+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree125Likes

Thread: 5/10 AI 11 Results Show: Top Four **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 5/10 AI 11 Results Show: Top Four **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I was proud of how Hollie did such a great job with her departing song. I know she is looking forward to the AI tour and I bet that many fans will turn out to see her. I suspect she, Phillip and Skylar will be the tour favorites.

I heard some great news yesterday, though I'm not sure how accurate it is. Wendy Williams says that the producers are ready to cut some of the judges. Their salaries are too high and the ratings are down. No surprise. With the backlash the judges have gotten this season, I can easily see how the producers may want to save some money and get some fair judges which might garner interest from new viewers and old viewers that were turned off by them.
    I very much agree that Hollie was a class act with the way she left and I also agree that Skylar, Hollie and Phillip will be the tour favorites and I expect will do the best after the tour.

Regarding the other news I am one of those that consider that great news. I do not think they do any of the contestants any favors by over praising them. I have heard them tell me over and over that the contestants are the best they have ever had and that they could sing the phone book. I heard them criticize Hollie for not showing her emotions so much so that I would not blame Hollie for being confused as to what they were really asking of her. Was Jennifer showing Hollie what displaying emotions was all about when she put on her own performance? Jennifer is a great dancer, in my opinion not a great singer, but all that displayed to me was how you would show someone how to act sexy. I did not feel her performance was right for young people. Why they don't have the judges work with the contestants themselves is a mystery to me. I know they have Jimmy, but I don't see where he did them any favors either. He should have been very much a part of the song process and he had that light bulb moment when he said Jessica was singing songs to old for her and yet she came out singing Etta James.

AI has changed in so many ways and has become all about the drama. The two hour performance show was so long with so many fillers. The next night when one of their very own Idol winners David Cook gave his performance Ryan did not even talk with him. The judges could only clap and not even get on their feet for one of their own. I couldn't help, but wonder will they be doing the same for who ever wins this season? They seem so vested during the season and then seem to forget them. They showed more hoopla when Jennifer performed and she is a judge. For me, they have made AI more about the judges than the contestants and it never use to be that way. When Phillip was prodded into kissing Jennifer's poster was I the only one saying - "What is Going On." Maybe I am, but that is how I feel. I don't know what the answers are. I just know for me it is not the same show it once was. JMO
    kattatude, ilja and Debb70 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    I very much agree that Hollie was a class act with the way she left and I also agree that Skylar, Hollie and Phillip will be the tour favorites and I expect will do the best after the tour.

Regarding the other news I am one of those that consider that great news. I do not think they do any of the contestants any favors by over praising them. I have heard them tell me over and over that the contestants are the best they have ever had and that they could sing the phone book. I heard them criticize Hollie for not showing her emotions so much so that I would not blame Hollie for being confused as to what they were really asking of her. Was Jennifer showing Hollie what displaying emotions was all about when she put on her own performance? Jennifer is a great dancer, in my opinion not a great singer, but all that displayed to me was how you would show someone how to act sexy. I did not feel her performance was right for young people. Why they don't have the judges work with the contestants themselves is a mystery to me. I know they have Jimmy, but I don't see where he did them any favors either. He should have been very much a part of the song process and he had that light bulb moment when he said Jessica was singing songs to old for her and yet she came out singing Etta James.

AI has changed in so many ways and has become all about the drama. The two hour performance show was so long with so many fillers. The next night when one of their very own Idol winners David Cook gave his performance Ryan did not even talk with him. The judges could only clap and not even get on their feet for one of their own. I couldn't help, but wonder will they be doing the same for who ever wins this season? They seem so vested during the season and then seem to forget them. They showed more hoopla when Jennifer performed and she is a judge. For me, they have made AI more about the judges than the contestants and it never use to be that way. When Phillip was prodded into kissing Jennifer's poster was I the only one saying - "What is Going On." Maybe I am, but that is how I feel. I don't know what the answers are. I just know for me it is not the same show it once was. JMO

As to the bolded part. I think it is really strange that someone "Jennifer" who sits in judgement of the kids abilities to sing Live & "connect" to a song, can't sing Live herself. She lip synched to whole thing. Talks about hypocrisy.
    Debb70 and Jaceegirl like this.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    As to the bolded part. I think it is really strange that someone "Jennifer" who sits in judgement of the kids abilities to sing Live & "connect" to a song, can't sing Live herself. She lip synched to whole thing. Talks about hypocrisy.
    LOL I noticed that, but figured I was probably being too hard on her already. Glad you mentioned it. How true!!!

