+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree179Likes

Thread: 4/19 AI 11 Results Show: the Almost Top 6 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 4/19 AI 11 Results Show: the Almost Top 6 **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    I just read that Carrie Underwood was shocked and apparently a Colton fan. This is what I just read she said.

Even Carrie Underwood expressed her shock in a tweet that said, “Colton gone on Idol tonight?!?! What?!?! Really thought I’d see him in the finale…’tis a sad night, indeed.” Carrie also sent a personal message to Colton that said, “@CDixonAI11 Keep your head up! You are SO amazingly talented! God has blessed you so much and will continue to do so!

Hope I was allowed to do that as I do not know how to put a link in. So nice to see that the besides the fans here who liked him that he had support of people in the industry.
    So glad to hear even those in the industry acknowledge he is very talented. His hometown of Murfreesboro is only a few miles from Nashville, TN, which is not only the country music capital, but is also the Christian and Gospel music capital of the world, so he's got that going for him as well. He'll have a great career in music for sure.
    Nice'n'Easy and Jaceegirl like this.

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    Aaaah! The way you put that reminded me of the good old days and Clay Aiken! Because I just had to reassure myself that "THAT VOICE" was really coming from that guy! And the "looking forward to" was spot on.

Now, I'll close my eyes for a bit to see if I am entertained and enjoy without looking at the performer since I am not a frequent concert goer.
    Yes! I was a big Clay fan back in the day. In my opinion, Clay Aiken and Crystal Bowersox and Adam Lambert all should have won, being more talented, innovative, and ENTERTAINING than those that beat them.
    Debb70 likes this.

I just read that Carrie Underwood was shocked and apparently a Colton fan. This is what I just read she said.

Even Carrie Underwood expressed her shock in a tweet that said, “Colton gone on Idol tonight?!?! What?!?! Really thought I’d see him in the finale…’tis a sad night, indeed.” Carrie also sent a personal message to Colton that said, “@CDixonAI11 Keep your head up! You are SO amazingly talented! God has blessed you so much and will continue to do so!

Hope I was allowed to do that as I do not know how to put a link in. So nice to see that the besides the fans here who liked him that he had support of people in the industry.
    I guess she liked his voice and didn't find it thin or squeaky

I suspect they all have their favorites. I will tune in to Live on Monday. At least Colton listened to the judges. Elise like to argue with them
    BerryCrazy and Jaceegirl like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Ralfdallas View Post
    I respectfully disagree. IMO, should Jessica eventually win, being known as the one who would have been voted out in previous years but for the save will take a bit of shine off their Idol winner, so I don't think the show would want to create that situation deliberately.

You don't hear a lot of 'career rejection'/struggle stories about Whitney, Mariah, Celine, or Christina. The show clearly wants voters to perceive Jessica as a future member of the diva-extraordinaire club, and being voted off in 7th might be enough reason to blackball her from such a list forever.
    All of those singers you mentioned had people who didn't believe in them, with the exception being Whitney......Look at Jennifer Hudson so I see Jessica as being right up there with the greats if she can get the right songs for her voice and some good producers......

Thanks FM I will be definitely watching.
    He was very good! we enjoyed seeing him again
    BerryCrazy likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I guess she liked his voice and didn't find it thin or squeaky

I suspect they all have their favorites. I will tune in to Live on Monday. At least Colton listened to the judges. Elise like to argue with them
    No wonder Carrie's not a music producer or has her own label! Or could be that some folks prefer tiny and squeaky voices

As you said, I am sure everyone has their favorites.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    No wonder Carrie's not a music producer or has her own label! Or could be that some folks prefer tiny and squeaky voices

As you said, I am sure everyone has their favorites.
    Well Jimmy Iovine is a music executive and record producer, is Chairman of Interscope Geffen A&M Records, and this is what he said about Colton, "Colton is really talented, probably one of the most talented kids on this show."

Yes, everyone has their preferences and favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by BerryCrazy View Post
    Well Jimmy Iovine is a music executive and record producer, is Chairman of Interscope Geffen A&M Records, and this is what he said about Colton, "Colton is really talented, probably one of the most talented kids on this show."

Yes, everyone has their preferences and favorites.
    Jimmy says that about all the contestants every year.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Jimmy says that about all the contestants every year.
    I don't agree. I didn't hear him say that about all the contestants this year.

Quote Originally Posted by yourefired View Post
    I think GaGa is this generation's Madonna just like Taylor Swift is this generation's Debbie Gibson.
    I'll respectfully disagree in regards to Taylor Swift. Debbie Gibson was a bubblegum pop singer who didn't do much more than tour shopping malls. Taylor Swift is an amazingly gifted songwriter and performer. If you isolate JUST the voice she may not be the most talented out there today, but she puts the entire package together and it works. I'm a 49 year old woman who enjoys nearly everything she does. I'm also not a parent, but if I had a young daughter I would love for her to look up to someone like Taylor. Snarky Debbie Gibson? Not so much. JMHO.
    MomAt40Pls, Uncle David and JavaJo like this.

+ Reply to Thread