+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast
Like Tree135Likes

Thread: 4/18 AI 11 Performance Show: Top 7 Redux **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 4/18 AI 11 Performance Show: Top 7 Redux **West Coast Spoilers**

I wish Elise would stand up straight. She hunches, rounds her back, leans forward and bends her knees. Not a good look. They are dressing her too old, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I wish Elise would stand up straight. She hunches, rounds her back, leans forward and bends her knees. Not a good look. They are dressing her too old, as well.
    I can't remember, is she tall? I know my oldest sister has always done that and she is tall. I think she always did it because she was embarrassed to stick out since she was so shy.

Hollie was the first one out performing tonight and the judges were uncharacteristically nice to her. Are they trying to get rid of Hollie so badly? I don't know about anyone else here, but I'm voting for Hollie like crazy. 1-866-436-5701

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

I actually liked Hollie the best out of the girls. I gave her and Elise most votes tonight, even though I wasn't crazy about Elise's song choices. She is a great talent, and would like to hear more from her. Wasn't crazy about Jessica's song choices. Skylar has her country western fan base, as do the guys. Loved Phil, not Colton that much tonite. Josh is a good screamer. He too should have no worries of going home, even if he was in bottom 3 last week.

FORT Fanatic

This is a good group this year. I guess I have my favorite but am not so locked in that I would be so disappointed if someone else won.......UNLESS it was
    Jessica. I have never been enamored with her and after last week's fiasco I am even less enamored with her. I have thought all along that she is way too
    much into herself and obviously thinks herself deserving of being number one. If she isn't voted off tomorrow night, I will probably not watch next week. If
    my favorite wins, I'll find out eventually.

FORT Regular

I actually thought it was an uninspiring evening. None of the singers really stood out tonight. But what I really don't undesrstand is all the Jessica hate around here. First of all, she does not give me the impression that she has that sense of entitlement. I see her as just like another young person with a dream, like Hollie, Skylar or Joshua. It is not her fault that she, as many of you think is the judges' favorite. She should not be faulted for that and I feel does not deserve the wrath of some of the fans of this show. She is undoubtedly one of the best singers in the show's history but she does need to learn to connect with the audience, and that comes with age.

However, I do think she is not ready to go home yet. There are others who in my opinion should go home first before her. I would be happy if PP wins though. Love the guy and his style of music.

I have watched most of the first hour so far, including Jessica's song. I think she took Jimmy's advice to heart and took the lyrics into her soul. He gave the same advice to robo-Hollie and I thought she did well as well. Then I heard her tell Ryan that she has sung that song a lot, so not much of a stretch for her - much as Jessica has sung, "I Will Always Love You" a lot.

I enjoyed Elise and Phillip and had fun with Clayton...every time I hear "Bad Romance" I see a Tango on DWTS. LOL

Off to the last two of the first round and then on to the second.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

well that was a long night...but to end it with Joshua's version of CIGC was a let down for me. I felt he grunted it rather than sang it...gotta say I really felt Adam Lambert was way better and actually 'sang' it and with more real emotion in his season!

I was glad to see Elise do better - I like her voice and her runs but on the power notes I feel too much push to where it sounds a little screamy rather than singing.... I liked p2's last song...poor Jessica. Thought Hollie really did well. I did not think Skylar and Joshua were as good as usual and Colton not good at all. I really wouldn't mind seeing Colton go home if Jessica doesn't.......

Quote Originally Posted by BTW View Post
    I actually liked Hollie the best out of the girls. I gave her and Elise most votes tonight, even though I wasn't crazy about Elise's song choices. She is a great talent, and would like to hear more from her. Wasn't crazy about Jessica's song choices. Skylar has her country western fan base, as do the guys. Loved Phil, not Colton that much tonite. Josh is a good screamer. He too should have no worries of going home, even if he was in bottom 3 last week.
    Ranking in my opinion. (Note that I missed Hollie, Colton and Elise in their first round, but saw the full second round and recap at the end.)

The Girls:

Hollie ( She was really good tonight and really did look more comfortable)
    Elise ( I love this woman's voice and thought she was excellent tonight. I hope this wasn't her swan song.)
    Skylar ( She still gives me a little motion sickness but is really starting to grow on me.)
    Jessica ( Uh-Oh. Last week was a wake up call for her and the voters. She didn't sound good tonight at all.)

The Boys:

Josh (He did OK on A Change is Gonna' come, but these folks haven't listened to Otis Redding who was also in his 20's when he covered this Song.)
    Phillip ( I know you all think he looks crazy ... but he almost always makes me smile)
    Colton( He sounded off to me. He was pitchy and his voice sounded "light" and tinny to me.)

Who should go home: Colton ... no growth

Who will go home: Not sure yet, but probably Colton, Jessica or Elise.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I will have to listen again, it was very long and a somewhat borring two hours I felt sorry for Jessica, she is so young & she is just being used.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread