+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
Like Tree174Likes

Thread: 5/9 AI 11 Performance Show: Top Four **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 5/9 AI 11 Performance Show: Top Four **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Really? See, I'd recognize Joshua's voice immediately if I heard him on the radio. There are certain nuances in his voice that make him stand out. And while, yes, there are plenty of "churchy" type voices out there, there aren't that many, if any at all, on Top 40 radio.

I do agree with you about Jessica, however. I'd hear her thinking it was Beyonce, and then I'd hear Beyonce, thinking it was Jessica. She just sounds too similar. But I can't deny that the girl can really sing. Her pitch is perfect. She hasn't delivered one flat note...not one. I hope as she gets older, she'll find her own identity and not make it so much about emulating the Beyonce's of the world.
    I thought his rendition of a Josh Groban's song was awful.It make my cat run and hide.
    Debb70 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I thought his rendition of a Josh Groban's song was awful.It make my cat run and hide.
    I don't think it was his best, but I don't think it was his worst, either.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    I don't think it was his best, but I don't think it was his worst, either.
    I am bias, because I adore Josh Groban. Nobody can sing his songs .Its like the girls singing Adele songs
    Jezebella likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

I am no longer invested in the show, Colton & Skylar where my favs. At this point ANYONE but Jessica is good for me. I can't relate to this child, I find her to be lackluster the lights are on but noone is home!...Can she sing? ABSOLUTELY..but it doesn't move me, doesn't make me want to stop in my tracks and listen or play the song over and over until I know every word of the song and want to understand the feeling.

I find it disheartening to hear the judges praise her every lyric and yet criticize Holly. BOTH of these YOUNG girls (both under 18) are being made to sing songs that are to old, or non connective with words/feeling of the song. The judges continue to remind Holly of this very fact and yet PRIASE Jessica, who sings the same type of song. Jessica is just better at playing dress-up than Holly.
    Debb70 and Jaceegirl like this.

Jimmie Iovine allowed her to carry this composition to the Idol satge. He had to know Holly and Bonnie have nothing in common. Holly canít caress and manipulate a lyric; thatís not who she is. Oh man, this thing broke my heart; easily her worst performance of the season.
    The same Jimmy that said, these songs are too old for Jessica, and promptly forgot he said it.
    Debb70 and Jaceegirl like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I am bias, because I adore Josh Groban. Nobody can sing his songs .Its like the girls singing Adele songs
    Oh, I agree. I hate people attempting Adele songs, especially when they try to sing them just like her. Grrrr...!
    Last edited by bee stung lips; 05-10-2012 at 10:41 AM.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Please tell me I didn't hear correctly. Please say that Jennifer is not going to sing tonight. OMG. How did you find her logic last night when she critiqued Hollie's second song. She said you must feel the emotion, but you felt the emotion and that wasn't right. Lady, you are bonkers. Please shut up.
    I read that Hollie dedicated "I Can't Make You Love Me" to the judge last night! LOL

I thought Hollie was the best last night. AGAIN. I started calling her votes as soon as the number came up and continued every few minutes for 4 hours. Eastern Time. It was busy everytime, except for TWO. Somebody liked her.

Joshua is such a screecher. I do NOT enjoy his voice at all. I thought his Groben song was very poor.
    Nice kid, but should go IMO.

Jessica can sing some things, but she's so one note. The judges worship of her on old soul songs and criticism of Hollie is so BS, I just want to beat them with a wet noodle.

Poor Phillip. He did not look well last night. He seems to be going downhill. I have never thought the boy can sing a lick, but I'm going to root for him to win if Hollie goes home.
    When_in_Rome and Jaceegirl like this.

FORT Regular

o.k., here's my complaint. I just wish the judges had been less over the top about Joshua and Jessica. I'm so resentful of their fawning and bias, that I want to like the opposite! I think back: if I had "discovered" Joshua and Jessica on my own...in other words, if the judges' opinions and comments hadn't been so way out of proportion towards these two, I think I would have also been big fans of theirs and rooting for them to win. I know I shouldn't get so wrapped in this show, but I felt horrible for all of the OTHER contestants. I think it was cruel of the judges to be so biased at the others' expense. I became a big supporter of Hollie's because I feel sorry for her. I vote for her because I feel badly - even though I think Jessica is probably a better singer. (But I don't think either one is perfect or the "best singer in the history of the world." When Hollie gets voted out, I think they should give her a medal for coming out there week after week and listen to the disparity of the comments without crying. I actually thought when she was singing Bonnie Raitt's "I Can't Make You Love Me" she was singing that to and about the judges. So, we get it Randy, Steven, Jennifer, and Jimmy - you are determined to make sure that either Joshua or Jessica are the next American Idol. Next time, let us come to that conclusion on our own without hurting the other kids on the show.
    murphytoo, ilja, Debb70 and 2 others like this.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Here's my take on last night...
    Hollie... two mediocre-at-best performances. Total snoozefest and she'll be leaving this week.
    Jessica... the first song was worthless but her second song was fantastic. I'm no Jessica fan, that's for sure, but her second performance was one of her best all season.
    Phillip... the first song was completely "meh" for me but his second song... one I'm totally unfamiliar with... was his best all season... actually got me to pay attention and not FF thru it!
    Joshua... two amazing performances... he comes across as quiet, humble, unassuming etc and then? then he starts to sing and is completely transformed. Fantastic - both songs!

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

I wonder if there is a shocker result tonight they will start to announce it early like they did the time that Jessica was set to go home. If it's Hollie, there will be no big news, since it's expected, but if it's any of the other 3, the judges may have to be picked up off the floor!!!!!! LOL I would love to see that!
    ilja likes this.

+ Reply to Thread