+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree543Likes

Thread: 4/12 Results Show **Spoilers**

Re: 4/12 Results Show **Spoilers**

Well everybody, see you next week when Randy lectures us and Jennifer pleads with us and Steven spews utter nonsense at us in an attempt to save Jessica. Hollie will be demonized and the others will cease to exist.

Can't wait! At least we can all have fun laughing at them when she goes home anyways. They only have themselves to blame, if they'd just left it alone she probably would have won.
    maude~flanders likes this.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Quote Originally Posted by mnmhughes View Post
    So I know at least 6 contestants who feel like crap right now, knowing that the judges have already crowned Jessica their winner.
    I didn't watch this week, and probably won't for the rest of the season. To me, not one of them that is left has potential to be an American Idol. They all have potential to be successful, but they all seem pretty much on par with each other. So it is insulting not only to the voters, but the rest of the contestants to demand that one of them is more deserving of being there than another. Based on voice quality alone, Bob Dylan, Leon Russell, Madonna, Alanis Morisette (who I love), etc. would in the judges opinions be less deserving that Jessica.

And that's why this show has become stale. The people the judges push and put through for the majority are not relevant in todays market ... and Simon was the only one that would point that out.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

I missed Jessica's performance last night and was curious to hear what and how she sang that caused her to be the bottom vote-getter this week. When she began singing for the save I could not believe my ears. Holy smokes, she sounded like crap! In a way I was glad the judges rushed the stage to shut her up and put her out of my misery. What always concerns me about the save is this: let's say that Jessica has not been one of the top 3 vote getters all along and has been middle of the pack. Now we are down to 7. If a poor performance from last night caused her to be the lowest vote-getter, what's to say that next week it won't be repeated? Now, the judges have used their precious save and she is gone. I just think the save is a ridiculous premise. It's not called "Judge's Idol." Let America vote and let the chips fall where they may.

Was not impressed with James Durbin. Glad to see he is out there doing shows and selling records. Good for him.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I just had to log in to say THAT WAS SO FAKE!
    Jaceegirl likes this.

FORT Fogey

Well, last night I tried several times to vote for Joshua and Jessica through the 2 hour timeframe and my phone kept giving me a message that the # could not be connected, to check the number and try again... I got through for Elise, but it wouldn't go through for Hollie either...and only once for Skylar. Did anyone else have this trouble?

Randy said this girl is "the best singer in America"? Really?

Jennifer and Randy are both nuts and rude. Who in the heck do they think they are? Someone ( Wayward I think) told Randy to um ... use some hardware and I heartily agree. Shame on him and Jennifer ... If Jessica is the best singer in America, then just shut down the competition and bring out the confetti and be done with it. I feel so sad for the 6 other kids and actually, I guess if Jessica's America's best, they also just dis'd 2 Grammy winners and an upcoming artist who performed tonight.

As far as I could see, Steven was much more restrained. He said we'll use the card but not much more. Some times when he says things that sound inane & senseless ... it's not so senseless, but open to interpretation. Last night he said something like "Jessica, Every time I hear you sing, I forget where I am" ... So we sit here saying ... What ? But was that praise? It could mean he doesn't know if he's in a Karaoke bar, an elementary school recital, a high school talent show ... I think I need to start analyzing Stevenisms.

By the way, did anybody notice the look Skylar and Hollie gave each other when the "judges" were downstage gushing around Jessica? It was knowing and just a blink short of an eye roll.

So, I now think this show has jumped the shark and the shark ate it.
    Last edited by echo226; 04-12-2012 at 09:55 PM.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Quemoni View Post
    I just had to log in to say THAT WAS SO FAKE!
    They cannot act.That's why it was so weird last night with Hollie. They knew full well this was happening tonight. I agree F-A-K-E

So, I now think this show has jumped the shark and the shark ate it.
    Well said! LOL
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fanatic

I am so mad that I hardly know what to say first. The charade that the judges just pulled off has spoiled the entire season. They insulted both the audience and the six other
    contestants. I have been a loyal fan since season 1 and have generally respected Randy's comments because they seemed accurate and fair. However, his blatant bias
    for Jessica reeks of an obvious desire to predetermine the winner.

With their ludicrous behavior, the judges have rendered themselves irrelevant and their evaluations can no longer be trusted. If they have any integrity, they will apologize
    to the other 6 contestants and the voting audience.

Quote Originally Posted by mslady View Post
    I am so mad that I hardly know what to say first. The charade that the judges just pulled off has spoiled the entire season. They insulted both the audience and the six other
    contestants. I have been a loyal fan since season 1 and have generally respected Randy's comments because they seemed accurate and fair. However, his blatant bias
    for Jessica reeks of an obvious desire to predetermine the winner.

With their ludicrous behavior, the judges have rendered themselves irrelevant and their evaluations can no longer be trusted. If they have any integrity, they will apologize
    to the other 6 contestants and the voting audience.
    I cannot add anything to what you have said and I completely agree with you 100%.

+ Reply to Thread