+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree125Likes

Thread: 5/10 AI 11 Results Show: Top Four **West Coast Spoilers**

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Re: 5/10 AI 11 Results Show: Top Four **West Coast Spoilers**

I'm not on the Jessica fan-wagon and this is pretty much the #1 reason why. She can carry a tune but she's not a singer... she's an imitator. She's heard other super popular, super successful artists sing and she imitates their style. If you notice, this is what children do... they mimic... they imitate.

She carries no style of her own.

I won't vote for her.

I won't buy / listen to what she puts out.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

The above (Marlena_M) exactly sums it up as to why I can't warm up to Jessica and won't vote for her. If it comes down to her and Phillip in the finale, I just won't vote. My votes from now on go to Joshua and only Joshua. He has been one of my favorites from the beginning.
    Nice'n'Easy and Jaceegirl like this.

Is it still possible to set up a poll here at FORT?

It might come out to 33% for each here.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Today is Jessica's day here in San Diego area. There is a parade in Chula Vista this morning and some other activities for her hometown segment.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Just so you P2 fans know, when I made those jokes about Phillip and his scrunched up face, they weren't intended as a slam but as an attempt to be funny. I actually like Phillip's funny faces.

As for my favorite, it's a toss-up between Phillip and Joshua. I would be more apt to buy Phillip's music but probably won't and I do adore Joshua's voice so I'll be happy with either one of them winning. That's not to say I will be extremely upset if Jessica wins but I will be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    I'm not on the Jessica fan-wagon and this is pretty much the #1 reason why. She can carry a tune but she's not a singer... she's an imitator. She's heard other super popular, super successful artists sing and she imitates their style. If you notice, this is what children do... they mimic... they imitate.

She carries no style of her own.

I won't vote for her.

I won't buy / listen to what she puts out.
    We are exactly on the same page as I used that exact word before - Imitator in an earlier post of a previous week. She even said that when she was four years old she would hear a singer on the radio and then sing it. She is still doing it to this day. Thank you Marlena as I thought I was alone in my thinking.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    We are exactly on the same page as I used that exact word before - Imitator in an earlier post of a previous week. She even said that when she was four years old she would hear a singer on the radio and then sing it. She is still doing it to this day. Thank you Marlena as I thought I was alone in my thinking.
    {{{Jaceegirl}}} Even if we're the only two, at least we are not alone... and we're in good company

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

There are alot of "Imitators" out there. However not many of them can't carry a tune like Jessica can. Jessica doesn't need autotune like alot of artists today do to sing. Jessica will not need to lip sync her concerts because she actually can sing. The music charts are full of artists with minimal singing skills and lots of back end production and you don't find it out until you shell out money to see them in person. I will choose Jessica and Joshua over those types everyday.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    {{{Jaceegirl}}} Even if we're the only two, at least we are not alone... and we're in good company
    See my post above. That makes three of us! In a post I think last week, I called Jessica a "mimic". That said, I acknowledge that she is technically a really great singer and would never need lip sync or Autotune.
    Jaceegirl likes this.

FORT Fogey

Jessica approaches music as many Asians tackle math. From a young age, she had talent and I am willing to bet her parents pushed her very hard to be technically correct, and she is. But at 16 you have just not lived enough life to have had experiences or formed a point of view on life that is required to really sell the songs she is choosing. Or any songs, for that matter.

Jimmy said when she came in rehearsal looking like a teen in her converse all starts Proud Mary seemed to work. He regretted not talking her out of it.

She is so tiny and skinny that dressing in a sexy was is way off. Had she started out wearing age appropriate clothes looking funky and hip it would have been better. She is in the top 4 so it didn't seem to hurt her but I doubt she will be as successful as previous top 4s. It doesn't matter who wins. All of them are likely to generate some interest; it is up to them if they can maintain it.
    Jaceegirl likes this.

+ Reply to Thread