+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree179Likes

Thread: 4/19 AI 11 Results Show: the Almost Top 6 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 4/19 AI 11 Results Show: the Almost Top 6 **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Ralfdallas View Post
    I respectfully disagree. IMO, should Jessica eventually win, being known as the one who would have been voted out in previous years but for the save will take a bit of shine off their Idol winner, so I don't think the show would want to create that situation deliberately.

You don't hear a lot of 'career rejection'/struggle stories about Whitney, Mariah, Celine, or Christina. The show clearly wants voters to perceive Jessica as a future member of the diva-extraordinaire club, and being voted off in 7th might be enough reason to blackball her from such a list forever.
    Actually if Jessica wins being in the bottom three and being voted off would show she is a survivor and she managed to find a way to the finale.It would show she was able to get pass backlash voting against her to prove a point to some judges whose thoughts don't pick the winner anyhow. ymmv
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I'm not surprised at all that Colton went home. His version of Bad Romance was beyond atrocious. September was a clever arrangement but so far in the whiny Emo zone I could barely stand it. I'm not a fan of Emo - in my day it was relegated to the college radio stations where it firmly belonged. Plus I'm almost certain that Colton and Philip were splitting votes and P2 had way more charisma in his performances.

I suspect that Hollie and Jessica may be splitting the diva/belter votes as well which is why they are struggling. I'm more a fan of Hollie but her "Son of a Preacher Man" was missing the underlying sexuality required to properly get the message of that song across.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

I'm so sad that Colton went home. I just don't get it. Seeing my favorite two in the bottom was so heartbreaking.

I just pray that Hollie can hang in there. The way things are going, she may be in the top next week. I can't figure out how you bounce back and forth so drastically. Except for Elise, who seems to be just above going home every week. I can't imagine how she must feel. How many weeks has she been in the bottom 3?

Hollie could not stop crying and Phillip couldn't even stand up. I think losing those that are so close is really taking its toil.

If Hollie does go home soon. I think I might just take a break from the show. I'm not enjoying it the way I used to.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    Huh? Casey was booted 11th and was saved by the judges. Two weeks later Pia was booted by America with no more judges save to fall back on because it was used on Casey so early. Casey outlasted 2 or 3 others after that.
    Thank you for the correction. My memory was from the finale and the "most shocking" bit. Sorry to have lead with false information.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 04-20-2012 at 11:17 AM.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post
    Before I start reading the boards.....I was so upset Colton was sent home. It was shocking! I just don't get it. Has there ever been a season where the B3 vary so drastically week to week? Either last week was all staged by the producers and the judges and the B3 wasn't really the B3 or the show is rigged. Even my husband thinks it. Which says a lot.
    Is it possible Jessica wasn't really the lowest vote-getter last week? That it was just staged for drama since the judges still had the save available? I'm really starting to wonder.
    luvlady345 and Jaceegirl like this.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    I'm not surprised at all that Colton went home. His version of Bad Romance was beyond atrocious. September was a clever arrangement but so far in the whiny Emo zone I could barely stand it. I'm not a fan of Emo - in my day it was relegated to the college radio stations where it firmly belonged. Plus I'm almost certain that Colton and Philip were splitting votes and P2 had way more charisma in his performances.

I suspect that Hollie and Jessica may be splitting the diva/belter votes as well which is why they are struggling. I'm more a fan of Hollie but her "Son of a Preacher Man" was missing the underlying sexuality required to properly get the message of that song across.
    I'm not a big fan of either, and ITA re: missing undercurrent of sexuality in Preacher Man -- that song is sultry, and sultry is as yet beyond Hollie's capacity. I did think she did a great job on Rolling in the Deep (the best (IMO) Adele cover that any singing comp live show contestant has managed this year. And, as doing a great job on an Adele song is apparently much easier said than done, I think she deserved to stay over Colton who was meh this week on both songs).

When it gets to top 7 on Idol, they're (almost) always strong singers w/big fan base. So week to week, someone good is going to go home, and if a performer didn't slay either of their songs, certainly he/she is subject to going home because they won't carry the uncommitted swing vote viewers who are up for grabs every week because they vote show to show based on performance. I am such as swing vote viewer -- I've voted for every one of this years top 7 at some point or another. But I do it based on what they sound like on show day today, and not on how awesome they were between weeks 2-6.

If you think about it, politics presents analogously. Both big parties have huge pools of loyal voters -- solid dems who almost always vote dem, and solid republicans who almost always vote republican. But the one who gets the undecided voters on election day is thereafter addressed as Mr. President.
    Last edited by Ralfdallas; 04-20-2012 at 11:28 AM.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

I'm sad to see Colten go. I really liked him and can't wait to see what he puts out when he gets a deal.

My favorites are Philip and Elise.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

I think everyone wonders that at least a bit. My thought though is why not wait until this week to pull it out? This is the last week they could use the save, and we know they were going to use it because they lost Jermaine earlier in the season and needed to fill an extra week.

The thing is the divas don't usually do that well on this show. Jennifer Hudson was booted 7th. Pia was booted 7th. I think people look at Jessica and see a Diana Degarmo type -- talented but too young to be relevant. They don't think she'll do any more post idol that Diana so they either don't vote or vote for someone they think might do well. I actually agree with her. There are many stories of popular 17 year old singers who are irrelevant or very niche by the time they're 27. See Debbie Gibson and Tiffany. There are far more of those stories than of the Michael Jackson and Stevie Wonder stories.

Jessica is the perfect example of why teens should wait for a career. Honestly I would like to have seen Diana, John Stevens, and even Carmen on this show now to see how they'd grown instead of seeing them when we did. I still may not have been a fan, but at least I'd be watching people I could relate to more. Idol's minimum age should be 19 not 15.

At least it seemed like the judges are finally getting that it's not Jessica's voice but her that America isn't responding to. Jennifer said as much the other night. They're still going to shove her down our throats but I think a light has clicked on as to why we just might spit it back in their faces.
    murphytoo and ilja like this.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

Quote Originally Posted by sunnydayz View Post
    Is it possible Jessica wasn't really the lowest vote-getter last week? That it was just staged for drama since the judges still had the save available? I'm really starting to wonder.
    I wouldn't say it is impossible for there to have been a mistake with the votes, but I don't think they can legally manipulate the votes. There are laws that regulate how public contest are handled and there are legal contracts, not only with the contestants, but with the sponsors about the policies and regulations of the program and voting tallies. Plus I think the liability is too great to misrepresent the votes. This is JMO. If I run across more detailed info that supports the fact that, I'll post it.

Do you recall the seasons prior that Ryan would announce people in the bottom, but he would word it in such a way that it didn't necessarily mean they were ACTUALLY in the bottom? That was done for drama. I don't think they have done that at all this season. I guess the true vote results has been dramatic enough.
    AsIs likes this.

FORT Fogey

So Phillip is the ony one not in the bottom three yet ( although winners have been there in previous seasons). Skylar has been there once. Jessica once, Hollie and Elise numerous times and Joshua 1 or 2?

Now I thought I saw somethng interesting.
    If the contestant is given some special attention during the show, does that affect the vote? ----for example
    Hollie got the "visit" from the Liverpool team, Ryan gave Elise all kinds of sympathy and Colton had his sister on the stage ---- and all in the bottom

The previous week, was that when Fantasia sang HB to Joshua, Elise got a "visit" from some film star and I don't recall anything with Jessica
    and all three in the bottom.

I just thought that was interesting but I can't recall back if that was true earlier.
    Last edited by ibot2much; 04-20-2012 at 11:37 AM.

+ Reply to Thread