+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree179Likes

Thread: 4/19 AI 11 Results Show: the Almost Top 6 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 4/19 AI 11 Results Show: the Almost Top 6 **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders View Post
    I'm so sad that Colton had to go tonight. He was such a sweet kid and had some great performances. It's a shame that the judges never gave him a standing ovation, as they have for every other person left. He certainly deserved one for "Piano Man"!
    My favorite now is Joshua. I really don't want Jessica to win because of the judges' crap. I can't stand them!
    Yeah, I was looking for them to give him the standing ovation tonight, especially tonight. He deserved it, as after Piano Man and Love the Way You Lie. Can't stand them either!!! Not watching anymore. Well, I'll have watch the finale and put up with them since Colton probably would be performing with the Top 10.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I have a hard time believing he had a fanbase that kept him out of the B3 and tonight he goes after one bad song?
    Isn't that pretty much what happened to Jessica last week? And she didn't even have a bad song.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Will Jessica's vulnerability and youth keep her in the competition or will the same result take place? Remember last year's save when Casey Abrams went home the following week? This year, however, is different with different competitors, so the result may differ. Okay...let the FILLER begin. Oh, and Kris Allen is singing his new song tonight.

The threads will reopen after the west coast airing of the show.
    Huh? Casey was booted 11th and was saved by the judges. Two weeks later Pia was booted by America with no more judges save to fall back on because it was used on Casey so early. Casey outlasted 2 or 3 others after that.

Jessica should have been bottom with that Turn the Beat around performance. It was her worst.
    BerryCrazy likes this.

Correction: I watched the video clip, JLo and Randy stood up before started singing, and all of them gave him a standing ovation at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I'm rooting for Philip. There...I said it. I like his voice and his music styling. Then again I listen to mostly alternative music and that's where he fits.
    Me too, he is the only one that I've downloaded this season. He has elements of Jack Johnson to his voice and I just adore that man. Plus I can see him putting out a Plain White Tee's type of album with some really freaky songs (like Cirque Dans La Rue...my current favorite song) on it that allows him to do the crazy that he does so well. I think he's doing a great job on these covers and can't wait to hear what he does with his own songs.
    murphytoo likes this.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    Huh? Casey was booted 11th and was saved by the judges. Two weeks later Pia was booted by America with no more judges save to fall back on because it was used on Casey so early. Casey outlasted 2 or 3 others after that.
    Thank you. I was going to post this. Casey being saved was part of what made Pia's boot so "shocking" (I hated Pia and loved Casey, so not so shocking to me). I think the save was created to do exactly what it has done for both Casey and Jessica... when voters get complacent, they may ease back on voting. Then the shock of their favorite being nearly eliminated wakes them up and makes them vote like crazy again. I don't expect to see Jessica in the bottom 3 again unless she really stinks up her songs, and Jimmy's not going to let that happen.
    NFL1 and luvlady345 like this.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Ralfdallas View Post
    Isn't that pretty much what happened to Jessica last week? And she didn't even have a bad song.
    Yes, and I said I thought that whole thing was a setup
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I know.If he was up against this lot, he would never have won. Against Adam he had a chance Adam was gay,cant have a gay idol!!AI isn't ready for that.Kris is nice, but his voice was so bloody pitchy tonight.

I think Colton will be fine, I have a hard time believing he had a fanbase that kept him out of the B3 and tonight he goes after one bad song? hmm suspicious imho. But I am not going to vent that thought again, even though I believe they pick and choose.
    I totally disagree that Adam didn't win because he was openly gay. I think Adam didn't win because not everybody enjoyed his screaming style of music. I didn't - although I did enjoy him as a person, I couldn't stand his singing. Kris wouldn't have been my choice for winner, but neither would Adam have been. In any case, it's a moot point who won as it is every season. It's what they make of their opportunities post idol, and apparently Adam is doing just fine.
    NFL1, Lil Bit, luvlady345 and 2 others like this.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by BerryCrazy View Post
    Another thought, the judges must be very proud of themselves now that their precious Jessica is safe and one of her major competition is out of the picture. I believe they have been trying to manipulate the votes for awhile. No standing ovation for Colton in of his his stand out performances, even though the audience gave him one. They seem set on crowning a female as the winner this year, namely Jessica. However, now that Colton is gone, Phillip will probably benefit in getting the votes that usually went to Colton. I won't be watching anymore. I'm just sick to my stomach of the judges pimping their favorites.
    They try to manipulate the votes every season, but it rarely works. People like who they like, and vote for who they want. I personally thought Colton was one of the weakest, most of the time I found his voice not very pleasant to listen to. Others who were better went home before him. There is no similarity whatsoever between Colton and Phillip, so I don't see why Colton's fan base would switch over to Phillip. Who knows what will happen now? It was kind of surprising that this is the first week Colton was in the b3 and he goes home, while Elise and Hollie have permanent seats over there and they are still here?
    NFL1, mesachick and Debb70 like this.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

+ Reply to Thread