+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617 LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 163
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: 5/2 AI 11 Performance Show Thread: Top 5 **West Coast Spoilers**

  1. #131
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    343

    Re: 5/2 AI 11 Performance Show Thread: Top 5 **West Coast Spoilers**

    I'm not playing prediction game but if I was, hardest ever to pick.

    I'd say hollie bottom 3 though doesn't deserve it - just her permanent spot,(should be skylar only bc of tonight songs), followed by Philip, who had an off nite but has been a fav of mine so long I can't abandon him yet, followed by Jessica going home. Yes her voice is stellar, but the Tina number was awkward, and while Joe Cocker was beautiful, it was boring.

    So we'll see - we'll probably see why I don't play prediction game
    Everything is better with music. I want my life to have a soundtrack.

  2. #132
    Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    On the edge
    Posts
    6,234

    Re: 5/2 AI 11 Performance Show Thread: Top 5 **West Coast Spoilers**

    Jessica: you are not, nor will you ever be, Tina Turner!
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

  3. #133
    All Summer-y Arielflies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    With My Thoughts
    Posts
    19,146

    Re: 5/2 AI 11 Performance Show Thread: Top 5 **West Coast Spoilers**

    P2, P2...I missed the melody in The Letter, but JLo and Randy were correct in that you always do your own thing. Admirable or one note?

    Hollie really kicked her first song and Skylar did her usual high octane performance even if I couldn't understand the words. Jessica started that karaoke favorite (or as Stevie put it, the old bar band song that everyone was sick of) with her back to the audience and behind a curtain...huh? It was a mess.

    I have yet to listen to Joshua's first selection so will comment on that when I've seen the rest of the show.

    I don't think Joshua and P2 even know who the Righteous Brothers are, which is sad. They played with one of my swoon songs as though they were supposed to be a male/female singing to each other rather than the girls in the audience. Their voices definitely do not mesh which made the whole experience seem even more out of whack.

    I found Ryan's continued ribbing of P2 to be funny - saying that Phillip had a girlfriend and preferred brunettes (she is cute) and that Ryan's home life was safe.

    Back after the next hour.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 05-03-2012 at 12:12 AM.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

  4. #134
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    343

    Re: 5/2 AI 11 Performance Show Thread: Top 5 **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    Jessica: you are not, nor will you ever be, Tina Turner!
    I saw Tina years ago on her 'Private Dancer' tour. The way she danced in those five inch heels, hair flying all over, sweat dripping down her body, and sang with every ounce of pain and joy she'd ever experienced, you just left that concert exhausted but feeling strong, all at the same time. No 16 year old could ever capture Tina. They shoulda talked her out of it.
    Uncle David likes this.
    Everything is better with music. I want my life to have a soundtrack.

  5. #135
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    21,986

    Re: 5/2 AI 11 Performance Show Thread: Top 5 **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by murphytoo View Post
    I saw Tina years ago on her 'Private Dancer' tour. The way she danced in those five inch heels, hair flying all over, sweat dripping down her body, and sang with every ounce of pain and joy she'd ever experienced, you just left that concert exhausted but feeling strong, all at the same time. No 16 year old could ever capture Tina. They shoulda talked her out of it.
    I have seen her twice and Jessica was nowhere like Tina.But, she did her best

    Loved little Hollie.

    P2, yuck!

    Skylar sang well .

    Joshua sounded like he does every single week.At least P2 tries something different. Even if he is weird to watch
    murphytoo likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  6. #136
    He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    In front of my TIVO
    Posts
    2,082

    Re: 5/2 AI 11 Performance Show Thread: Top 5 **West Coast Spoilers**

    Just thinking: Have Philip and Joshua never seen Top Gun? Just sayin!

    That's what that duet made me think of. It was fun just like in the movie. I liked it.

    I missed part of tonight's show so I can't really comment. I did see everyone's second song. Well Josh still needs to sing here.

    P2 and Josh are still my favorites. I want them in the finale. Both are really good looking.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

  7. #137
    FORT Fogey CupidGuest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    4,200

    Re: 5/2 AI 11 Performance Show Thread: Top 5 **West Coast Spoilers**

    I voted for the first time in a few years for American Idol contestants. lol. Skylar and Joshua.
    MsDiva2007 likes this.

  8. #138
    All Summer-y Arielflies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    With My Thoughts
    Posts
    19,146

    Re: 5/2 AI 11 Performance Show Thread: Top 5 **West Coast Spoilers**

    Joshua has pulled me in with both his songs tonight. Wow.

    P2 actually sang melody on his second song, but his upper register is very thin.

    Hollie singing Leona Lewis - all right! Good job!

    I loved seeing Skylar also tone it down the second half. All of them showed their vulnerability during the second half taking songs that needed a connection.

    Jessica sang the Cocker song just beautifully. I loved that they used guitar rather than piano.

    Whoa! How in the world can one play the prediction game based on these performances?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

  9. #139
    FORT Aficionado echo226's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Stuck in the Middle
    Posts
    8,645

    Re: 5/2 AI 11 Performance Show Thread: Top 5 **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    Now that trio was much better than the duet. I thought Hollie did best but maybe I'm just on the Hollie bandwagon tonight.

    What happened during that silent moment before Jessica sang that one part?
    Hollie absolutely stood out in the trio ... no doubt. She really outshone Jessica, and surprisingly Skylar didn't energizer Bunny her off her game. Proud of her. I hope she wins this thing, but I fear because the judges praised her, her voting fans may think she's safe.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

    " The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

  10. #140
    FORT Aficionado echo226's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Stuck in the Middle
    Posts
    8,645

    Re: 5/2 AI 11 Performance Show Thread: Top 5 **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    P2, P2...I missed the melody in The Letter, but JLo and Randy were correct in that you always do your own thing. Admirable or one note?

    Hollie really kicked her first song and Skylar did her usual high octane performance even if I couldn't understand the words. Jessica started that karaoke favorite (or as Stevie put it, the old bar band song that everyone was sick of) with her back to the audience and behind a curtain...huh? It was a mess.

    I have yet to listen to Joshua's first selection so will comment on that when I've seen the rest of the show.

    I don't think Joshua and P2 even know who the Righteous Brothers are, which is sad. They played with one of my swoon songs as though they were supposed to be a male/female singing to each other rather than the girls in the audience. Their voices definitely do not mesh which made the whole experience seem even more out of whack.

    I found Ryan's continued ribbing of P2 to be funny - saying that Phillip had a girlfriend and preferred brunettes (she is cute) and that Ryan's home life was safe.

    Back after the next hour.
    Well these kids do not understand these songs and nobody fills them in. How can they be expected to "tell the story" if they don't know it. Sheesh !

    "The Letter" was a Vietnam Era favorite especially of those serving, and was kind of tied to getting mail and eventually coming home from Vietnam to your girl. It was receiving a "good" letter and not a Dear John as some feared. Phillip's lack of melody made it a non-song to me. It's not a chant, after all.

    "Fortunate Son" was flat out a Vietnam War protest song, and commenting on draft deferments, etc. for the sons of the privileged. It's more of an angry song than a boppin' around song, so because I understood it, Skylar's performance kind of surprised me and put me off some.

    Joshua definitely thought they were being asked to sing to each other, and Steven played into the joke. Too funny. Joshua's voice definitely made Phillip's shortcomings stand out. The non-righteous version by these boys ... has not caused me to lose that loving feeling for the Righteous Brothers ...
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

    " The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.