+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree179Likes

Thread: 4/19 AI 11 Results Show: the Almost Top 6 **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 4/19 AI 11 Results Show: the Almost Top 6 **West Coast Spoilers**

I don't get the relationship. How do they know each other? Of course people can say anything. I was waiting for Oprah to mentor with Jimmy on the Motown songs ( which was really Soul Train)....somebody posted that here. **sigh**

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    I don't get the relationship. How do they know each other? Of course people can say anything. I was waiting for Oprah to mentor with Jimmy on the Motown songs ( which was really Soul Train)....somebody posted that here. **sigh**
    James and Colton have a friendship.. I have a friend on face book that saw they might have Colton come on stage with James. Who knows. I like them both so it would be good for me
    Lil Bit and murphytoo like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I was curious how. Did they know each other before the show...same town? College?

I don't have clue. I guess you can use google and find out. There are some tweets to one another apparently

This isn't going to change Colton's music. I don't see anything wrong if they hook up for one night
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 04-20-2012 at 01:41 PM.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    I'm not surprised at all that Colton went home. His version of Bad Romance was beyond atrocious. September was a clever arrangement but so far in the whiny Emo zone I could barely stand it. I'm not a fan of Emo - in my day it was relegated to the college radio stations where it firmly belonged. Plus I'm almost certain that Colton and Philip were splitting votes and P2 had way more charisma in his performances.

I suspect that Hollie and Jessica may be splitting the diva/belter votes as well which is why they are struggling. I'm more a fan of Hollie but her "Son of a Preacher Man" was missing the underlying sexuality required to properly get the message of that song across.
    I kept saying Colton's voice sounded light and "tinny" which is the only word I could think of to describe it.

I also favor Hollie, but in a way SOAPM is age appropriate, but expressions like "makin' time" wouldn't be clear to her. I actually did notice that the first time she sang "the only boy who could ever teach me"... she made a gesture with her hand to her chest/heart and had a look on her face that was a little ... hmmm ... sultry maybe? Sexy is not a word I would use to describe Hollie ... she's girl next door like Carrie.

I am disappointed that she was B2 because I think she is getting better each week. It's likely because of the vote splitting, possible power voting for Jessica ... and maybe when they had the message from the Liverpool athletes, she referred to that as "home" and in the words of Seacrest .... "this is American Idol"!

Maybe next week Jessica can split her votes with her alter ego, .... ya' think?
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Good Points. I agree with most all except for about Colton. I liked him a lot. It's matter of taste IMO. Even if one of your favorites has an off night, you still vote for them right? Maybe that's just me. LOL

I like Phillip, but just don't care for his voice. I read somewhere that what he is doing with his voice is damaging and that he may not have one long by doing it. I ran across this Dave Matthews video. He sure reminds me of Phillip in voice, style and demeanor. What happened to Dave Matthews voice? Does he still tour and perform?
    Phillip Phillips is Dave Matthews - YouTube

I know some don't see the similarity, but some don't see any in Madonna and Lady GaGa either. LOL
    Deb70 maybe it is just me, but I did like Colton and did vote for him. I go by all their performances, not just the performance of that particular night. If I implied that I did not like or vote for Colton then I apologize. Either that or I am too dense today to understand. lol If I am understanding you correctly then both of us liked Colton and voted for him. I guess others did not for whatever reason. Maybe other people vote differently than you and I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    Deb70 maybe it is just me, but I did like Colton and did vote for him. I go by all their performances, not just the performance of that particular night. If I implied that I did not like or vote for Colton then I apologize. Either that or I am too dense today to understand. lol If I am understanding you correctly then both of us liked Colton and voted for him. I guess others did not for whatever reason. Maybe other people vote differently than you and I do.
    Oh, no problem. I must have misunderstood. Maybe I'm crazy, but I thought Colton got better each week. I was not disappointed in his performance Wednesday night as many were. And even if he were off that night, then I expect his fans to still vote for him. And if they did vote for him then why wouldn't he be safe? He got more votes than 3 others the week before. IT's such a stinking mystery.

I know everybody says that the good performers will do fine and have a great career, even if they did leave early, but I just think the closer you can get to winning the better. The number 2 spot appears pretty sweet.

I think those that came in 3rd place or lower, really had to fight hard to make it. I think that Kellie, Chris D., Bucky, and a few more really had to have lots of drive and unyielding work ethic to make it as far as they have.
    Jaceegirl likes this.

Oh, no problem. I must have misunderstood. Maybe I'm crazy, but I thought Colton got better each week. I was not disappointed in his performance Wednesday night as many were. And even if he were off that night, then I expect his fans to still vote for him. And if they did vote for him then why wouldn't he be safe? He got more votes than 3 others the week before. IT's such a stinking mystery.

I know everybody says that the good performers will do fine and have a great career, even if they did leave early, but I just think the closer you can get to winning the better. The number 2 spot appears pretty sweet.

I think those that came in 3rd place or lower, really had to fight hard to make it. I think that Kellie, Chris D., Bucky, and a few more really had to have lots of drive and unyielding work ethic to make it as far as they have.
    Jennifer Hudson went out early She's done okay
    Debb70 and Jaceegirl like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

I also favor Hollie, but in a way SOAPM is age appropriate, but expressions like "makin' time" wouldn't be clear to her. I actually did notice that the first time she sang "the only boy who could ever teach me"... she made a gesture with her hand to her chest/heart and had a look on her face that was a little ... hmmm ... sultry maybe? Sexy is not a word I would use to describe Hollie ... she's girl next door like Carrie.
    I agree that Hollie can't be pictured as sexy, but neither can I picture Jessica in this way. These girls are both young.

I am disappointed that she was B2 because I think she is getting better each week. It's likely because of the vote splitting, possible power voting for Jessica ... and maybe when they had the message from the Liverpool athletes, she referred to that as "home" and in the words of Seacrest .... "this is American Idol"!
    I don't know why that would turn American Idol voters off because we end up embracing so many artists that are not from this country. Look at Adele. First one that came to my mind. I don't know what makes people turned off. For me, that is a good question.
    Debb70 likes this.

Thanks Deb. I totally agree with you and I think we are on the same page. I am going to miss Colton and like you I did not think his performance was off that night. I enjoyed both of them. I thought the judges were off, but what's new.

One thing I do know regarding both Kellie and Bucky is that country music embraces their artists a lot more than the other worlds. I have a lot of variety in my music tastes. One of them also being country music. These days you see a lot of cross over between the Pop world, rock world, etc. You never saw that before. Since I have also loved country music for years I just know they are like family to each other.
    Debb70 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread