+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree125Likes

Thread: 5/10 AI 11 Results Show: Top Four **West Coast Spoilers**

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Re: 5/10 AI 11 Results Show: Top Four **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Jessica approaches music as many Asians tackle math. From a young age, she had talent and I am willing to bet her parents pushed her very hard to be technically correct, and she is. But at 16 you have just not lived enough life to have had experiences or formed a point of view on life that is required to really sell the songs she is choosing. Or any songs, for that matter.

Jimmy said when she came in rehearsal looking like a teen in her converse all starts Proud Mary seemed to work. He regretted not talking her out of it.

She is so tiny and skinny that dressing in a sexy was is way off. Had she started out wearing age appropriate clothes looking funky and hip it would have been better. She is in the top 4 so it didn't seem to hurt her but I doubt she will be as successful as previous top 4s. It doesn't matter who wins. All of them are likely to generate some interest; it is up to them if they can maintain it.
    Yes, you are right. Jessica is technically proficient. Any emotion she shows while singing is what she has seen others emote or what she's been told she should do to convey emotion. She's not feeling it at all.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    And you know that because???
    That is my impression of her too. She reminds me of a pagent girl. She needs to let go and just be a teenager.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    There are alot of "Imitators" out there. However not many of them can't carry a tune like Jessica can. Jessica doesn't need autotune like alot of artists today do to sing. Jessica will not need to lip sync her concerts because she actually can sing. The music charts are full of artists with minimal singing skills and lots of back end production and you don't find it out until you shell out money to see them in person. I will choose Jessica and Joshua over those types everyday.
    The problem with the music industry today is they don't have to be good singers to do well, and therefore there has to be something else that motivates people to buy tickets to see them. That is why so many of them have the three ring circus going on. I prefer people who can sing as well, but they don't have to be technically perfect, and I doubt I could sit through a whole concert of any of the three that are left.
    BerryCrazy and Debb70 like this.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Don't blame Jessica for what she is wearing AI is dressing these contestants....With that being said, I am moved every time Jessica sings, she deplays a lot of emotions an feeling , I love watching her.

Jayceegirl, thanks for bringing up in your post upthread about them practically forcing Phillip to kiss the photo of Jennifer. THat really bothered me. In today's age it is very important to me that kids and teens not be imposed upon with any kind of coersion. I thought it was odd and that Phillip did not seem okay with it either. IT was awkward. What was the purpose? Jennifer is a married or recently married woman with a boy toy boyfriend OH, and mother of 2 young children. So why in the world, would Phillip, a handsome, single man want to kiss her photo. She's a judge in a singing contest he is in. Every part of that screams WRONG in my book. Didn't Scottie refuse to do some kind of similar thing last season? Oh yeah, when Lady Gaga was a guest, Scottie was not rude, but didn't play the game they wanted. Good for him.

I'm going to pull for PHillip. Perhaps it's not for the right reasons. I don't think he can sing well, but he does make me laugh. I had rather watch him perform than Jessica or Joshua and I feel that Jessica and Joshua have been shoved down my throat by the judges to the point that I don't want them to win. I want the judges to sit in shock while their pets lose and a guy who struggles to carry a melody wins the entire thing. And no, I'm not affiliated with VFTW.
    Last edited by Debb70; 05-14-2012 at 10:42 AM.
    ilja likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by luvlady345 View Post
    Don't blame Jessica for what she is wearing AI is dressing these contestants....With that being said, I am moved every time Jessica sings, she deplays a lot of emotions an feeling , I love watching her.
    I don't think so. I heard earlier in the season that they provide the contestants with outfits, but the contestants dress themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    I don't think so. I heard earlier in the season that they provide the contestants with outfits, but the contestants dress themselves.
    Yeah, it's difficult to say about that show anymore. I'm beginning to think it's about 95% fabrication. I don't really much of anything they say anymore. I think they have lost most of their credibility.

And Jimmy even mentioned that Hollie chose more age appropriate clothes.

I am not sure that these kids know what is right or even what looks best on them. That's why a lot of young girls shop with their girlfriends.

Jessica looks to me like a Barbie doll. I'll have to check out the apparel of the other teens during her home visit. Perhaps she is dressing like her peer group? I just recall a term that I heard years ago. It was "California Casual" and at that time it meant a little more polished and more high end clothing than what would be considered casual say in the Midwest. Kind of dressed to impress? That term has evolved to mean a bunch of different things, but I'll leave it at that.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

But Jimmy also said that the wardrobe department wasn't doing Jessica any favors dressing her like they did....

Quote Originally Posted by luvlady345 View Post
    But Jimmy also said that the wardrobe department wasn't doing Jessica any favors dressing her like they did....
    What happened to Tommy Hilfiger? that sort of fizzled out when none of the contestants wore what he suggested.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread