+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree179Likes

Thread: 4/19 AI 11 Results Show: the Almost Top 6 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 4/19 AI 11 Results Show: the Almost Top 6 **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    I'm not surprised at all that Colton went home. His version of Bad Romance was beyond atrocious. September was a clever arrangement but so far in the whiny Emo zone I could barely stand it. I'm not a fan of Emo - in my day it was relegated to the college radio stations where it firmly belonged. Plus I'm almost certain that Colton and Philip were splitting votes and P2 had way more charisma in his performances.

I suspect that Hollie and Jessica may be splitting the diva/belter votes as well which is why they are struggling. I'm more a fan of Hollie but her "Son of a Preacher Man" was missing the underlying sexuality required to properly get the message of that song across.
    You nailed Colton's style perfectly. I couldn't find a way to describe it, but whiny Emo fits it to a T. I didn't really like the September arrangement. It's a feel good, upbeat party song, and that's how it should remain imho. I think Colton is a great kid, I just don't like his musical stylings for the most part.
    Eastcoastmom likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Colton going home last night was a big surprise to me. I did like him because I like it when contestants are able to change songs to make it their own. He had a lot of creativity with his performances that a lot of the others do not. I was and still am a huge Adam Lambert fan. I am not saying voice wise, but the creativity of Colton's performance reminded me of Adam. I did look forward each week to see Colton perform. I also found him to be respectful to the judges. The comment he made about not caring about what the judges said from the performance night I do not remember seeing aired until last night. Colton's performance of Piano Man I thought deserved a standing ovation, but the judges were too busy giving them to their favorites so I am sure Colton felt he could not please the judges. I also thought because of what Jimmy said that the teens were in love with him and Phillip and I thought he was safe. I do think the judges save and drama of last week had a lot to do with the voting this week and this had an impact on the voting last night. Fans of Jessica, Joshua, Hollie and Elise most likely concentrated on them and Colton was forgotten about.

I actually do think the drama of last week was created by the producers to ensure that their chosen ones were safe. The judges clearly prefer Jessica, Joshua, Phillip and Elise. They are trying anything to get Elsie to be more liked by the voters. They wanted a connection for her with mentioning her dog and giving her extra air time. I am so sick of these judges, producers and schemes to sway things to get what they want. Even Jimmy having a light bulb moment regarding Jessica singing songs that are too old for her. He is going to fix that now. Please Jimmy and I am not saying Jimmy is bad, but please do not insult our intelligence. How many people have said that from the beginning and he just realized it now. I think Simon would have said that from the beginning. I am sorry you can call me cynical, but this is the way I feel.

I was on the fence of watching AI this year. It is not the AI that I use to love. I do not like the judges and I do not like the drama filled show it has become. I know they would never want Colton to win and I did not expect him to. To go from never being in the B3 to home was IMO because of the fake drama created last week. For the first time Ryan announced the number of votes at being 53 million votes. Do you remember the years when Ryan announced the numbers each and every week and the numbers were much higher than this. I think they have lost a lot of viewers and would not stop at anything to make sure their ratings are up. So these judges who have shown me that they do not have the ability to really judge got what they wanted. They were very happy last night - in their eyes America got it right because their precious favorites were kept safe. When their favorites were in the B3 last week America got it wrong. They never did apologize to America. Why should they in their eyes. They got exactly what they wanted. Controversy was created and it obviously turned into more viewers watching and more votes cast.

I mentioned that I am a huge Adam Lambert fan. I understand that he is suppose to be performing in an upcoming show. I know you are not all fans, but that is one show that I will turn on because I do enjoy him. Of all the contestants left I know the other ones that I do enjoy do not have a chance of winning so they will be eliminated very quickly. IMO Jessica and Joshua will be the F2 and I would not buy any of their music. I am not saying they don't have talent, but just not my type of music that I like to listen to. I agree with others talking about how much music has changed. LMFAO is a great example of what is popular today. They may be a fun, party group, but just not my taste. Again, JMO and would like to say that I will miss Colton for the creativity and music he brought each week.

