+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree115Likes

Thread: 5/16 AI 11 Performance: Final Three **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 5/16 AI 11 Performance: Final Three **West Coast Spoilers**

I want Jimmy Iovine to be a judge. This show desperately needs a critical ear and eye toward performance. The stylist needs to be replaced, as well. It takes so much more than a good voice to be a star. There are no stars here.

I don't like vibratto, just don't. Imagine, one of my all time favorite songs, should be sung without it and sans the vocal gymnastics. One does not need to impart drama into a song with lyrics that supply the emotion.

I would love to see Phillip win if only for the drama of it. I don't see that happening though.

Hate to be so negative so I will end on a positive note. It is almost over!
    Kip, JustJuls and Debb70 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I would love to see Phillip win if only for the drama of it. I don't see that happening though.
    It would not surprise me at all to see him win. And I'd rather it be him than Jessica.
    Kip, Shoepie, sclilred1 and 3 others like this.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    P2's Daddy is packing a gun!
    I guess having a pawn shop you might need to be seen packing a gun.
    sclilred1 likes this.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    That wasn't his best, but it was okay. The tempo was too slow compared to the original.
    I am assuming this comment is regarding P2's second song. I have the advantage of never having heard the original, and I thought it was maybe his best performance of the season. I did not agree with the judges comments, and with two over the top singers, sometimes less is just refreshing.
    Babycakee, sclilred1 and Debb70 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by WinkyD View Post
    What game is Randy playing tonight; i.e., what is TPTB's true agenda?
    TPTB's true agenda is ratings for the show. They don't care who wins.
    Lil Bit and Shoepie like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Reverse psychology? Don't gush over Jessica's performance to get the masses riled up and vote like crazy?
    Or he's just being honest? I totally agreed with him on Jessica's performance.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherLady View Post
    For me, Joshua needs to win, with Jessica 2nd and Phillip 3rd. But I'm afraid that won't happen...
    I'm a lurker but have always agreed with you on this one. I've been a Joshua fan since the Hollywood rounds. Hoping he brings it home.

I so want P2 to win this. He was the only contestant that showed emotion during his hometown visit. His was the best of the three hometowns.

Joshua - he's good alright. I don't believe he is worthy of all the standing ovations the judges gave him. Can they BE (channeling my inner Chandler here lol) anymore clear about whom they want to see win this year?

Jessica - again, technically sound, but I don't buy into her performances 100% because she isn't able to put the emotions needed behind the words. I didn't think she was all that great last night tbh.

Phillip - my favorite from day one and he still is. I love the musician that he is, and that is what sets him above the other two for me. I enjoyed all three of his performances last night. His third song was amazing! I loved Phillip's voice and his tenderness, the vulnerability that he let us see. He finally got his big moment on stage.

The good thing is that all three deserve to be in the top 3. I still think that the one that comes out of this with a long lasting career is going to be Phillip.
    kattatude, Lil Bit and Debb70 like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I think they all won a round last night. Round one - Joshua

Round 2 Jessica

And round three P2

Having said that, I really don't know who is going. I don't think they are the best the show has ever had, they say that every season. Randy, I wish he would shut up. F3 and he says he's in it to win it! I wish he was off my TV and he would take his awful jacket with him.!

I would like Joshua to win this - he was such a sweet boy during his hometown.He's also fun! I like fun people.I am just not sure he will pull that off
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    How quickly we've forgotten Ruben Studdard.
    Touche! Indeed I forgot about Ruben! What a dork.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I want Jimmy Iovine to be a judge. This show desperately needs a critical ear and eye toward performance. The stylist needs to be replaced, as well. It takes so much more than a good voice to be a star. There are no stars here.
    I'm not sure we can always blame miserable seasons on the judges. There are a kazillion good singers out there, but only a handful who have the entire package to really make it in the biz. Even though Idol searches the country each year, it is like finding a needle in a haystack, and they do what they can with the crop they get. That's not to say they don't make some unfortunate choices along the way, but I do think the Kelly Clarksons and Carrie Underwoods of the world are few and far between.

We have to enjoy the show for what it is. Great TV - not the discovery of the next great singer - because it rarely delivers the latter.

Kind of like the Bachelor/ette. All that fuss and really what it amounts to is who the bachelor/ette wants to date - not marry. The odds of a lasting marriage coming out of the deal are remote. But it's great TV along the way.

Sidenote reg. Idol: it is stlll a very worthwhile endeavor for aspiring performers. While perhaps not launching a ton of hugely succesful careers like those of Kelly C ad Carrie U, it has allowed many in the biz to earn a living in the entertaiment world. Clay, Ruben, Fantasia, Taylor, Katherine McPHee, Jennifer Hudson, Adam Lambert, etc. And there are a few who have followings internationally but not locally....can't recall the girl's name, but a few years back there was one with a really strong asian following and she does quite well that way.
    Last edited by Jexter; 05-17-2012 at 11:06 AM.
    Babycakee likes this.

+ Reply to Thread