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

{snip}Why they don't have the judges work with the contestants themselves is a mystery to me. {snip}
    That's because they are called judges - - - they are not considered mentors. It's bizarre because even on the shows that have mentors (e.g. XFactor) the same criticism of lack of good advice comes across.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    That's because they are called judges - - - they are not considered mentors. It's bizarre because even on the shows that have mentors (e.g. XFactor) the same criticism of lack of good advice comes across.
    That is true about X Factor, but I guess I liked The Voice for that part. I forget if they are called judges or mentors, but whatever they are called they work with their contestants. I think being in the business of singing who would know better what it is really like once you hit the real world. How is Jennifer able to critique them when she lip synchs herself? On The Voice and I am not saying any show is perfect the same people who judge or mentor them work with them. I am sure all these shows are not perfect. Maybe AI does not need judges and only needs mentors. Why have both? If you are going to have both them maybe they should get together before the contestant actually performs. I really don't have the perfect answer - just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    Yup, I agree that is the problem with AI and why I feel it so hard to invest really since it's rare the best singer wins. And sadly, I misunderstood your post and apologize for that. For what it's worth, Skylar was one of my real faves and I was so sad when she was voted off
    However, it's very subjective who the "best" singer is. We could argue that Jessica is the best singer this year, but she leaves me cold. P2 is definitely not the best singer, but he's enjoyable to watch. People who have been, and are, mega stars would not make the cut on this show if it was all about the "best singer."

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    I think it would have been a really good week next week. With really 3 different genre's represented. Old School with Joshua(He gives me that motown sound I love) Jessica she gives me that R&B and soulful diva I like and Skylar, I love her country sound. I would not have cared which one took the competition with that much talent around.
    That's how I would have felt if the final 3 were Joshua, Phillip, and Hollie. I may have liked Jessica more if she had sung age appropriate songs as Jimmy once suggested, before he forgot he suggested it.

Quote Originally Posted by mslady View Post
    It's too bad that we can't have judges who know real talent.
    They probably do, but this is a reality show and not a true talent search.

Quote Originally Posted by yourefired View Post
    Ryan did not say this is your bottom 2. He said "the first, second, last person moving on." At this point I don't think they ever give an official bottom 2 because it might give unfair advantage to someone with the normal B2 rebound. As best I can remember, they also usually have all 4 up there at once at this point.

I think P2 was up there because he was the weakest last night of the final 3. I refuse to call him as the winner though since doing so on The Voice jinxed Tony Lucca.
    I was trying to come up with all kinds of theories last night, like the first one they sent back to the couch was #1 vote getter, etc., or #3 vote getter. Then DH pointed out that they called them out initially based on singing order and sent them back in reverse singing order. So P2 was up there with Jessica by virtue of his having sung first. He was not necessarily one of the bottom 2 vote getters - but he could have been. We will never know for sure, I guess.

AI hasn't changed that much, it was always about the drama. They may have been a little more subtle about it, or we just may be getting more astute. It's always been more about the judges, I've been complaining about that one for ages.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 05-12-2012 at 02:05 AM.
    navybelle likes this.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

I am still frustrated with the hyping of Jessica being "only 16 years old"! I stumbled on a you tube video of a little girl named Caroline Costa who I had never heard. I think she's about 16 now, but in 2008 she was on a France's got Talent show and sang "I will always love you". She was only 11 years old, and she was as good as Jessica.
    Who cares how old they are if they are good? I was singing when I was 4 years old ... and I guess I was alright. My Dad said I was good, but he was biased.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

When you get the attention of Tommy Mattola at the age of 16 that is something special. The man knows talent when he sees it. Tommy obviously sees $$ when he hears Jessica sing.lol
    bee stung lips likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

There is a TV Guide poll for favorite to win from the top 3 that has Phillip with 41% of the votes, Jessica with 34% and Joshua with 25%. Only 1408 votes, so it's not really a thorough representation. There is another site called votefair dot org that has a poll every week, asking people to rank their current favorites from first to last. Their results have Jessica in front with 62%, the Phillip with 24% and Joshua with 13%. They only have 305 votes at this time.

Regarding all the signage in SD, just about every town has a lot of signs for their hometown representative. We see it when they show footage from the hometowns. I don't know how often they get billboards, though. It's usually signs in front of businesses, schools and churches.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    When you get the attention of Tommy Mattola at the age of 16 that is something special. The man knows talent when he sees it. Tommy obviously sees $$ when he hears Jessica sing.lol
    The other thing is, we really need to remember that she IS only 16. Her personality will develop as she gets older. Many 16 year olds don't have a lot of personality yet. Her voice should only get better, too. She might be a diamond in the rough, and not even very rough. What she lacks might be able to be polished. Carrie improved quite a bit after AI, and she was pretty darned good then. When she sang "Alone," my mouth was agape and it pulled my husband in from another room.

+ Reply to Thread