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie View Post
    I'm sad to see Colten go. I really liked him and can't wait to see what he puts out when he gets a deal.

My favorites are Philip and Elise.
    I will be interested to see where his career path takes him. Hopefully something with his friend James Durbin( as rumored).

Elise puzzles me. She is good, but I don't like her after she has sung. P2, I like him without the guitar Jimmy didn't with the guitar he's all comfy and does weird faces lol
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 04-20-2012 at 12:20 PM.
    murphytoo likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I wouldn't say it is impossible for there to have been a mistake with the votes, but I don't think they can legally manipulate the votes. There are laws that regulate how public contest are handled and there are legal contracts, not only with the contestants, but with the sponsors about the policies and regulations of the program and voting tallies. Plus I think the liability is too great to misrepresent the votes. This is JMO. If I run across more detailed info that supports the fact that, I'll post it.

Do you recall the seasons prior that Ryan would announce people in the bottom, but he would word it in such a way that it didn't necessarily mean they were ACTUALLY in the bottom? That was done for drama. I don't think they have done that at all this season. I guess the true vote results has been dramatic enough.
    Good points about the legal issues. And yes, I do know in the past Ryan has given results in carefully worded ways. I haven't noticed that this season yet either. It's just difficult to see someone as the lowest vote-getter one week, then the next week not even in the B3. It would be nice to get the actual vote tally, but I suppose that would take too much drama out of it...they like to keep us guessing and wondering!
    Debb70 likes this.

I actually do think the drama of last week was created by the producers to ensure that their chosen ones were safe. The judges clearly prefer Jessica, Joshua, Phillip and Elise. They are trying anything to get Elsie to be more liked by the voters. They wanted a connection for her with mentioning her dog and giving her extra air time. I am so sick of these judges, producers and schemes to sway things to get what they want. Even Jimmy having a light bulb moment regarding Jessica singing songs that are too old for her. He is going to fix that now. Please Jimmy and I am not saying Jimmy is bad, but please do not insult our intelligence. How many people have said that from the beginning and he just realized it now. I think Simon would have said that from the beginning. I am sorry you can call me cynical, but this is the way I feel.
    Wasn't that phony and ridiculous!! If The Jimmy is so great, how did he not know the songs were too old for her.

They make it all up as they go along! and insult us. LOL Great post BtW! all of it
    Debb70 and Jaceegirl like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

It is probably best for Colton that he didn't win this show because I know he wants to be a Christian artist and I also know he'll be a great one! If Phillip wins and I'm sincerely hoping he doesn't but I feel like after this year I am done with this show now anyway I don't really see him going anywhere, a big part of his performances is looking at him, his faces, weird dancing.. etc.. his voice itself is so 'average' to me..
    Realitychick, Debb70 and Jaceegirl like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    Colton going home last night was a big surprise to me. I did like him because I like it when contestants are able to change songs to make it their own. He had a lot of creativity with his performances that a lot of the others do not. I was and still am a huge Adam Lambert fan. I am not saying voice wise, but the creativity of Colton's performance reminded me of Adam. I did look forward each week to see Colton perform. I also found him to be respectful to the judges. The comment he made about not caring about what the judges said from the performance night I do not remember seeing aired until last night. Colton's performance of Piano Man I thought deserved a standing ovation, but the judges were too busy giving them to their favorites so I am sure Colton felt he could not please the judges. I also thought because of what Jimmy said that the teens were in love with him and Phillip and I thought he was safe. I do think the judges save and drama of last week had a lot to do with the voting this week and this had an impact on the voting last night. Fans of Jessica, Joshua, Hollie and Elise most likely concentrated on them and Colton was forgotten about.

I was on the fence of watching AI this year. It is not the AI that I use to love. I do not like the judges and I do not like the drama filled show it has become. I know they would never want Colton to win and I did not expect him to. To go from never being in the B3 to home was IMO because of the fake drama created last week. For the first time Ryan announced the number of votes at being 53 million votes. Do you remember the years when Ryan announced the numbers each and every week and the numbers were much higher than this. I think they have lost a lot of viewers and would not stop at anything to make sure their ratings are up. So these judges who have shown me that they do not have the ability to really judge got what they wanted. They were very happy last night - in their eyes America got it right because their precious favorites were kept safe. When their favorites were in the B3 last week America got it wrong. They never did apologize to America. Why should they in their eyes. They got exactly what they wanted. Controversy was created and it obviously turned into more viewers watching and more votes cast.

I mentioned that I am a huge Adam Lambert fan. I understand that he is suppose to be performing in an upcoming show. I know you are not all fans, but that is one show that I will turn on because I do enjoy him. Of all the contestants left I know the other ones that I do enjoy do not have a chance of winning so they will be eliminated very quickly. IMO Jessica and Joshua will be the F2 and I would not buy any of their music. I am not saying they don't have talent, but just not my type of music that I like to listen to. I agree with others talking about how much music has changed. LMFAO is a great example of what is popular today. They may be a fun, party group, but just not my taste. Again, JMO and would like to say that I will miss Colton for the creativity and music he brought each week.
    Good Points. I agree with most all except for about Colton. I liked him a lot. It's matter of taste IMO. Even if one of your favorites has an off night, you still vote for them right? Maybe that's just me. LOL

I like Phillip, but just don't care for his voice. I read somewhere that what he is doing with his voice is damaging and that he may not have one long by doing it. I ran across this Dave Matthews video. He sure reminds me of Phillip in voice, style and demeanor. What happened to Dave Matthews voice? Does he still tour and perform?
    Phillip Phillips is Dave Matthews - YouTube

I know some don't see the similarity, but some don't see any in Madonna and Lady GaGa either. LOL
    Last edited by Debb70; 04-20-2012 at 12:37 PM.
    Jaceegirl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Madison_2008 View Post
    It is probably best for Colton that he didn't win this show because I know he wants to be a Christian artist and I also know he'll be a great one! If Phillip wins and I'm sincerely hoping he doesn't but I feel like after this year I am done with this show now anyway I don't really see him going anywhere, a big part of his performances is looking at him, his faces, weird dancing.. etc.. his voice itself is so 'average' to me..
    I've been saying this for a long time, but I really do believe it. They don't care who wins the show. The show is just about the show and nothing else. Once the show is over, if the winner or anyone else goes on to have sucess, then they will have them back for performances on the next season. However, it's just a reality show and shouldn't be taken seriously by any of us - least of all the contestants. If they would take that attitude and go out and just have fun, they'd probably do a lot better than trying to overthink it. The producers love the drama, always have, even when Simon was in charge. If there isn't any drama, they will create some. That's one reason they shouldn't have such young people on the show, they're too young to know they're just being screwed with.
    sunnydayz likes this.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I will be interested to see where his career path takes him. Hopefully something with his friend James Durbin( as rumored).
    Colton is headed for Christian music, like I mentioned elsewhere on this thread. Here is what he said in an interview after last nights results.

As for his own plans, Dixon's path has been preordained.

"I want to do Christian music. That's where my heart's at," he said. "I'm just excited to share a gift that God gave me, and it's all on his timing. I just gotta let go and trust that he's gonna do good things with me. I know he will."

And it sounds like he'll also have some help from one of the Idol judges.

"Randy [Jackson], who has worked with a couple of Christian acts, said, 'Dude, whatever you do, let me know and we'll make it happen,' " said Dixon. "I love that."

I wish him all the best of luck!
    xmaskat, Debb70 and Jaceegirl like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Thanks for posting this mesachick!
    I'm glad that Colton has plans to go into Contemporary Christian music, I think he will really do well there. When I read someone saying he might join forces with James Durbin, I was in shock. That would be a stupid move for Colton IMO.

+ Reply to Thread