+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree115Likes

Thread: 5/16 AI 11 Performance: Final Three **West Coast Spoilers**

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

Re: 5/16 AI 11 Performance: Final Three **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Okay, so I just realized that the song P2 sang was Beggin. I thought he was singing "Megan" The judges said by Madcon, whom I don't know but it is originally a Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons song. Ha! Went over to listen to the Madcon version and that was pretty cool, too.

Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons - Beggin - Original - YouTube
    Thanks for that. Hearing their version, proves to me Phillip did well on the song. He was just as good.

Voting for P2 because I refuse to select one of the other two!...AI is on a short leash for continuation after this season, the judges have completely ruined this season..and I don't see it becoming any better as long as these 3 stay....bring back Simon & Paula!!!!

(although I still love seeing the "sexy" Steven Tyler)
    Shoepie and Debb70 like this.

Hoping Jessica goes home tomorrow...I just want to see the reaction of the judges....I feel the need for some real drama this season!
    Shoepie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    This has been a very boring season (but I miss Simon and Paula). IMO, the boys should go to the end. Jessica as no charisma but a beautiful voice. Phillip has tremendous charisma and a unique voice. I'd take that combo any day over someone who is just boring to watch.

Joshua should win. He has it all. Plus, I'd like to see an African American male win this thing before the show goes under.
    Agree Joshua should win, very entertaining singer. However I think P2 is a one trick pony, nice guy I'm sure but he can't sing & he's boring, Jessica is a better singer & I hope for a final of Josh & her.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fan*addict View Post
    Voting for P2 because I refuse to select one of the other two!...AI is on a short leash for continuation after this season, the judges have completely ruined this season..and I don't see it becoming any better as long as these 3 stay....bring back Simon & Paula!!!!

(although I still love seeing the "sexy" Steven Tyler)
    One thing's for sure... Steven Tyler adds an element of uncertainty. I mean, you never know what he's gonna do/say next LOL.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fan*addict View Post
    Hoping Jessica goes home tomorrow...I just want to see the reaction of the judges....I feel the need for some real drama this season!
    ROFL - that would be something (the judges reactions!)

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

FORT Regular

Round 1 - Judge's Choice

1a. Phillip -- surprise concert performance ... I'd attend
    1b. Joshua -- killed it
    _3. Jessica -- poor song choice, too low in her register, over-singing

Round 2 - Contestant's Choice

1. Phillip -- good job, but wins more by default
    2. Jessica -- singing Steven Tyler with Steven Tyler right there to remind us that no one can kill it like Steven Tyler can ... c'mon
    3. Joshua -- song choice hurt big, no room for him & didn't believe him

Round 3 - Jimmy Iovine's Choice

1a. Jessica -- perfect song, finally showed off her tone/vibrato, nailed it
    1b. Joshua -- come to church, good job, freelanced nicely
    1c. Phillip -- he really sang the melody, hit the notes, but song choice was iffy

My

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherLady View Post
    I would have thought that would be a good song for Phillip, but I think it exposed his shortcomings as a singer. Aw, shut up, Randy!

Steven: "It doesn't matter if you hit the notes or not." What?!?
    As I've said, Steven has has been doing that sort of thing all season. I think that's called a left-handed compliment? He is saying something negative ... but in a positive way. He's patting on te back with a knife in his hand, It's a form of sarcasm and in my opinion pretty clever and wise because it really sends you off to form your own opinion. Notice that he rarely gets booed.
    BuckeyeAddict likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I thought they all did such a good job tonight, and I really enjoyed the show. They all seem to belong in the top 3, so kudos to them. My tastes run towards Phillip, and his last song really touched me. His kind of voice and music is the kind I'd be more likely to buy, instead of the other two - although they sure are talented too.
    Lil Bit, JavaJo and ilja like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    This has been a very boring season (but I miss Simon and Paula). IMO, the boys should go to the end. Jessica as no charisma but a beautiful voice. Phillip has tremendous charisma and a unique voice. I'd take that combo any day over someone who is just boring to watch.

Joshua should win. He has it all. Plus, I'd like to see an African American male win this thing before the show goes under.
    How quickly we've forgotten Ruben Studdard.
    ilja likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread