boyle is raking in the money why don't we ask her? I hope Jessica wins. I would rather have a singer that can hold a note. Phillip is nothing more than a young lounge lizard.
    P2 is not who I would listen to. I don't think there was anyone this year whose voice I really loved.I liked Colton- P2 a lounge lizard? I think thats a tad harsh. He must be liked, he was voted into the finale.
    Babycakee and BerryCrazy like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread