+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425 LastLast
Like Tree135Likes

Thread: 4/18 AI 11 Performance Show: Top 7 Redux **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 4/18 AI 11 Performance Show: Top 7 Redux **West Coast Spoilers**

I was glad that Hollie performed so well. I think it almost killed the judges to have to give her positive comments about it. Still, Jennifer and Steven managed to throw some darts.

I thought everyone sang their hearts out. I actually enjoyed most all of them. There are a few whose style or voice I don't care for. I'm sure those who like them, thought they were great. There are just not my cup of tea. One I don't care for is Phillip. I would like for him to just sing in his normal tone of voice. He puts that thing in his voice and it annoys me. Does anyone know what I am talking about? Alanis Morrisette does it with her voice too. I used to think it was natural, but then I saw video of her as a teen singing, before she became famous and she did NOT have that thing in her voice. It's done intentionally to set her apart from other singers. I like it on her, but not on Phillip. I'm not sure if Dave Matthews' is natural or not.

I LOVED how Skylar walked so confidently down those stairs. She saved us from those 8 inch heels that make the singer looked injured and scared they are going to fall. LOVED she wore her boots and looked so relaxed. I like her performances too, although, I still don't think she has the best voice. I always look forward to seeing her. There is nothing she won't try!

My favorites: Hollie, Colton and Skylar
    Least favorites: Phillip, Jessica and Elise
    Jaceegirl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post
    I know last night wasn't Colton's best but I still really him. Along with P2 and Skylar. Holly did much better than Jessica last night. I think this is all too much for Jessica. She needs a couple more maturity years behind her. I do think Elise has a unique voice but there is something I don't like about her.
    I agree with you. I do like Colton as well. I like the way he is able to change songs. Last night's performance may not have been as good as the previous ones, but I still hope he is there. Skylar may not have the best voice, but I find her to be a true entertainer. She has that spunk about her. P2 was better last night and another entertainer. I thought Hollie was very good last night. Joshua is a good singer and entertainer, but I just don't care for his music. I was never a Fantasia fan and he reminds me of her singing so that is why I can't appreciate his singing. I loved Adam Lambert singing this song and can't help, but compare. Jessica may be technically good, but I have never felt any warmth from her. Even though she may have tried - it was like she was trying too hard. Elise I have to agree that I don't like her excuses of why it is hard to shorten a song when the rest of them have to do it.

I have no idea how America will vote and who will be going home. Am I the only one who was turned off by the way they started the show? It was too much drama for me and they never apologized to America for saying they got it wrong. AI is just not the same for me any longer. I have no music ability as far as knowing the techniques of the songs so I just go by what I enjoy listening to and whose music I would buy or like to see perform. These are just my opinions.

Just wanted to add that last night I voted for Skylar, Hollie and Colton.
    Last edited by Jaceegirl; 04-19-2012 at 11:59 AM.
    mandmmom2 likes this.

I don't know if anyone recognized the fiddle player & guitar player for Skylar. Remember the Next Great American Band winners? They became the Sons Of Sylvia? The fiddle player was Ashley & the guitar player was his brother Adam. By the way, Ashley was the original fiddle player for Carrie, but he gave it up to play with his brothers in the band competition.
    Debb70 likes this.

Am I the only one who was turned off by the way they started the show? It was too much drama for me and they never apologized to America for saying they got it wrong. AI is just not the same for me any longer.

It was weird, the judges running up in slow motion, rehashing the week before. Jessica crying on the couch, then all that wordy stuff about new beginnings LOL .How dramatic

It didn't fool anyone
    Bet2Win, mandmmom2, ilja and 2 others like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post

I have no idea how America will vote and who will be going home. Am I the only one who was turned off by the way they started the show? It was too much drama for me and they never apologized to America for saying they got it wrong. AI is just not the same for me any longer. I have no music ability as far as knowing the techniques of the songs so I just go by what I enjoy listening to and whose music I would buy or like to see perform. These are just my opinions.

Just wanted to add that last night I voted for Skylar, Hollie and Colton.
    Respectfully snipped.

I agree! I see nothing wrong with watching the show and knowing what you like. That is how it is supposed to be. IMO those judges have shown such ignorance and bias that their opinion no longer holds any meaning. I have no respect for them at all and apparently, they and the producers have too much ego to admit they were wrong and say sorry. It's not the same show IMO and this is likely my last season viewing, unless they get all new judges. IMO they have lost it.

Oh, your favorites are mine as well! Let's pray they hang in there.
    ilja and Jaceegirl like this.

WOW. I so want to like Colton and I do like him and think he has great potential, but he doesn't seem to be growing/improving as some of the others have done.

I still find many of his words unintelligible, and last night as I said his voice sounded odd, almost "tinny". Perhaps he strained his voice?

Skylar is going to make it in the business.

As for Hollie she has improved a lot and seems to have a base of supporters. The early whippings the judges gave her may have worked in her favor. I was looking at her singing last night and do I need some glasses or does she resemble Kelly Ripa ?
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Kelly Rippa? Hmmmmm.....I'll check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    I don't know if anyone recognized the fiddle player & guitar player for Skylar. Remember the Next Great American Band winners? They became the Sons Of Sylvia? The fiddle player was Ashley & the guitar player was his brother Adam. By the way, Ashley was the original fiddle player for Carrie, but he gave it up to play with his brothers in the band competition.
    Couldn't put my finger on where I had seen them before but knew I had.

I think that it may be Hollie's hair that looks a little like Kelly Rippi. They are both very tiny, but Hollie definitely sings better of the the two. LOL

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    Clothes- who told Skylar to wear parts the white parachute/ringmaster outfit again???UGLY!!! At least she went back to the pretty dress with the second song ( with the cowboy boots LOL) Elise--that orange see through thing with the wind machine did not get get her any points---the whole thing was hideous. She really needs to stand up and sing- the bouncy, bending her knees is so unattractive. I really want to gag when they have tried to humanize her for weeks now with all kinds of special attention.....and it isn't working

I thought Jessica looked exhausted and drawn this week, that her bottom placement just took the heart out of her. The second song was terrible as she screamed and screeched though out it.
    I liked Skylar's second outfit much better than most of the other things she's worn this season. Finally she wasn't covered in layers of fabric or poofed out on the sides or back. Simpler is better sometimes!

+ Reply to Thread