+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819 LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 185
Like Tree179Likes

Thread: 4/19 AI 11 Results Show: the Almost Top 6 **West Coast Spoilers**

  1. #161
    Reality Junkie jsciv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    The OC
    Posts
    1,237

    Re: 4/19 AI 11 Results Show: the Almost Top 6 **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    It's funny how we take things differently. When I heard him say something similar after he was voted off, I was quite impressed.
    Oh, I don't doubt that the song choice was not to his core audience: I just hope he realizes that regardless of beliefs it just wasn't good performance, and THAT IMO is what really did him in. Any other year his core would support him through a lackluster night, but this year with it all so tight he needed a good performance. I believe that had he killed those songs (in the good way) he'd be here and Hollie would be gone, but he just didn't bring it.

  2. #162
    FORT Fan BerryCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    376

    Re: 4/19 AI 11 Results Show: the Almost Top 6 **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Good Points. I agree with most all except for about Colton. I liked him a lot. It's matter of taste IMO. Even if one of your favorites has an off night, you still vote for them right? Maybe that's just me. LOL

    I like Phillip, but just don't care for his voice. I read somewhere that what he is doing with his voice is damaging and that he may not have one long by doing it. I ran across this Dave Matthews video. He sure reminds me of Phillip in voice, style and demeanor. What happened to Dave Matthews voice? Does he still tour and perform?
    Phillip Phillips is Dave Matthews - YouTube

    I know some don't see the similarity, but some don't see any in Madonna and Lady GaGa either. LOL
    I loved Colton this seaon. I looked forward to seeing what he was going to do each week. Haven't been excited about any contestant on AI for a long time so I'm glad he came along. This kid has tremendous talent! He is very creative in changing up the songs every week. How many of the other contestants think about how the drum arrangements are going to be or other parts of the performance? Some people may not have liked his voice, but it was beautiful to me, especially the studio version of Love the Way You Lie. It was a very tender approach, and I have yet to see the other male contestants, or the female ones for that matter, do that this season. Yes, he might not have the strongest voice, but I liked his voice. I think his voice and style of singing will fit the Christian rock genre he wants to be part of. Check out Lifehouse's Jason Wade's voice, or Red, Relient K, The Fray, Tenth Avenue North or Switchfoot.

    Also, as I have posted earlier, yes, I do think last week's drama impacted the voting for this week. America went out full force to make sure Jessica didn't end up at the bottom 3. Who knows if some of Colton's normal votes went to Jessica? The AI producer maybe can't manipulate the actual votes, but the voting itself? For the first time this season, I got a lot of "all circuits are busy" or got a busy signal voting for Colton's number this week. Now, if not too many people were voting for him, I shouldn't gotten that. It never happened in previous weeks when had a lot of votes. I'm suspicous now, and leaning more toward the rigged theory.

  3. #163
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    22,326

    Re: 4/19 AI 11 Results Show: the Almost Top 6 **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by BerryCrazy View Post
    I loved Colton this season. I looked forward to seeing what he was going to do each week. Haven't been excited about any contestant on AI for a long time so I'm glad he came along. This kid has tremendous talent! He is very creative in changing up the songs every week. How many of the other contestants think about how the drum arrangements are going to be or other parts of the performance? Some people may not have liked his voice, but it was beautiful to me, especially the studio version of Love the Way You Lie. It was a very tender approach, and I have yet to see the other male contestants, or the female ones for that matter, do that this season. Yes, he might not have the strongest voice, but I liked his voice. I think his voice and style of singing will fit the Christian rock genre he wants to be part of. Check out Lifehouse's Jason Wade's voice, or Red, Relient K, The Fray, Tenth Avenue North or Switchfoot.

    Also, as I have posted earlier, yes, I do think last week's drama impacted the voting for this week. America went out full force to make sure Jessica didn't end up at the bottom 3. Who knows if some of Colton's normal votes went to Jessica? The AI producer maybe can't manipulate the actual votes, but the voting itself? For the first time this season, I got a lot of "all circuits are busy" or got a busy signal voting for Colton's number this week. Now, if not too many people were voting for him, I shouldn't gotten that. It never happened in previous weeks when had a lot of votes. I'm suspicious now, and leaning more toward the rigged theoryy.
    Colton is on Live with Kelly on Monday. I will tune in and see what he has to say. I think if he works with a good vocal coach, we will be hearing about Colton Dixon As to your theory , you are not alone
    BerryCrazy and Jaceegirl like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  4. #164
    Unhinged Paradox Magnum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    432

    Re: 4/19 AI 11 Results Show: the Almost Top 6 **West Coast Spoilers**

    Good riddance, Colton. He was incredibly fake, with a generic, whiny voice, and it didn't help that last week he seemed to be trying to rip off Adam Lambert or something.
    NFL1 likes this.

  5. #165
    FORT Fogey TeacherLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Out in the boonies of NC
    Posts
    1,282

    Re: 4/19 AI 11 Results Show: the Almost Top 6 **West Coast Spoilers**

    Well said, murphytoo! That is how I vote, also. Who entertains me? Who makes me stare riveted to the screen for the whole performance? Who makes me look forward to next week's show to see what he/she will do next? Not who is technically perfect or who can copy a star's performance of the song right down to the last note? (Jessica, most of the time.)

    I found Colton entertaining on most nights and enjoyed his artistry. I think he should have lasted longer than both Elise and Hollie. (JMO)

    Many of those you named above were also my favorites -- Crystal and especially ADAM!

    My favorites this year, for the above reasons, are Joshua and Skylar.
    Last edited by TeacherLady; 04-21-2012 at 11:12 AM.
    BerryCrazy likes this.

  6. #166
    FORT Fogey Jaceegirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,225

    Re: 4/19 AI 11 Results Show: the Almost Top 6 **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by BerryCrazy View Post
    I loved Colton this seaon. I looked forward to seeing what he was going to do each week. Haven't been excited about any contestant on AI for a long time so I'm glad he came along. This kid has tremendous talent! He is very creative in changing up the songs every week. How many of the other contestants think about how the drum arrangements are going to be or other parts of the performance? Some people may not have liked his voice, but it was beautiful to me, especially the studio version of Love the Way You Lie. It was a very tender approach, and I have yet to see the other male contestants, or the female ones for that matter, do that this season. Yes, he might not have the strongest voice, but I liked his voice. I think his voice and style of singing will fit the Christian rock genre he wants to be part of. Check out Lifehouse's Jason Wade's voice, or Red, Relient K, The Fray, Tenth Avenue North or Switchfoot.

    Also, as I have posted earlier, yes, I do think last week's drama impacted the voting for this week. America went out full force to make sure Jessica didn't end up at the bottom 3. Who knows if some of Colton's normal votes went to Jessica? The AI producer maybe can't manipulate the actual votes, but the voting itself? For the first time this season, I got a lot of "all circuits are busy" or got a busy signal voting for Colton's number this week. Now, if not too many people were voting for him, I shouldn't gotten that. It never happened in previous weeks when had a lot of votes. I'm suspicous now, and leaning more toward the rigged theory.
    I agree wholeheartedly with your entire post. I felt the same excitement about Colton and looked forward to what he was going to perform each week. We have not had a contestant on AI for a long time that was able to do what Colton could. It does take tremendous talent and creativity to take a song and be able to change it completely and make it your own. Not just the words, but as you mentioned the drum arrangements and other aspects of a performance. That is the mark of a true artist. I hear the judges tell the contestants that is what they need to do and yet I did not see that from the other contestants. I so wanted them to give Colton a standing ovation for Piano Man or Love the Way You Lie. They gave him praise, but not the standing ovation. Colton will be someone I will be following and I do think he will have a successful career in the Christian rock genre or whatever dreams he wants to pursue. I am excited for him and do believe that he will be successful and we will be seeing and hearing him a lot in the future.

    I have posted my same thoughts about the impact of the drama of the previous week and not trusting the voting system. I mentioned my experience with S8 and Adam Lambert and now that you mentioned how you got busy signals, circuits are busy, etc., for Colton, I realized that the same thing happened to me. I was assuming Colton was safe because of the teen population. After all Jimmy had told us he had their support. Now I say "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me."
    Last edited by Jaceegirl; 04-21-2012 at 12:11 PM.
    BerryCrazy likes this.

  7. #167
    FORT Fogey Jaceegirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,225

    Re: 4/19 AI 11 Results Show: the Almost Top 6 **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Colton is on Live with Kelly on Monday. I will tune in and see what he has to say. I think if he works with a good vocal coach, we will be hearing about Colton Dixon As to your theory , you are not alone
    Thanks FM I will be definitely watching.

  8. #168
    FORT Fan BerryCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    376

    Re: 4/19 AI 11 Results Show: the Almost Top 6 **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Colton is on Live with Kelly on Monday. I will tune in and see what he has to say. I think if he works with a good vocal coach, we will be hearing about Colton Dixon As to your theory , you are not alone
    Yup, I saw they mentioned that on Live with Kelly and set my DVR to record that. Let me know if you hear of other appearances.

  9. #169
    FORT Fogey Jaceegirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,225

    Re: 4/19 AI 11 Results Show: the Almost Top 6 **West Coast Spoilers**

    I just read that Carrie Underwood was shocked and apparently a Colton fan. This is what I just read she said.

    Even Carrie Underwood expressed her shock in a tweet that said, “Colton gone on Idol tonight?!?! What?!?! Really thought I’d see him in the finale…’tis a sad night, indeed.” Carrie also sent a personal message to Colton that said, “@CDixonAI11 Keep your head up! You are SO amazingly talented! God has blessed you so much and will continue to do so!

    Hope I was allowed to do that as I do not know how to put a link in. So nice to see that the besides the fans here who liked him that he had support of people in the industry.

  10. #170
    FORT Aficionado echo226's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Stuck in the Middle
    Posts
    8,645

    Re: 4/19 AI 11 Results Show: the Almost Top 6 **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by TeacherLady View Post
    ... Who entertains me? Who makes me stare riveted to the screen for the whole performance? Who makes me look forward to next week's show to see what he/she will do next? Not who is technically perfect or who can copy a star's performance of the song right down to the last note?

    Aaaah! The way you put that reminded me of the good old days and Clay Aiken! Because I just had to reassure myself that "THAT VOICE" was really coming from that guy! And the "looking forward to" was spot on.

    Now, I'll close my eyes for a bit to see if I am entertained and enjoy without looking at the performer since I am not a frequent concert goer.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

    " The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.