+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree115Likes

Thread: 5/16 AI 11 Performance: Final Three **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 5/16 AI 11 Performance: Final Three **West Coast Spoilers**

Did anyone notice how they didn't bother to do the little piece in the beginning of the show to tribute the last departing contestant like they have done for the last few weeks. They would show the person who left and offer a little tribute and message for what is to come. NOTHING like that for Hollie last night. Why does this not surprise me. I tuned in early just to see it, too.

I was actually bored last night. My mom is 71 years old and she said "I can't believe that young people like this kind of stuff?" LOL Cracked me up.

I tried to vote for Phillip for 4 hours! I called repeatedly to all 3 numbers and never got through. Of course, I only got through twice for Hollie, so that means absolutely nothing. LOL

I have tried to like Jessica and Joshua, but Jessica just doesn't do anything for me with her singing. Even Jennifer said it was like she channeled Michael Jackson in I'll Be There. I see her as an inpersonator.

Joshua seems like a nice guy, but I do not like his sound. His voice is not enjoyable to my ears. Maybe it's all that old music. Too mature. Did you notice all the old people at his hometown celebration?

Oh well, if Joshua or Jessica don't make it to the final two, I hate to see the tantrum the judges will throw. It may be worth it to see that!

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post

I would love to see Phillip win if only for the drama of it. I don't see that happening though.
    My bet would be on Phillip to win. He's the kind of profile that tends to win. It seems that "tween" and teen girls have a huge influence on the outcome - they have hours to spend voting for their favorite. I don't bother to vote any more because I figure the 10 votes I might be willing to spend my time casting don't really count for anything when matched up against the hundreds of votes other individuals are texting and phoning in.

I think Jimmy Iovine would be a good judge, but IMO it doesn't really matter. He has more effect in his current role. In effect, he judges the contestants previous performance when he's working with them for their next performance. Heck, the AI judges are pretty worthless overall. They rarely give any kind of feedback that can be used going forward. When I've recorded the show, I fast forward through their comments - I really don't care what they have to say.
    Jezebella likes this.

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

I've been an observer this season. My favorites went early...not too invested with the remainder. I thought the judges were completely biased this season. Those that they wanted to do well were appeased with plenty of platitudes, some undeserved. Jimmy was pretty spot-on this entire season. They should keep him and get rid of the rest of the non judges.

Ellen asked Jennifer if she would be back next year. She hemmed and hawed and hedged, but it sounded like probably not.
    Josh for the win!
    Count your blessings!

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    Sidenote reg. Idol: it is stlll a very worthwhile endeavor for aspiring performers. While perhaps not launching a ton of hugely succesful careers like those of Kelly C ad Carrie U, it has allowed many in the biz to earn a living in the entertaiment world. Clay, Ruben, Fantasia, Taylor, Katherine McPHee, Jennifer Hudson, Adam Lambert, etc. And there are a few who have followings internationally but not locally....can't recall the girl's name, but a few years back there was one with a really strong asian following and she does quite well that way.
    Jasmine Trias. With the flower in her hair. I remember wondering how in the heck she kept hanging on that season.
    Everything has an end. Only the sausage has two. - Monroe, from Grimm

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Ellen asked Jennifer if she would be back next year. She hemmed and hawed and hedged, but it sounded like probably not.
    Josh for the win!

I saw that show. I hope she is gone. I liked her last year, but this year she has turned into the diva I was afraid she would be when she was first given the job. I was pleasantly surprised last year....but she fell right into the opinion I had of her.

She better thank always AI for boosting her career big time. All those commercials she has gotten must pay huge money
    Jaceegirl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat View Post
    Ugh. P2 is ruining this Bob Seger song.
    The orchestra in the background sounds good though.
    So glad to see at least a few other people agreed with me. I thought he really did poorly. I was shocked to see the judges give him a standing O. Figured maybe it just sounded better live than on TV. Nope. Just about every other person I've talked to and every review I've read applauded him. And I wasn't trying to dislike it. I was actually thinking he was starting to grow on me a little. I even liked his 2nd song a lot better than the judges did. I definitely liked the 1st and 2nd songs better than the 3rd, by a mile. IMO, P2's last song was the worst of the night.

OK, something I haven't seen anyone comment about. We saw Jessica presented with one of those boombox and phones (the one that is advertised in the commercial with Jordan Sparks). We saw P2 get one. We did not see Joshua get one - or at least I don't remember seeing it. Surely they didn't just give one to Jessica and Phillip????
    Last edited by Arielflies; 05-17-2012 at 08:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    Joshua should win. He has it all. Plus, I'd like to see an African American male win this thing before the show goes under.
    Isn't Ruben Studdard an African American? I do believe he won. I think it was season 2.

I don't know, I don't get all the Joshua love. I think he is a good singer, but I don't see him doing anything different. I found him very screamy last night. I was underwhelmed my Jessica, but think she has a very very good voice. Given a few years, I think she will only get better. She should've waited a few years to audition. And P2 was okay. For what was suppose to be the best group ever, I was underwhelmed last night. I miss Skylar!
    Last edited by Arielflies; 05-17-2012 at 08:01 PM.
    Kip, mesachick and Jaceegirl like this.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    OK, something I haven't seen anyone comment about. We saw Jessica presented with one of those boombox and phones (the one that is advertised in the commercial with Jordan Sparks). We saw P2 get one. We did not see Joshua get one - or at least I don't remember seeing it. Surely they didn't just give one to Jessica and Phillip????
    I'm answering my own question. I just rewatched Joshua's hometown segment. I could see the box the unit came in on the plane, and you could see him wearing the headset in a couple of shots. So yes, he did get one. Maybe they gave it to him early to calm his nerves during the plane ride.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    Jasmine Trias. With the flower in her hair. I remember wondering how in the heck she kept hanging on that season.
    That's her! Thanks so much. We rarely hear about her in states, but I believe she is still going strong overseas.

+ Reply to Thread