+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122
Like Tree174Likes

Thread: 5/9 AI 11 Performance Show: Top Four **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 5/9 AI 11 Performance Show: Top Four **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    I disagree. And those at home should be voting for who they like, not who the judges like. And for that matter, if a contestant isn't as good as the next contestant, why put them on the same level as the one who is? It's called a competition for a reason. Anyone who comes out and gives a stellar performance deserves praise from the judges. This isn't kindergarten where a teacher has to be careful to make sure she doesn't make one child feel less special than the other children. AI is a real competition and anyone going on that show should realize the judges comments aren't necessarily going to sunshine and daisies for them every single week. Some weeks the judges may like the performance and other weeks, not so much. But if someone like Joshua comes out each week and sings and performs well, and the judges feel this to be so, he should be praised for it. Those who aren't stepping up should step up and if not, perhaps they shouldn't have been on the show in the first place.
    While I am not in agreement with you on the judges behavior this year, you made some excellent points.
    bee stung lips likes this.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    {snip}
    I think they are all talented and belong there ... so why berate some. Hollie takes it like a classy young lady. {snip}
    I could be way off base here but from the start Hollie has struck me as a young lady who approaches this as "gosh I'm lucky, what an incredible opportunity I've been given to learn so much". I love that! To me she hasn't come across as one who thinks "Hey, with my great voice, I deserve to be here and I'm in it to win it". I do not think she has a snowball's chance to win this but I do think she will take all the coaching, criticism, feedback, mentoring, lessons with her... build on them... and go far.

Sometimes it's not "best" to be the "winner".

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I wonder if there is a shocker result tonight they will start to announce it early like they did the time that Jessica was set to go home. If it's Hollie, there will be no big news, since it's expected, but if it's any of the other 3, the judges may have to be picked up off the floor!!!!!! LOL I would love to see that!
    I heard on the radio that there is a shocker elimination. I am so nervous for Joshua! I tried to vote for him last night, and couldn't get through once.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post

I do like Joshua's singing ... but honestly, he doesn't seem at ease when on stage talking. Seems very deer in the headlights.
    I don't see it as a lack of ease at all, but rather, humility. He knows he's good, yes. But he's not cocky or arrogant about it. He gets up there and sings the hell out of a song and then stands there and takes in the judges comments in without one iota of cockiness. With the amount of praise the judges have heaped on him this season, one would think his head would have exploded with arrogance by now. But it hasn't. And even if he were nervous and looked like a "deer in headlights" after his performances, he sure as heck doesn't perform like a deer in headlights. He performs with the ease of a seasoned professional. And that's what counts. I hope he stays humble.
    MsDiva2007 likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I don't see it as a lack of ease at all, but rather, humility. He knows he's good, yes. But he's not cocky or arrogant about it. He gets up there and sings the hell out of a song and then stands there and takes in the judges comments in without one iota of cockiness. With the amount of praise the judges have heaped on him this season, one would think his head would have exploded with arrogance by now. But it hasn't. And even if he were nervous and looked like a "deer in headlights" after his performances, he sure as heck doesn't perform like a deer in headlights. He performs with the ease of a seasoned professional. And that's what counts. I hope he stays humble.
    I don't think he is cocky in the least The guy can sing, thats what he loves to do. If I had a voice like his, I might be a tad cocky at this point. Seeing him so upset when Hollie left last night spoke volumes. He's a sweet boy- he is part of the F3. I don't know how the winner will be chosen, I guess it will depend on the music you most like to hear.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I'm with you. I see Joshua as a very sweet humble young man. This is something very very admirable to me. I also think he performs with ease and has really good stage presence like that of a professional.
    bee stung lips likes this.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

These kids aren't veteran entertainers. Give them some time and they will be more at ease while being interviewed. This is all new for them and coming at them pretty fast. They all need time to adjust.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

There was absolutely no criticism of Joshua intended. I have been saying for a while now, that I thought it should be a Josh Hollie F2.

Perhaps rather than "deer in the headlights" I might have said he is just overwhelmed at all of what's happening, which would make any humble person a little ill-at-ease. Again, he has really grown, and grown on me, and I do believe he has a great career ahead of him.

He seems like a really nice young man and I hope they don't try to push him around.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread