+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree543Likes

Thread: 4/12 Results Show **Spoilers**

Re: 4/12 Results Show **Spoilers**

When Steven said they would definitely use the save it almost seemed like he already knew who would be singing for their life. Do the judges know ahead of time who is the bottom of the pack before Ryan announces it? I truly don't think they would've saved Elise if it was her so for Steven to say that instantly makes me think all their surprised looks with their jaws on the floor was a big act. I wasn't surprised Jessica was in the bottom- I don't feel anything when she sings and all her talk about her friends and shopping and hanging at the mall as well as her "BB Chez alter ego" does nothing to endear her to me. I know she is young, and she CAN sing, but something about her bugs me.

So Colton and Phillip are now the only 2 that have never been in the bottom I believe. Someone will have to do a little digging, but I don't think any of the previous 10 Idol Winners were ever in the bottom 2 or 3 in their respective seasons. I could be wrong, but I think I remember reading that somewhere.

I finally figured out what bugs me about Hollie's singing- it's too slow. That Pink Song last night needed the tempo picked up just slightly. It makes her sound like she is drawing every word out and over-enunciating them which makes it seems like she is trying to be technically correct. She needs a little pep in her singing and I think she will do ok. I noticed it in the group number again tonight.
    sclilred1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mslady View Post
    I am so mad that I hardly know what to say first. The charade that the judges just pulled off has spoiled the entire season. They insulted both the audience and the six other
    contestants. I have been a loyal fan since season 1 and have generally respected Randy's comments because they seemed accurate and fair. However, his blatant bias
    for Jessica reeks of an obvious desire to predetermine the winner.

With their ludicrous behavior, the judges have rendered themselves irrelevant and their evaluations can no longer be trusted. If they have any integrity, they will apologize
    to the other 6 contestants and the voting audience

Here, Here !! I agree that some sort of apology is in order, but I doubt they have much integrity. I can't imagine how they could apologize except maybe to back pedal and say that they would have reacted that way for any of them. But they can't say that because they already said that America got it wrong. Jennifer looked insane when they said not Elise, but princess Jessica was "in danger".

At the very beginning of the show, a screen came up that said "Expect the Unexpected" and we all knew something was up. So this just confirms that the producers and Ryan know the results before airtime if RJS didn't know, then Ryan was certainly telegraphing it throughout the show.

I am thinking that as "judges" they are technically authorized to give their opinions as well as decide. But if they have already decided that Jessica is the winner ... that challenges the whole frame/design of the show.
    Jaceegirl likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I just did my own digging and I guess Rueban and Fanatsia were bottom 2(or 3) once and Kris was bottom 3 once. I guess I was wrong about that!

FORT Fogey

JLo rushed the stage to REALLY save Jessica!

The "alter ego" thing creeps me out.
    CupidGuest and Jaceegirl like this.

Ok I am on the side of the judges in this one. Jessica did not deserve to go home. The girl has been great since day one. Hollie has had her struggles. Hollie started out great in the competition,she just has no clue on how to use the mentors advise. It's not fair that Jessica could have left this competition because of people voting for Hollie to send a message to the Judges. Jessica has nothing to do with that. If Hollie is going to be in this business then she needs to toughen up and fight for what she wants.

I am so sick of great contestants leaving early because of something other than the sound coming out of their mouths vocally. I wish the judges had final say in all of the vote offs anyway. The judges are the ones with inside knowledge of talent. I just don't get the issues with Jessica. Apparently its not ok to be talented and know it
    BTW and Lil Bit like this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Ok I am on the side of the judges in this one. Jessica did not deserve to go home. The girl has been great since day one. Hollie has had her struggles. Hollie started out great in the competition,she just has no clue on how to use the mentors advise. It's not fair that Jessica could have left this competition because of people voting for Hollie to send a message to the Judges. Jessica has nothing to do with that. If Hollie is going to be in this business then she needs to toughen up and fight for what she wants.

I am so sick of great contestants leaving early because of something other than the sound coming out of their mouths vocally. I wish the judges had final say in all of the vote offs anyway. The judges are the ones with inside knowledge of talent. I just don't get the issues with Jessica. Apparently its not ok to be talented and know it
    Jessica did not deserve to be in the bottom two or three. Outrageous, that people would vote her off before a couple of the others. I think a lot of votes are cast because of the judges favortism working against the contestants. They should judge, critique, but not push for votes for "anyone". Jessica just may have been hurt by their hovering around her tonight. Sit there and do your jobs! Let the viewers decide. They should have learned from the favortism JLo showed toward Deandre. That oust was deserving though. Tonight's wasn't.
    NFL1 likes this.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

I'm not sure I agree with your assessment MsDiva that Jessica landing in the bottom was a result of people voting for Hollie to send a message to the judges. Maybe Jessica has not been a top vote getter all along. I don't have a horse in this race and don't care one way or another, but I for one am sick and tired of the judges throwing a candidate under the bus each season. This season it is Hollie. I am all for an honest critique, but when have the judges ever been honest or fair? They always steer the voters toward their pets. I think Jessica is very talented but for some reason she just leaves me cold. I think the show was wrong to lower the contestant age. I just don't think anyone that young has enough life experience to be able to really connect with many different types of songs. And the judges have inside knowledge of talent? That's news to me. With the exception of Steven Tyler, who is a singer and part of a hugely successful band, Randy's brief tenure as a bass player for Journey hardly qualifies him as a judge of singing talent, imo. Does he sing? If so, I retract my remarks. J Lo? Please! The only talent she has is shaking her ample booty and dancing.

ETA: How could I have forgotten that Randy is a music producer, as well as a musician? Especially, after all the name dropping he does each and every episode. I still think half the time he doesn't know what he is talking about, but maybe that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    I'm not sure I agree with your assessment MsDiva that Jessica landing in the bottom was a result of people voting for Hollie to send a message to the judges. Maybe Jessica has not been a top vote getter all along. I don't have a horse in this race and don't care one way or another, but I for one am sick and tired of the judges throwing a candidate under the bus each season. This season it is Hollie. I am all for an honest critique, but when have the judges ever been honest or fair? They always steer the voters toward their pets. I think Jessica is very talented but for some reason she just leaves me cold. I think the show was wrong to lower the contestant age. I just don't think anyone that young has enough life experience to be able to really connect with many different types of songs. And the judges have inside knowledge of talent? That's news to me. With the exception of Steven Tyler, who is a singer and part of a hugely successful band, Randy's brief tenure as a bass player for Journey hardly qualifies him as a judge of singing talent, imo. Does he sing? If so, I retract my remarks. J Lo? Please! The only talent she has is shaking her ample booty and dancing.

ETA: How could I have forgotten that Randy is a music producer, as well as a musician? Especially, after all the name dropping he does each and every episode. I still think half the time he doesn't know what he is talking about, but maybe that's just me.
    all over the internet there are people stating they would cast votes for Hollie for two reasons. Jessica's so called pimping and the supposed throwing of Hollie under the bus apparently. This is well documented. It's unfortunately not the first time its been done and probably won't be the last. The show is supposed to be about discovering talent, not high school popualarity contests

Randy has worked with some very high end talent his music cred is extremely credible. check out his wiki page.
    Last edited by MsDiva2007; 04-12-2012 at 11:03 PM.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Unfortunately, the show hasn't been about discovering talent in a long, long time. As I said, I don't have a horse in this race, and never vote anyway, so I truly don't care. I just wish the judges would judge, not say who deserves or doesn't deserve to go and not show favoritism. Let the people decide, even if it is a popularity contest. Besides, I am one of those who really don't think the AI winner is truly voted on by the public. I think there is a lot of voter manipulation going on.
    sparklete and Jaceegirl like this.

FORT Fanatic

The judges do not have the authority to tell "us" (the viewing audience) to vote for the contestant that they think is "the best". They should let "us" vote for the
    contestant that we think is "the best". Without "us" there would be no show and without the show, the judges would be out the millions of dollars they each
    make doing the show. Judges: You do your job and let "us" do ours.

+ Reply to Thread