+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021 LastLast
Like Tree115Likes

Thread: 4/25 AI 11 Performance Show: Top 6 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 4/25 AI 11 Performance Show: Top 6 **West Coast Spoilers**

I watched the entire show, but I must have missed it if they gave some kind of explanation.

I read today that Ryan was VERY sick and close to not appearing. He did a good coverup of his illness, but hey, don't they want to protect the contestants from getting sick. Yuck. All those sick germs he was breating on them and then touching them.

I am a country music fan, that's really all I listen to on the radio.. and I do NOT see what the Skylar Fuss is all about. In my opinion she is just not unique. She sounds a bit like Reba, a bit like Miranda Lambert, but nothing special. She is a decent performer, but performances do not sell records. That lady needs to slow it down and give America a ballad, maybe a Reba classic.. something to show America she actually has a decent voice.

I also don't like Phillip, his style is just not for me. He might be 'current' but I'm old enough that I just don't get it! Joshua is good, but again not my style.

Between Jessica and Hollie I take Hollie hands down. Jessica's voice might be 'technically' close to perfect but she has little personality, and it comes through in her songs. Hollie's voice is on pitch, beautiful to listen to and just as powerful as Jessica's. I would buy a Hollie CD, not a Jessica CD even though Jessica's voice is amazing.

I am also old enough to be embarrassed that I loved a Miley Cyrus song, but when The Climb came out a few years ago it went straight to my iPod and I played it constantly. When Ryan said Miley I was bouncing on my chair knowing that if anyone could make that song come alive it would be Hollie, and I was not disappointed. Hubby and I played that song three times last night by rewinding the DVR. If the judges hadn't given her a standing ovation on that one I would have been shocked. NAILED IT! I voted at least 20 times for Hollie last night.

Way to go girl... now I can replace Miley on my iPod.

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post

I have to comment that I normally don't like the style of music Joshua sings, but I do like to watch and listen to Joshua. I really liked both his performances last night. Whether I would buy a CD or not is questionable, but I can't see any of them really that I would buy the CD.
    I think there might be a market for Josh's type of voice and singing ... again. My SO keep's saying he's OK but he's no Otis Redding.

I think Jessica cannot possibly comprehend the emotion behind that song. Even if her father is deployed, he is still with her, and that song to me is someone who can NEVER dance with her father again because he has passed. I think Jessica is very good at protraying emotion, that's what it looks like to be. I did not like her version of this song at all.
    I totally agree with you.

I would like to know why the insistance from the judges (and others) that the contestants have to sing songs people know. Sometimes it's actually better to not have heard the song before because you have nothing to compare it to.
    I actually prefer a song that I do know. If I know and like the original, I may like the new version as well or better. If I know the song but wasn't crazy about the original, the contestant may improve on it.

What I do NOT agree with is them saying the original artist sang it a certain way and it shouldn't be "played with" or saying a song is the wrong choice because it should be sung the way the original artist did it and thus it isn't someones "forte'" or in their "wheelhouse." Let them put whatever wheels they want on it that will get them where they want to go.
    Last edited by echo226; 04-26-2012 at 02:35 PM.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Just wanted to say that I was surprised that no mention was made of a former Idol who actually gave an outstanding performance with Queen at the EMA show this year. That was Adam Lambert and I am not sure if this will work, but for those who made have missed it this is how Queen is done. He performed Show Must Go On, We Will Rock You and We Are The Champions. He is also scheduled to do four concerts with them this summer. Why no mention of him doing this since he is a former Idol did not make sense to me. Maybe tonight. This is a link that I hope will work for you.

Adam Lambert Shuts Down the MTV EMAS with Incredible Queen Performance! | The Official Adam Lambert Site

Regarding last night I really enjoyed Skylar. She is a lot of fun to watch and I just enjoy her. My tastes in music run all over the place. I just enjoy what I like to hear and what I would buy. I love Carrie Underwood all the way to Adam Lambert. Especially, since Colton is gone Skylar would be my favorite. I know Joshua technically can sing, but I just am not a favorite of his. I loved Hollies' second song, she was amazing and I love her voice. I just do not know if she would make it to the F2. Elise I don't know why, but just do not connect with her. Same goes for Jessica. I just think she is too young and wish that she would be doing normal things that high school students do. I know last year's winner Scotty was young, but he still went to regular high school, was on the baseball team, etc. Jessica is home schooled and I just think she misses out on normal things. At least that is my opinion as well as everything I have written.

Quote Originally Posted by CookieJ View Post
    I am a country music fan, that's really all I listen to on the radio.. and I do NOT see what the Skylar Fuss is all about. In my opinion she is just not unique. She sounds a bit like Reba, a bit like Miranda Lambert, but nothing special. She is a decent performer, but performances do not sell records. That lady needs to slow it down and give America a ballad, maybe a Reba classic.. something to show America she actually has a decent voice.

I also don't like Phillip, his style is just not for me. He might be 'current' but I'm old enough that I just don't get it! Joshua is good, but again not my style.

Between Jessica and Hollie I take Hollie hands down. Jessica's voice might be 'technically' close to perfect but she has little personality, and it comes through in her songs. Hollie's voice is on pitch, beautiful to listen to and just as powerful as Jessica's. I would buy a Hollie CD, not a Jessica CD even though Jessica's voice is amazing.

I am also old enough to be embarrassed that I loved a Miley Cyrus song, but when The Climb came out a few years ago it went straight to my iPod and I played it constantly. When Ryan said Miley I was bouncing on my chair knowing that if anyone could make that song come alive it would be Hollie, and I was not disappointed. Hubby and I played that song three times last night by rewinding the DVR. If the judges hadn't given her a standing ovation on that one I would have been shocked. NAILED IT! I voted at least 20 times for Hollie last night.

Way to go girl... now I can replace Miley on my iPod.
    Skylar has been growing on me. I want her to do "Crazy". I like Hollie and really enjpy Elise's voice too.

If I pick with my heart ... I want Elise and Hollie to be F2.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Just wanted to say that I was surprised that no mention was made of a former Idol who actually gave an outstanding performance with Queen at the EMA show this year. That was Adam Lambert and I am not sure if this will work, but for those who made have missed it this is how Queen is done. He performed Show Must Go On, We Will Rock You and We Are The Champions. He is also scheduled to do four concerts with them this summer. Why no mention of him doing this since he is a former Idol did not make sense to me. Maybe tonight. This is a link that I hope will work for you
    This is great link, to a great voice. He is in league of his own, and he always was. Wonderful. I thought they would mention him

I doubt he cares though
    Jaceegirl likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fanatic

I think Adam Lambert has an incredible voice but it bothers me that little by little he is making himself look more
    physically like Elvis Prwsley. I think he looked fine already.
    Shoepie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mslady View Post
    I think Adam Lambert has an incredible voice but it bothers me that little by little he is making himself look more
    physically like Elvis Prwsley. I think he looked fine already.
    He did look fine already, but I thought the first time I saw him on AI S8 that he already reminded me of Elvis. I think because he has lost weight and wears much less makeup it might make him appear to look even more like Elvis. I liked Elvis so I don't have a problem. lol One interesting thing that I did not know was that Elvis wore eyeliner back in his day. I can't remember if I mentioned this already, but he came to our state recently and I met Adam. He is the nicest guy and just like talking to any regular, down-to-earth guy.
    Shoepie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    He did look fine already, but I thought the first time I saw him on AI S8 that he already reminded me of Elvis. I think because he has lost weight and wears much less makeup it might make him appear to look even more like Elvis. I liked Elvis so I don't have a problem. lol One interesting thing that I did not know was that Elvis wore eyeliner back in his day. I can't remember if I mentioned this already, but he came to our state recently and I met Adam. He is the nicest guy and just like talking to any regular, down-to-earth guy.
    I am so jealous! I would love to see him in concert, let alone speak with him.Lucky you!
    Jaceegirl likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Amazing that Adam was not mentioned at all in connection with Queen. Of course I would have preferred that he be on the show to sing.

Since he listed that he will be on Kimmel tonight, do you think we might get a surprise visit to AI by Adam!!!!

That would be so fabulous.
    Jaceegirl likes this.

+ Reply to Thread